Media Market closed- A good thing after all?

woopidoo2

Dont you think, that since the mdeia market is closed, theres

a much more friendly atmosphere inhere?

The sigselling for millions, the hurying to make a sig right on time, its all gone!

The ones who did it pure for the money, are gone now (wich is to bad, Jervi, Frosbite992, etc)

By the real life item trading rule, people make sigs from another reason: To make someone on the other side of the world happy! Isnt that the spirit of making pixels and abstracts for eachother?

to me this change turned out very good, I wouldnt want the media market to be opened again. How about you?

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

I never really sold a sig for rs2 cash before, although i would like to

do it once :wink: .

I don't want the media market to be reopened, i like making free sigs when i'm in the mood for it to make others happy.

It's good as it is, people are making others happy without a payment, that's how the forum should be.

~ Nami

record.jpeg

For me is kind of indiferent, I've sold humm, 5 sigs max? Never made much money with it and now I make sig for fun and practive and vive them away... :D

I want and dont want to be reopened the Market, I want because people will get back to sig making, lots of them quit because they will not get money and I sont want because I enjoy see people making free sigs to the others, not as a order, but as a favor.

~komodo

komododabst3cn.png

Closing down the mm was one of the dumbest things ever, it's pathetic, Thoguh jagex are even more pathetic making it illegal after like 5 years with it being no prob. :? jerk.s..

Adelais.jpeg

Closing down the mm was one of the dumbest things ever, it's pathetic, Thoguh jagex are even more pathetic making it illegal after like 5 years with it being no prob. :? jerk.s..
yea well thats true, I made a pixel, my 2nd and I was going to make 200k on that one. the other day, media market gone and so my 200k I was about to recieve... :( my first big deal

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

i agree it is friendlyer and some people have left because it was closed. but i made arounmd 3 mill for sigs, and i miss the money. in fact ive quit rs, so it doesnt really matter now. but still its always nice to get something out if it. sometimes the pride of making it and seing someone use it, and knowing that theyre happy with it is good. but then, who would deny a bit exrta money?

just some thoughts as they came,

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

100% my own work, i make my own brushes: set 1 set 2

Yeah, it also allows people to take their time and effort to make the sigs, as they are not rushed. I don't think the MM should be brought back as there is a better atmosphere around the tipit graphics section, without it.

Yes and no.

Yes

People are feeling more generous, free sigs left right and centre.

New sig makers getting a chance to give out sigs with people using them.

Since more people are being given signatures, they are becoming happier which means less flames.

No

Since people cannot pay people are always demanding signatures since they have no patience. Time = Money ;).

Newbie pixelers flooding the board asking for C/C and to see if anyone wants it.

Signature veterans here have left. No money means no motivation.

knkcopy.jpg

Well, it's the same for me as well, yes and majority no.

And wait up, Frostbite992 wasnt completely doing it for money, he did me a really big favour which I won't forget in my entire life. He drew me lots of hand sketch pictures for free, and my gf likes it alot.

Thanks again frost, if you are seeing this. :)

As for jervi, I believe his abstract really rocks Media Market compared to others so it's quite common that people want good signature therefore they paid to have one.

I could not really accept when MM was closed times back, lost quite a few good mates in MM, like chess, Silverdawolf, Jervi, Frost, star, NuZzA, Faz1, Adroit, 01whitec and some alot others amazing sig makers I could name. And those who are actually actives in MM are no longer as active anymore now in 'The Gallery' (even thou I could still see NuZzA posting in a while).

At the same time, I've also realise countless of newbies and people are asking for FREEBIES pixel and abstract (seldom) in 'The Gallery' yet not much people are onto it, the only people I could see making free pixel are namename, Gold, woopidoo and maybe 1 or 2 more pixelers, while on the other hand, the abstracts freebies will be _k0m0d0_, flamer, cadburys_egg, and sometimes me. Where are all the master pixelers and abstracters we have seen in MM? We used to see master work created in MM cause of the money that buyer offered, although it's quite unacceptable that a image could actually sold for millions, but times = money. When the pixel or abstract hits the grade people wanted, I think it's worth to spent money on it.

Seriously, money wasn't all that Media Market appeared to be, it's more to be seen in the eyes. :) Not to be harsh, but ever since MM closed for good, I've not seen a really quality abstracts and pixels which let me impressed since den.

And well, yes is because like what cad had said. People are feeling more generous and more people are given a signature to use, less flames, happier.

