What are you listening to right now!?

xenogold

Yeah, I thought it might be a bit like that, it seems like there's too much material for them to treat it properly. I'll borrow it off a friend and give it a listen.

Seems to be a thing for seminal rockers releasing new albums, what with Bruce Springsteen and Neil Young, although both their albums were fantastic.

Yea, the Bruce Springsteen album is really good. I heard Chrome Horse II only one time so far, but that sounded promosing as well. But yea, a lot of older rockers are releasing a lot new material lately (Neil young did three albums in two years?). But most of it works really good. Dylan's Modern Times is very good. And what to think of Ry Cooder's last two albums ChÃÆÃâÃâávez Ravine and My Name is Buddy. I think we can count My Name is Buddy as one of the best albums released so far this year. Cat Stevens coming back after a long period, but now under the name of Yusuf Islam. Even Meat Loaf released a Bat out of Hell album last year! But I didn't dare to listen that one. :P

I'll have to check out Ry Cooder's albums, sounds good. Heard some of Cat Stevens new stuff, kind of okay, a bit formulaic though.

Andvari - Sigur Ros

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

My band had dropped a gig on my head, giving me a weeks notice to learn 5 or so songs :evil:

So currently listening to Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench

[hide]They are also making me learn:

The Enemy - Away from here

The Wombats - Kill the Director

We are Scientists - Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt

All easy songs but getting them in time with my band and then performing them in front of 250 people (first gig) is gonna be quite a challenge. Especially as we have got a new singer and our first practice with him is five days beforehand. :uhh: [/hide]

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

I'll have to check out Ry Cooder's albums, sounds good.

You can check out My Name is Buddy anytime. It's sort of surreal experimental country album about a cat on a journey trough America in the thirties. The CD is a wonderfull package with the album of course, and then a wonderfull booklet giving introductions to the stories of the songs and of course lyrics, giving some great sketches of the cat and what he encounters on his journey. But with ChÃÆÃâÃâávez Ravine things are a little bit different. It's about the Mexican community that lived there in the 40s/early 50s (the Dodger stadium is there now), but that had to part of L.A. was completely distructed so that the stadium could be build. This record tells the story, but is also an homage to the place because it is so dear to Ry. There's a wide variety of styles used on the album, everything based on what was played at that time on that place. Most of the musicians on this album are also rooted from L.A. But that also brings that a lot of the songs are in Spanish, so unless you speak spanish you won't be getting the essence of it when you're downloading it. But when you buy the album there comes a great booklet with it giving first a little introduction to what the song is about, a little background information, and then the lyrics in spanish with english translations next to it. :) Of course you could get it the other way to get an impression of the album first, there are also English songs on it.

Nick Cave - A box for black Paul

Went to Amsterdam yesterday to see Editors in paradiso, and that was a very, very impressive concert. I loved it. But I also had a little bit of time to check out what Boudisque had and picked up some Cave albums I didn't have yet for a nice price. :thumbsup: From het to eternity is one of them.

My band had dropped a gig on my head, giving me a weeks notice to learn 5 or so songs :evil:

So currently listening to Foo Fighters - Monkey Wrench

[hide]They are also making me learn:

The Enemy - Away from here

The Wombats - Kill the Director

We are Scientists - Nobody Move Nobody Get Hurt

All easy songs but getting them in time with my band and then performing them in front of 250 people (first gig) is gonna be quite a challenge. Especially as we have got a new singer and our first practice with him is five days beforehand. :uhh: [/hide]

Pff, good luck on that Scientists song. :P They're pretty hard to follow, saw them live a while ago. They sure had a lot of energy. :shock: Fun to see them preform though, but it can't be easy to top them? Funny that bands like the wombats and WaS are already being covered. :o

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Papa won't leave you Henry

fragment lyrics.

I went out walking the other day

The wind hung wet around my neck

My head it rung with screams and groans

From the night I spent amongst her bones

I passed beside the mission house

Where that mad old buzzard, the reverend,

Shrieked and flapped about life after your dead

Well, I thought about my friend, Michel

How they rolled him in linoleum

And shot him in the neck

A bloody halo, like a think-bubble

Circling his head

And I bellowed at the firmament

Looks like the rains are hear to stay

And the rain pissed down upon me

And washed me all away

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!