money income from karamja lesser meds

Lode

I was training at the lessers in karamja, got some meds and stuff, and that made me think: what's the total money income in the Runescape world, purely from rune meds from karamja?

I made a very rough estimate:

It takes about a minute to kill a lesser and let it respawn. Say there are around 100 servers on which 5 people are active killing lessers (there are 10 lessers on karamja in total but not all are being attacked). That means about 500 karamja lessers / minute are killed in Runescape. A lesser has 1/64th chance to drop a rune med (I think). That means there are on average 8 meds per minute dropped on Karamja.

Each med is 11250 gold coins and most get high alched. With 8 meds per minute, that makes 90000 per minute. There are 1440 minutes in a day, so that means that, purely from the lessers on karamja, there enters 130 million gp the world of Runescape!

That's 47 billion a year.

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

Arenascape: Lode (Level 240+ Warlock)

you have to remember that you wont find at least 5 people killing lessers in every world 24/7. in fact, i'd say youd find 5 people or more at lessers (including under crandor) maybe for 10 hours a day on average. very often on off peak times theres nobody there, or 1 or 2 people for the most

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

nice, but you must have way to much time on your hands lol

Killing 1000 lessers in a row is just boring and makes you think about vareous different things 8-)

Runescape: Lodev (Combat level been fixed at 101 for years now, Total level 1500+, playing since march 2002)

i m working for a high ranged lvl and i killed over so many lessers atm

because jagex removed my favorite training spot for ranged (ica giants in wild)

i think ur calculation is good but not that correct...

i kill a lesser in 25-45 secs (and it only takes about 40 seconds to respawn a lesser, 30 or less if the server is very crouwded)

but its tru, only 10 hours a day, there are 5 peeps or more killing lessers...

here (GMT+1) between 7h AM and 1h PM there is almost no1 at lessers

each trip i go ranging i get about 10 meds, and i get a med each +-40 minutes

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png

Yeah, don't get me wrong, this was a good read, I'd just really like to know how on Earth you had this train of thought. :P

Dude, I'm a freaking student civil engineering in my last year and interested in (the Runescape) economy, go figure. :D

Well...if this interests you...

A long time ago...in a land far, far away...

I once killed TONS of lesser demons. I had over 40 rune meds and several other items of loot. I made my first evil mil of cash from lesser coin drops and then about 440k in alching the meds.

I immediately bought a mask set for 850k...sold it a bit ago for 36 mil.

Besides my p hat, the best investment I ever made. :D

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, this was a good read, I'd just really like to know how on Earth you had this train of thought. :P

Dude, I'm a freaking student civil engineering in my last year and interested in (the Runescape) economy, go figure. :D

Haha, cool dude! Good luck with the rest of the year :D

i loand my friend 100 nats cause he asked for some. He then left to karamaja to fight lessers on f2p. he came out with around 400k gp, 3 unalched rune meds for me, a few hundred choas and around a hundred death runes. He was on f2p. He went in as a lvl 68 and left a month later as a 81. Most of the money was from the alchs as he had only about 40 or so left. he spent around 4-5 hours every day no lifing there so add that up for me k? If one person got this in a month, imagine what 2 people on 100 servers getting that bring in every month! (400k+around 70k from choas and around 30k from deaths, didn't sell the fires(about 12k))x2=1mil*30=30mil per 2 people a month. those numbers came out way to nice...anyways what if their were...lets say around 5 people per world? that's 75mil a month for only 100 worlds. That's a lot!

:shock: Nice calculations, lol, i'd never do that....

Five people per lesser area isn't very acurate. Yesterday, I was there killing lessers and very rarely were there more than 3 people. Alot of people spend half their time fishing, and the other half of the time killing.

Still, 47 billion gp is quite alot of money.

That's a pretty good rough idea. You can't always be sure that the drop rates or peopel per server will be consistant though.

123 Combat / 1900 Skill Total / 99 HP / 7x 99 Stats

Don't forget, a lot of people die, and quit every year, so that 47 billion a year is a little off.

I was talking about money income of course, to get a stable economy the money leaving runescape should be the same.

But if the money income from a semi rare drop from 10 lessers on karamja is already so high, I wonder what the total yearly money income of everything in RS is :) I think "billions" isn't the right word for that anymore.