Random Events + DKs + Lag ftl

DarkDude

Jagex need to make it so you can't get random events whlie teleporting (Other than the Matrix)

Was just at DKs, had just done a trip, was no food and clicked to teleport.

Oh joy, drill Demon!

Anyway, I finish it, get back and click teleport, or so I think.

Just as I'm pressing the mouse down, my screen turns grey...

Log back in, I'm standing in fally castle without: 2 Rock Shell Plates - Obsidian Shield - about 500 Deaths - 2K minds - glory - Barrows gaunts - 100 laws and airs and some other stuff.

LUCKILY, I keep protect items on so I kept all my guthans. Good thing I wasn't ranging with crystal bow though :)

never been at DK's, but from what i hear, randoms can have the WORST timing ever e.g.: Leesters and his fishsticks, evil mime that wont let u heal, and this guy now with the drill demon... which happens to be a rare random at that... for me anyways (no drill demon to date, lvl 84 -.-) yeah jagex really should get rid of randoms at major monsters like the Dag Kings, Kalph, etc.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

TMK they have just added randoms to barrows...I've gotten 30m+ there and never gotten one before, but I stopped for a few weeks and returned today and got two :?

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

not so bad...one trip a team crashed our trip so i called a tele, my friend gets a trivia random, my other friend gets chicken, other 2 get away safely, i got a random (drill demon) but lived by 5hp.....but my other friends lost guthans spear, obby sheild, seercull, mudstaff, whip, seers ring, ranger boots, obby cape (x2), glory (x2) ROW (x2), and karils skirt --yeah randoms blow....hate them soooooo much and jagex needs to stop the randoms in dangerous places (e.g. KQ, dag kings)

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

not so bad...one trip a team crashed our trip so i called a tele, my friend gets a trivia random, my other friend gets chicken, other 2 get away safely, i got a random (drill demon) but lived by 5hp.....but my other friends lost guthans spear, obby sheild, seercull, mudstaff, whip, seers ring, ranger boots, obby cape (x2), glory (x2) ROW (x2), and karils skirt --yeah randoms blow....hate them soooooo much and jagex needs to stop the randoms in dangerous places (e.g. KQ, dag kings)

I'm 106 and I'd do it if it wasn't for what Reb posted...

If Reb jumped off a cliff, would you follow him?

:lol: Who wouldn't? :wink:

i know this guy cant say his name but met him on these forums and he fills his inventory at barrows with bones and he opens gets dounble item guthan spear and i think ahrim top buries one bone hello leo comes back all gone

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Double post ftw :roll: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

i know this guy cant say his name but met him on these forums and he fills his inventory at barrows with bones and he opens gets dounble item guthan spear and i think ahrim top buries one bone hello leo comes back all gone

I couldn't understand that at all :? , but from what I got out of it it sounds like you heard a fabrication of someone's imagination, merely a short tale for a few seconds under the limelight.

Ie, whatever that guy said was bulls**t.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Danman, I think that is a triple post.

From what I have heard, randoms happen more at DKs because you click less. That could be dangerous, imagine a chicken and a supreme attacking at the same time, that would be a big pain.

R.I.P The Old Nite. Heroes get remembered. But Legends never die. You were truly a Runescape Legend

newbankofrsyq0.gif

never been at DK's, but from what i hear, randoms can have the WORST timing ever e.g.: Leesters and his fishsticks, evil mime that wont let u heal, and this guy now with the drill demon... which happens to be a rare random at that... for me anyways (no drill demon to date, lvl 84 -.-) yeah jagex really should get rid of randoms at major monsters like the Dag Kings, Kalph, etc.

No way, have your seen how many people auto at DK's and the queen?

I agree, randoms are a huge pain to deal with, and nowadays autoers are good enough to bypass them so there really is no use.

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

Lol, random event: Burning fishstick! :lol:

Just remember though, if you get an event while you're teleporting, just teleport again and the event will follow you and you won't be penalized (or at least a few events have done that with me).

