German RuneScape coming?

z80a

I do not know is this new, but now jagex (see their corp site) not hiring translators anymore but hiring german customer support :shock:

Tomorrow's update may include multilingual support as well.

Yeah, that'd be cool, although it wont affect me anyway..because i don't know german.. :oops:

shannonta5.gif

Miami Heat 4ever fan.

Yes, i'm a girl! I like to watch NBA, so? =]]

Thanks star_in_the_sky for the AMAZING sig and eckered for the great avvy!!

woop woop nice :wink:

but i don't care if i read it in german or english......

actually, they should leave it in english so that the little ones will get their buts off the couch and learn!!! :shock:

ui, but what if they study on the couch, then they could justify being a couch potato... uiii, no way... i got to go jogging now......

bye

actually, they should leave it in english so that the little ones will get their buts off the couch and learn!!! :shock:

ui, but what if they study on the couch, then they could justify being a couch potato... uiii, no way... i got to go jogging now......

bye

Yeah i believe you speak german...

If you did you'd be saying it was a great thing because you can speak both languages not that you don't care.

bye

Yeah i believe you speak german...

If you did you'd be saying it was a great thing because you can speak both languages not that you don't care.

ehem ehem. german is my first language... and after a year abroad, i'm almost as fluent in english..

it would be nice if they put in french or spanish, then i'll say it would be a great thing because i can read and practice...what, on the other hand, i don't need rs for anyway

well.. i'd say: stick to english. this keeps the "ubernoobs" (younger than 10) from non-english speaking languages out of the game. It was really funny to see my cousin trying to pronounce those english words... :lol:

I am dutch by the way

Proud Member of G.U.I.L.D.S., a new kind of Community!

I believe the reasoning behind their need for multi-lingual workers is so that many languages are able to be spoken on RuneScape without the Censor messing it up because of a offensive word that is English.

That's a quick fix, there isn't a need to give someone a job of putting in a few hundred censored words. Jagex did promise new versions of the game for different languages so I think it's safe to assume they're hiring for a German version.

German?

Why German?

I'd think it would come out in Spanish or French or something like that before German.

They're a Europe based country. While the main language in the USA after English is, I think, Spanish, in Europe, my guess is it may be German. Possibly French, but I dunno.

blackmbnaval,Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Mc%20Comix%20Yo.gif

Jagex is also expanding it's other Java based games. To make them seem even more like Java Gaming Experts they can hire out bi-lingual people who also know how to code to make their Jagex games that would expand their market.

Look at it this way. You're randomly searching the 'net for Java or Flash games and you stumble upon one called Flea Circus EXTREME! The game is alright and you want to see if there are more games from the parent company that made it (or am I the only one who will go to someones website if I like their game?). It turns out that Jagex made Flea Circus EXTREME and you peruse their site and you stumble upon, *drum roll please*.... Runescape!

It's not exactly direct advertising, but it still works such as the news of RS traveling by word of mouth. I could be wrong, but it's possible, only the future holds the truth.

At one of their press conferences Jagex said something about bringing new language versions of the game out by the end of 2006. Well this looks like the biggest update for the engine this year so there is a good chance that a german version of RS could be coming out this month.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

Dam, ther goes insulting other people in diffrent languages :(

That is oh so fun.

Or do you mean that there will be diffrent versions of the game?

So you when you type in runescape.com on the browser, it will ask you 'What language?' or something like that. So there might be a world 10 on France and a world 10 on germany.

Gosh, speaking of a france world. That would be a good place to buy berets!!! :)

ohdearyouaredead3dl.png

ihavearightfinald5er7be.gif

i doubt it, there isnt even a german server i dont think anymore

i know no german players so i doubt there are enough in this game to make a german version, if anything it would be dutch or spanish

485th person to ever play RuneScape

Blue107- perm banned 10/12/2007. $300 USD reward if you can get me in contact with someone who will take 5 seconds to look at evidence and get my original character unbanned.