Why Runecrafting Blows

goku_nazz

I think the actual value of nats will depend upon the eventual market value of pure ess.

The market value of pure ess depends on several factors:

1. The value high level RCers place on not having to mine ess for themselves (I do no see this being a limiting factor)

2. The tranferral of lower level players from flax picking and bs crafting to ess mining as an income stream (I cannot see popular uptake of this while pure ess remains below 100 per)

3. The incursion of macroers into p2p ess mining (this is something of an unknown but is unlikely to take hold any time soon)

4. Downward pressure from a static nat market (this is unlikely as decreasing supply will create a sellers market)

5. The number of high level RCers prepared to take a hit on profitability on the scale you have identified.

Therefore, given that there are no other influencing factors I do not see pure ess prices dropping by more than 10% (recovery from the delayed market panic). However, having said all of this the market is still highly unstable and, as such, very sensitive to the above factors.

One important question is what other methods exist for these high level RCers to make money on a similar scale. If easy options exist then nat prices will likely rise slightly as RCers move out of the market. Otherwise prices will probably rise less, if at all.

An interesting aside will be to look at the effects of a move to pure ess mining for profit on the already undersupplied bowstring market. This whole scenario could end up being bad news for the fletchers out there (including me :( )

This is all just personal opinion, feel free to contest

df

iratebadger.png

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

this is unfortunately a consequence of cutting off f2p and p2p economies, we lost our supply of raw materials, and f2p lost their buyers....

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

f2p lost their buyers....

That is true, however, do you not think that a lot of ess sold before the split was for levelling rather than profiting purposes?

If so it is not inconceivable that the drive for cheap RC xp (because, let's face it, high level RC is still good money) will rekindle the n-ess market. For example instead of w66 laws does anyone not see a market for more companies like w16 airs, even bodies now the wall has been removed? The question is how much of the ess pre-split went to levelling and how much to for-profit RC? I would guess the majority went to levelling, meaning demand will still be high.

df

iratebadger.png

Its to do with price stickyness, it takes awhile for markets to react to inflation such as the ones you are talking about (The RBA plans for inflation about 2 years in advance, i.e any changes they make take about two years to take affect) which is why it took the market two weeks for the prices to rise, rather than people running out of their stocks of essence (although this would have contributed). Nature runes will only rise if people decide they are better off doing other things with their time causing supply to drop.

Guest mmortalone

OMG!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had NO IDEA that they were at 85-100 right now

*runs to mage guild*

You make some very valid points.

The need of Jagex to stop autoers has gone to far as to change the game for the rest of the people that play fairly for the worse.

Did the essence update even stop autoers? No not really..

Heres why...

1. The person makes his level 3 miner a member. Gets his combat level to 15-30 (anti-ban) and his mining up to 40. Does the rune mysteries quest. Then he starts autoing the essence.

2. Gets 10k+ essence and sells it 100+ea. Gets 1 mil+ runescape gold in his bank.

3. Goes to "mills" or cheating site and sells the 1 mil+ gold for REAL MONEY! One million runescape dollars = 7-12 dollars in real life.

So say they auto 50k ess in 5 days. Thats 35-60 us dollars! Sure they will get banned... but they still make a profit because they only pay 5 dollars, and in return they get 30+ dollars in real life!

Its sad because its true but this is what the game has become to, Jagex cannot stop it and never will...

Why not? Cant Jagex IP ban them? NO

They can use a PROXY! (Hides IP address)

How do I know so much? Easy, there are guides like this all over the web!

I just typed it in a google...

mills0ms.png

[/done ranting]

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

Thanks for this thread, I just bought 130k rune ess :lol:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Hmm....

*runs off to mage guild*

But it is not a Mega loss, I mean if a Member plans on making things like Airs, Fires, and what-not. He/She will save loads by buying Normal ess to make those runes. :wink:

My Accounts:

Cman1989 (Main Account) - Summer_Mists (Secondary Main)

Imake_Runes0 (Skill Pure F2P) - X_Magicka_X (Mage Pure F2P)

I bought 45K Pure Essences at 50 each..That was like 2 weeks ago,I think that it will not die,because mages need the Natures to gain levels,Mages are pures,Pures are PKers and nothing will stop PKing unless Jagex Is BEGGING for a outrage and anger. RC will not die unless something tragical happens..Which doesn't sound like it will.

who knows with jagex anything can happen...

anywhere from changing it back to making it worse

1335752yv6.gif

[]*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡ÃâôÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè) ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâè)

(ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâô (ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâø.ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâ÷*______Now Look Down

The%20Offical%20Pharaoh%20of%20Tip.it.png

I don't RC often, but I'd recently decided to get 75.

I was planning on doing mainly FFLaws in world 66, but with this new update it would cost a bundle.

Something does NEED to be done about this!

Tragical ... :lol:

being 74 rc my self, this update hasnt affected me alot yet.

I bought 50k pure ess @ 75 ea, which isnt so bad if you look at it.

Using super energies and 3 pouches, i make 41 nats a run. I make roughly 1.3k nats an hour, which still works out to 225 gp profit per nat made.

Sure ess costs more, but hopefully the receiving end of the nature process ( the alchers) will increase in demand for natures.

Do smithers have to deal about getting pked? Losing all the pouches, having to search them again for an hour of the time?

Runecrafting is NOT that profitable if you use runners, or if you just walk back and forth(considering the time). You go into abyss, you get a skull and 0 pray, you have to deal with the pkers.

You don't have to use the abyss. I did most of my nat making when there wasn't an abyss, or pouches for that matter. Just make nats the old fashioned way. Or laws. Mine ess yourself. Powercraft fire runes if you want to level. It was good enough for zezima. There is a multitude of solutions to your problems.

I just answered that in the sentence you quoted me. :wink:

94magesigid1.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=525348 - My Pking Gallery

I'M BACK FOR SUMMER BABY

Nature runes will rise, but ofcourse same thing will happen as with the pure ess.. it needs time before people run out their stocks of natures...

then the price will skyrocket ;)

A few months before pure ess, I traded full guthans for over 300k ess. I made like 150k profit when i merhcanted it. If I kept it I would of made over 18mil. :cry: Kick me please?

sig5235ro7.jpg

A few months before pure ess, I traded full guthans for over 300k ess. I made like 150k profit when i merhcanted it. If I kept it I would of made over 18mil. :cry: Kick me please?

sig5235ro7.jpg