Will there --EVER-- be a complete skills reset in Runescape?

Myystical1

Think Jagex will do it? Personally, I think it's unavoidable....five years down the line, there will be so many high levels crowding everywhere...even updates won't keep them happy. What do you think? A total skills and items reset?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont want to know what would happen if there would be a total one :roll:

that would be a whole new rs generation. dont think its oing to happen though. maybe rise max lvl.... maybe when rs3 is out..... you never know

No.

Gurantee you 50% of rs will quit.

I'll be with those 50%

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

if they reset everybody, who paid their $5 a month expecting their work to be permanent, they would be irate and i guarantee you at least a few people would try to sue...

the only way players will ever accept a total reset is if they come into the game expecting one

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Of course not, that's a stupid idea, the end doesn't justify anything, All the high level people would quit, Jagex would have lots of demands from members that payed 5$ for year achieving all their skills and stuff to have it erased, that's time and money lost for them, even for high level F2p it's time lost, it just wouldn't be fair to ANYONE.

diosesgif11vg.gif

Pkmario

Porygon 64

Black Charlizard

If that would happen I would expect a very high percentage of current players to quit, including me. I couldn't imagine how angry I would be, if all the hard work i've put into my main just went down the drain.

I could see them raising the max level before reseting everyone, although that could cause problems, because those that are already maxed out but still continue to train would gain levels instantaneously. I think they would just leave everything the way it is and just continue to develop new skills for people to train.

scaperunesigjw5.png

Check out my Pocket Slot idea!

They may raise the level cap. Add a lot of new skills down the line, but I think they will NEVER do a skill reset. Jagex would lose a TON of busniess if they did that. It would not be a smart financial move by Jagex in the least bit.

user1-dark.png 

Huge_Noob.png

why does it seem that once someone maxes out all stats that the game is no longer appealing or worth playing? im sure to the odd one or two people that would happen but they keep bringing out quests to satisfy those people.

so...yeah, a stat reset would not only be unfair but pointless

edit: off topic question (well kinda): what do you think would happen to the econimy? (this is not rhetorical, i want theories!)

limpxbizkid.png

i+r+newblet.png

happend on rose online.. :cry:

JfvHV.png

798M9.png

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." - Samuel Adams

My new site. [bETA]

The only way a skills reset would be acceptable, is if they ran a new version in parallel, with NO migration, or perhaps two server groups (or some form of split mode on the servers) with high score tables for migrated and non-migrated characters.

Maybe a similar game to runescape, but set in a more recent or perhaps a future setting, where energy weapons and transporters would replace spells, powerpacks would replace runes, and of course, thrown and wielded weapons would still be possible - after all, if Star Wars could combine blasters and fencing with lightsabres....

All my stats i paid 40 bucks worth of membership and spend a year on rs as a hobby?

if they put al my items and skills to 1 i would quit lol :l

6221st to 85 Slayer. ( Yippee)

No.

Gurantee you 50% of rs will quit.

i agree

do you beLIEve in higher powers?

now the proud owner of a fire cape as of

~~~~~~~~July 16, 2006~~~~~~~~

~~SOMONE DROPPED MY FIRE CAPE~~ 883092.gif