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

Yes and no.

Yes

People are feeling more generous, free sigs left right and centre.

New sig makers getting a chance to give out sigs with people using them.

Since more people are being given signatures, they are becoming happier which means less flames.

No

Since people cannot pay people are always demanding signatures since they have no patience. Time = Money ;).

Newbie pixelers flooding the board asking for C/C and to see if anyone wants it.

Signature veterans here have left. No money means no motivation.

Yes

Back when I joined, pixel sigs where only around 100k-200k

But its been bumped up to the millions cuz of the demand and people having insane amount of money from game updates and people who want to up the prices...

No

The quality has gone down the drain for the most part...

The really good pixelers have all but left or had gone inactive.

When you see what kind of sig that millions of GPs can get you back then, you'd really feel your jaw drop... They were awesome.

So exactly what Cad said. the veterans left and now we have a lot of sub-standard pixels...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

I don't mind it too much since I've never sold a sig for much at all - The thing which really me off was the fact that Jagex could just decide to stop totally without even regarding the people who work hard. If it's damaging the economy of runescape then what about partyhats.

can i just say there there are still some decent pixelers around. godslayer, terley (sometimes), misterxman, blazer, and others.

and id hardly call myself a pixel noob.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

can i just say there there are still some decent pixelers around. godslayer, terley (sometimes), misterxman, blazer, and others.

PJB21

We know, not all pixelers that hang about are bad.

And I was referring to active pixelers. I haven't seen MXM post a pixel in ages. Plus, he is a moderator here. :)

knkcopy.jpg

PJB21

well some of them are inactive... cant blame them though...

but sometimes I wished they'd post works from time to time again...

The Enrichment Center reminds you that the weighted companion cube will never threaten to stab you and, in fact, cannot speak.

In the event that the weighted companion cube does speak, the Enrichment Center urges you to disregard its advice.

well obviously, its a shame to see some really good artists gone. it also means that people can get high ratings for something that isnt really that great, simply because the rater doesnt have any good work to compair it to. its just changed alot of thing. but change is something you have to get used to i supose.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

I guess I'm kinda getting used to what I've seen in 'The Gallery', almost majority threads here are "pixel pl0x", "requesting for pixel", "someone pl0x make me a free pixels". And when I clicked the thread, I will see the same old thing, "can i have a xxx dude wearing xxx armour in wildy killing dragons/slaying blah blah creatures/pking" and the most famous "omg! can i have a ahrim holding the staff casting xxx magic on xxx dude!".

In the past I'm stepping into MM with a "omg! impressed! nicee....", now when I stepped into 'The Gallery', I will goes "omg........ again? :? :roll: ".

2089wde.jpg

Thanks Metroid for the siggy and dark_shadow for avvy! \:D/ :thumbsup:

<3 wendy

Well seems I was just some dust in the wind eh? rofl

Yeah,When MM was opened, i could do what i loved and make a quick gold piece. Now, I can still do what i love and get my name out there. I really loved it when I could make something kick-wagon and get a cool 2.5-4mil for it. I really don't feel like repeating what has been said already, so basically I'm in agreement with all you guys.

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99

oh hey cask, i aint seen you in a while (one reason i didnt add you)

i still do them beacuse i love doing it, and it improves my art (something i love) so i continue to do so. but money is always nice as i have said.

PJB21

sigpjb2101sigdy6.png

I agree the quality of pixel sigs has declined since the loss of the Media Market, but I actually think the community is the same as it's ever been, maybe it's just not as active as it used to be. I personally stopped pixeling for my own personal reasons, the money didn't bother me as I never really played runescape..

The fact that Jagex suddenly wanted to stop people trading signatures for in-game money hit me as, a massive change in the community, less devoted artists, less support and more people asking for 'pr33 St00f', which was kind of the reason why I've suddenly quit.. It's dawnting to see pages of cheeky requests, dozens of pm's begging me to make an acception to each one. I think someone even offered me webspace.. Its hard to bribe someone with rs cash when I've not physically played for over a year.. :?

I know this topic wasn't soley about pixel sigs, but I've not seen any change in other signature medias..

vistame09copyhr8.png

Art in this forum hasnt been as good as it was a while ago like 6 to 8 months ago or a little long then that. Pixel sigs are crudy. (srry if i make anyone mad by this statement but thats what i feel about pixel sigs) So i believe that the media board has an afect on the sigs that are created here because it gives people a reason to imporve there work.

tFtfA.jpg