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

Lol, random event: Burning fishstick! :lol:

Just remember though, if you get an event while you're teleporting, just teleport again and the event will follow you and you won't be penalized (or at least a few events have done that with me).

You can't teleport with the events that teleport you though. As soon as they appear you're basicly immobilised.

Even the other random events (Evil chicken etc.) you have to wait ~5 seconds before you can do anything again.

Strange box is also very annoying at boss places, being unable to open them because you're being attacked by a lot of monsters.

There should be NO events at:

Wilderness, the number of times I've lost pks because of this.

King Black Dragon

Kalphite Queen

Dagannoth Kings

I never seem to get annoying random events, other than when I teleport, this is the second time I've died because of them. At KQ a few months ago I was soloing, ran out of food so I clicked teleport, surprise surprise a mime! After grabbing my 500 gp (YAY!) I come back and get 2 hit, goodbye helm *Salutes"

I was at the kings and i teled. Bang drill demon. Completed my camo outfit. Then i was teled back to the kings, ectoed. Ring Of Life saved me from poison, died at lumby, respawned at lumby and collected my things :P

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

What usually works for me to prevent getting owned while teleing is either casting an alch or burying a bone. Either one will usually spawn a random when I am prepared to deal with it as opposed to it appearing when I am teleing for my life. I usually do one or the other when it has been at least 10 minutes from my last random and I think that I will need to tele within 2 or 3 minutes (aka second to last shark). Eat to near full, activate the random, and deal with it.

I agree 100% that there is ZERO reason for them to be there. These places are dangerous enough without having to worry about a random event that can cost you millions. Randoms are there to defeat autoers and the least likely people to be autoing are those who fight dangerous beasts for cash. I would like to see an alch-macroer try that stuff at any of these locales. I wouldn't mind picking up their gp/bows and random events would be the last thing that would kill them there since the npcs are far more efficient.

Perhaps the solution is making randoms that are triggered by teles not hit until AFTER the tele is complete. Wouldn't solve every problem but it would be a nice start.

P.S. Randoms have been in barrows for at least 2 months if not since their "birth". The reason that I am 100% sure is when I was doing the original 10k kill count I was burying bones in hopes of a zombie. I wanted to make sure that they did not add to kill count (which they don't) and killed about 20 randoms (mostly shades).

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

On another forum, when talking about places in games where you'd die for no apparent reason, we'd refer to it as "you ded lol". Things like it include not seeing an obstacle ahead due to horrible camera-controls that seem to come with most 3d platformers and such, falling into a pit of acid which no chance of getting out or something (even Doom had that :P), or nasty game bugs get you killed fast (Diablo 2's multishot lightning bosses come to mind, at least before they were fixed).

A random event coming and killing you, or rather, dieing at random, would nicely fit in :P

Would be mildy amusing if an old man came in, said "you ded lol", and took you to the mime place or whatever :)

Yah iv heard of that, boy was he mad or what, that just plain sucks when u get a stupid random like that and u loose something soooo valuable

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

I just think randoms are annoying when ever they are...

still i agree about the teleing thing....

theres many times when ive teled in wild and got a random..(

more times ive got randoms by teleing in wild than out)

my current random status is:

12 gravedigger

8 mime

2 camo

countless frogs..

Solution is pretty simple, just like when you get the random teleport fault, you get given runes, perhaps on all teleports you get given an anti poison and shark, this should be given at the beginning of the teleport, or an easier option is to just switch off poison on random teleport and heal 20hp, after all it's not your fault you had to have a random event, so why should you not benifit?

Quit Runescape 10 jan 2007 - Playing again 2012

Ronnyuk.png

4842295.png

thats not bad, remember the guy who was poisoned from king dags, and got a mime and died from not being able to eat or anti-pot cuz of the mime

gah, that happened to me at dag kings and kbd, except with evil bob

parents17dc.gif