I've Learned Something Today...

No_OnE

If this is supposed to be the General area of Tip.It, shouldn't we be able to post what we want? I mean just because some people don't think I "contribute" to the forum, does that mean that they then have the "job" to spam up my thread with comments even more worthless than my originall post.

The thing that angers me the most is that some people post comments that have statements in them that I already stated in my post. There are only two reasons for this... A) They didn't read the whole post and just decided to add a stupid comment... B) They have a reading level that is dumber than there comment...

If people think my topic is spam, and they don't like spam, why do they add to it? Some people actually thought that this original post was pretty interesting, yet there were the dumbed down versions of toddlers who decided to contradict themselves by adding spam about how they hate spam.

As I said before, this is the General area of the forum. The General area of forums the place where people post things that are, well, GENERAL. My original post was, I would think, General. Therefore, it fit the area it was posted in. Because of this, it was technically not spam. You people who called it spam were expressing your opinions. I will leave you with this... Your allowed to have wrong opinions.

why is everyone posting about how they died and lost stuff? It is getting very annoying. What did you lose maybe 30k in stuff? Why post this? If you die its your own fault deal with it.

People die all the time, if this story is meant to be inspiring or jaw dropping the sorry you didn't get that reaction

You two don't have a very long term memory do you? I said in my post that it's my own fault and that I was only posting this because I wanted to take a 10 minute break before I started mining ess. If you don't have something decent to contribute, why contribute at all? If your tired of reading stuff like this, then don't. You can tell by the first sentence what it's going to be about. There's this new thing called a "Back Button". It actually takes you to the page you were on last so you can leave pages that you don't want to be on anymore...

why is everyone posting about how they died and lost stuff? It is getting very annoying. What did you lose maybe 30k in stuff? Why post this? If you die its your own fault deal with it.

Read what he posted, THEN post... :roll: .

You two don't have a very long term memory do you? I said in my post that it's my own fault and that I was only posting this because I wanted to take a 10 minute break before I started mining ess. If you don't have something decent to contribute, why contribute at all? If your tired of reading stuff like this, then don't. You can tell by the first sentence what it's going to be about. There's this new thing called a "Back Button". It actually takes you to the page you were on last so you can leave pages that you don't want to be on anymore...

If you don't have something decent and vaguely interesting, why post at all?

deadforumslol.png

If you don't have something decent to contribute, why contribute at all?

Look who's talking... :wink:

Seriously, it's cool to blow off steam and all, but do you really have to spam up the forums with your story?

I'm the ultimate prayer noob.

err, dont you have your monitor set on like 1024 768 pixels?

if not, either get nvidia or a prog like that, make rs "pinned"( always first layer) or have like your aim screens on transparent

that'd fix your problems

I concur, lame topic with not much discussion in it. How are we meant to reply to this without Spamming or Flaming? Next time, post something worthwhile reading.

Offline and unavailable.

To all the people who are mad at me for posting something worthless...

Maybe I didn't contribute to this forum with anything decent to say, that doesn't mean that you have to contribute even more worthless stuff. It's pretty easy to just leave. This is the "General" area of this forum. Not everthing here is going to be the most exciting stuff. I wasn't really letting off steam, I just felt like saying it. That's what forums are for, saying stuff. Whether it's worthless or not, is an opinion.

err, dont you have your monitor set on like 1024 768 pixels?

As for this question, I could see the screen but I got distracted and really didn't pay attention to my HP.

I don't mean to sound harsh but why do you post here? There isn't really anything to discuss here, apart from the fact that this thread is pointless. Sorry for your loss but this is a statement, not a topic.

sig5235ro7.jpg

dude im sorry but losing some runes is NOTHING and i consider this SPAM

I know people who lost a dragon chain , full dragon , phats... these people were far more devastated than you, so i will tell you three words: GET OVER IT

2nddraftqt6.jpg

Join the sodb now!

Thanks to misterxman for the great avatar!

Geesh, people, RELAX! If you think it's spam, then you're adding to the spam! Give him a BREAK!

I, personally, thought your story was pretty interesting. Plus, losing runes is a big deal. Did you craft or buy?

Geesh, people, RELAX! If you think it's spam, then you're adding to the spam! Give him a BREAK!

I, personally, thought your story was pretty interesting. Plus, losing runes is a big deal. Did you craft or buy?

Thank you for your support. I crafted them so thats why I'm slightly annoyed at losing them.

dude im sorry but losing some runes is NOTHING and i consider this SPAM

I know people who lost a dragon chain , full dragon , phats... these people were far more devastated than you, so i will tell you three words: GET OVER IT

Never in my post did I say that I was devastated or something about losing my runes...

Lastly, since so many people are having a hissy fit over my post, I will change it...

If you don't have something decent and vaguely interesting, why post at all?

hypno why dont you go hang yourself

Dragon Drops: 5 medium helmet, 3 left shield half

Obby: Maul 1, Cape 1, Shield 1

People post on spam topics to let the person know that they should not post spam. Otherwise people will keep on posting spam like this:

(progression of the topics all made by the same spammer)

1st topic - ohemgee died to random event (posted 3x)

2nd topic - random events are evil

3rd topic - why does no one post on my topics

4th topic - answer meeeee!!*$##%

5th topic - you all suck

6th topic - ffs i quit Tip It

and so on...

If we all actually did as you asked and never posted on spam topics it would be a big mess.

no offence...but your title is just a bit generic dont we all learn somethign everyday? exept those rare cases where we sit in bed all day doing nothing staring into space and even then we ponder and learn new things? and yeah....ur title sucks...thats my point

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

People post on spam topics to let the person know that they should not post spam. Otherwise people will keep on posting spam like this:

(progression of the topics all made by the same spammer)

1st topic - ohemgee died to random event (posted 3x)

2nd topic - random events are evil

3rd topic - why does no one post on my topics

4th topic - answer meeeee!!*$##%

5th topic - you all suck

6th topic - * i quit Tip It

and so on...

If we all actually did as you asked and never posted on spam topics it would be a big mess.

Actually if you let it run the course you laid out above I bet it would be less of a mess. That person would be gone or modded and you wouldn't have the flame wars.