The Emo Area!

Ok well, can anyone describe to me what the meaning of emo is? And what type of music they listen to. If you'r an emo; maybe post what you do etc.

DA RULEZ

No Disrispecting others

No spaming

No swearing

Nothing bad

You realize that anyone who posts 'rules' on their post is just afraid of getting flamed out of the country for what they said, right?

Whatever, prepare for a flame war. There have been hundreds of topics about "emo"'s, and its getting damn tiring.

http://forum.tip.it/search.php

This topic has been done to death. Think of another topic for discussion

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Can someone please explain how the searching function works to me? I searched for threads about emo and the last thread I found was about 7 months ago but judging from previous posts there must have been topics before that.

This is the way the world ends. Look at this [bleep]ing shit we're in man. Not with a bang, but with a whimper. And with a whimper, I'm splitting, Jack.

Emo is not short for "emotional." It's short for emotive-hardcore.

My question for people who explain to me that it means "emotional," doesn't every song by any artist convey emotion of some sort? Exactly.

You realize that anyone who posts 'rules' on their post is just afraid of getting flamed out of the country for what they said, right?

True, but in this case the rules were pretty acceptable. We shouldn't discriminate them, or see the need to spam or swear. Mind you, those are tip.it rules.

Guest sc4ttered

emos usually listen to hardcore type rock.

from first to last

from autumn to ashes

greeley estates

i am ghost

aphex twin

Matchbook romance

Panic

Saosin

Story of the year

taking back sunday

Underoath

idiot

True, but in this case the rules were pretty acceptable. We shouldn't discriminate them, or see the need to spam or swear. Mind you, those are tip.it rules.

Yeh, but those should be taken as a given, generaly posters just do this to hope that they won't get flamed.

aphex twin

Aphex Twin?! Have you ever even heard anything by him? To call someone else an idiot having cited Aphex Twin as emo yourself is almost as ironic as you can get.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

Stupid teenage trends gone too far and are beyond pathetic.

emos usually listen to hardcore type rock.

from first to last

from autumn to ashes

greeley estates

i am ghost

aphex twin

Matchbook romance

Panic

Saosin

Story of the year

taking back sunday

Underoath

idiot

Those are definitely hardcore bands alright :roll:

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâú_o)/ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâï

doomdeathyz5.gif

Matchbook Romance, that sounds like something that could've been from the 50's. Anyway, M&M + Lock? :wink:

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Emo is not short for "emotional." It's short for emotive-hardcore.

My question for people who explain to me that it means "emotional," doesn't every song by any artist convey emotion of some sort? Exactly.

That's what I've been saying for ages. The top part of my first post was a quote.

Do you take yourself so seriously that you can't have a laugh at yourself Atticux?

I'm British but I'll still laugh when jokes are made about us eating roast beef all the time, having bad teeth and drinking tea.

I drink tea!

Emo's a pretty much dead genre. Saying that, there's loads of european emo bands that are still going, and I love. If you like, I'll "share" them with you :).

I'm Jake Milroy

Do you take yourself so seriously that you can't have a laugh at yourself Atticux?

I'm British but I'll still laugh when jokes are made about us eating roast beef all the time, having bad teeth and drinking tea.

Err.. Myself?

I drink tea!

Emo's a pretty much dead genre. Saying that, there's loads of european emo bands that are still going, and I love. If you like, I'll "share" them with you :).

No, it's not dead at all. Just the oppostie, it's growing rapidly.

"Emo" is just now catching on here in America, and it's already starting to annoy the piss out of me.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Yeah, I can only assume from the bitterness of your reply that you are an emo. You are an emo, aren't you?

Nope, not at all. Possibly the opposite. I just hate the way people laugh.. almost hypocritical.

So is it a complete coincidence that if I type...

http://www.[something]space.com/atticux

...into my little address bar we find a nice black page with depressing comments in the 'favourites' section, 'emo' brand logos in the pictures and Atreyu in the friends list?

That and a 'hardcore' band as your avatar.

Are you gonna tell me it isn't you?

Big ol' coinkydink.

So is it a complete coincidence that if I type...

http://www.[something]space.com/atticux

...into my little address bar we find a nice black page with depressing comments in the 'favourites' section, 'emo' brand logos in the pictures and Atreyu in the friends list?

That and a 'hardcore' band as your avatar.

Are you gonna tell me it isn't you?

Big ol' coinkydink.

So, cos I like Rise Against and Avenged Sevenfold (never said I liked Atreyu) I'm constantly depressed? Ok, whatever you like to think...

EDIT: Oh, you think I'm the atticux on myspace? Since when was Tom Delonge emo? Hahahaha if you think so mate.