Quitting, What to do with the cash lying around.

Fierce-Penut

hello guys, im gonna keep it short.. im retiring for this game called runescape.. all i have done is merchant and it isnt fun to me anymore, and i wanna give out about 25 million gp so that person can enjoy runescape instead of worrying about money like i did. i think i should have a lottery or something like that, but im not really sure. whoever helps me pick out a good idea will get 3million gp.

and go 8-)

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prepare to have half the tip.it population post on here saying "give it to me." :P

I think you should have a small drop party with your friends, or a small invite only drop party. The huge ones tend to end up with people thinking they were going to get rich flaming you for not giving them anything...

Here's a couple ideas.

1. Hold onto it. You never know if you might decide to play in the future. I made the mistake of giving away a lot of things thinking that I was going to stick around.

2. Buy a couple holiday items and let them gather dust in your bank. You could buy 1 red mask, or perhaps 2 santa hats. Then hold onto them until a later time.

3. You could give all your stuff to a good friend. I'm sure someone you know would love a financial boost.

4. You could throw a drop party, and give to the community. Everybody loves a good party, and it's an easy way to blow several million gold pieces.

Hope those helped!

tomato1ry.png

you could, of course, have a hide and seek contest. if you wanted, make it wildy only and the first to find and kill you wins.

:ohnoes:

give it a week prices down to 10m easy... month down to 5... :-k

sum1 quote me on that and see in a month lol :ohnoes:

-December 6.

I never lost any spears to ppl i went with. My internet providers are backstabbing pixel huggers though.

Go to a f2p world, seek out the kindest, nicest noobie you can find, and give him a mil. (by newbie I mean lv 30 or so, that way he doesn't die, and he is aware of it's worth.)

Do that to each nice noobie you find.

Thats the kindest thing I could think of.

Just think of the joy that newbie would feel when he gets as much cash as he could ever need for 50 levels...

scavenger hunt

basically have items that arent common such as grog, doctors gown, planks, tiles, beads, etc

youd need a rule such as no teleporting and have 4 people picked out to stand in main teleport spot to watch for cheaters also make sure to make the list hard so people cant just take it out of bank incorperate no bank using (tough some might cheat, but then its no fun)

Then have a riddle for the meeting spot like

*Filled with the chaotic symbol, only crumbles remain*

That would mean meet at high lvl greater demons

tell me what you think add x zonna x if you wanna talk about it ive done some good events like this before, ive got some ideas to help

I think a lottery draw might work, have people post giving theit name and after X amout of time, pick a name. Or to give more people a chance, you could have first, seconed and third prizes, thus increasing a person's chance at winning

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

You could give it to me... ;) Jk...

Anyway, one of the things that I've been wanting to hold like a posting constest. Here's how it would go:

1) Warn people that you will be posting topics in the General or General P2P sections and that the first poster in one of your topics gets 1M.

2) You would do one topic at a time and stick to your word by giving the first poster 1M.

3) You can either make it to where one person can only win one time or you could make it unlimited.

You can edit the rules and stuff if you want. I dunno but it always sounded like a fun way to quit RS and help out the Tip.It community at the same time.

RuneScape Lottery. Pick a number between 1-100, and the closest one, wins!

Host a drop party

Give it to a good friend

I dont like to give it away to a newbie, makes it too easy for that newb.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I am unsure whether you meant to give 25m to one person or a group but here are some options for you.

If it were for a single person:

1. Your best friend on runescape. Seems simple, and it is, who better to give to?

2. Loved One. I was just posting on a couples topic so I thought this may be appropiate if you had someone as such playing the game as well.

I would not give that sheer amount of gold to anyone else as a new player would not know what to do with it and is likely to tell someone who would eventually scam them (not the purpose I expect you have for this gold).

If it were for multiple people:

1. Gather a small group of people who you have grown close to in the community and give them a proportion each (whatever fraction you decide). I would say this is better than a drop party as it would be your friends who remember you rather than a random group of people who would not remember your name the next day, only the item they bought with your gold.

2. Maybe not all, but with some you could give starting players a helping hand for any items they may need. A few gold pieces in their pocket, some basic items and some armor go a long way in convincing a new player than runescape does have nice players around :)

3. I believe you can put gold into the party room and this goes on the assumption that you can. Again, using a proportion of your total gold, in 500k or 1m or whatever increments, put X amount of gold into the party room without releasing the baloons. Do this over a few scattered worlds. Someone will get a nice surprise when they next visit. Almost a St.Nick sort of thing.

Hope that they are helpful to you in some way and sorry to see you go. Good Luck with whatever you choose to do.

Kahor.png

You could give it to me... ;) Jk...

Anyway, one of the things that I've been wanting to hold like a posting constest. Here's how it would go:

1) Warn people that you will be posting topics in the General or General P2P sections and that the first poster in one of your topics gets 1M.

2) You would do one topic at a time and stick to your word by giving the first poster 1M.

3) You can either make it to where one person can only win one time or you could make it unlimited.

You can edit the rules and stuff if you want. I dunno but it always sounded like a fun way to quit RS and help out the Tip.It community at the same time.

Those ideas don't sound great, because some people can't get on the forums as much as others, so it would be unfair.

I have to go with the lottery idea, and the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd idea is good too. Just let like 100 people (including me :P ) pick a number 1-100 and randomly draw 3 numbers from the hat, and hand out 12.5mil for first, 7.5mil for second, and 5mil for third.

OR, you could invest in a rare or two for when you come back, because you know you will :wink: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

The problem with giving a mil to random new players is that they tend to die fairly often before they discover "banking." They're tons of dangerous NPCs in the Lumbridge, Varrock, and Draynor area (highwaymen, muggers, jail guards), and it would be a shame to waste a mil on that.

By new players, i mean lvs 30 or so, who already have some sense for the game.

Also, I would choose some mature, intelligent, nice newbs over random ones.

Make sure the one who receives your fortunes is worthy of it.

I suggest making or buying several sets of cheap armour and weapons and give them to new players in Lumbridge.

It might spur them on to keep playing. Also, to keep rewarding those who say thank you. :)

On the flip side, it's been proven that women are probably better mothers

Yes I have balls, but they melted.

I know this is simple, but give it to your best friend. Make their day, give them something to smile about. Or rather then that buy them a santa and give the left over cash to them to ponder over and use as they wish. I'm sure nobody in the RS community would want more then that.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

Here are some of my ideas:

1. Give it out to random people you see act nicly

2. go on a suicide trip in wildy with nothing but 1mil on each time and attack some one!

3. Give it to a friend. everyone can use some more money

4. Have an invite/friends only drop party. If someone uninvited comes, pm everyone who was supposed to come and tell them were to tele then run for it! then restart the party

5. Keep it/ invest in some rares. You might remember in a few years that you used to play a [developmentally delayed]ed game and that you might have something. for all you know youw ill come when phat prices have gone past the money cap!

6. go to a crowded area and drop it on the ground, then leave. before you leave say that you dropped that money there and watch what happens :lol:

7. Give it to someone in tip.it, or better yet, help the OoC with tip.it by making a cabbage picking contest!

That's all i got. hope you get on with your life after you quit

-Well you could donate it to the TET so they can buy a lot of good stuff for a drop party.

-Help out some of your good friend's in runescape that are in need of help.

-You could also do like, i think tomato said buy some rares so if you every start playing again you can have more money to merchant with, sounds like a good idea being that you are a merchant.

-a good one would be to drop incerments of 100k on the ground but i'm sure that would be hard to do.

tFtfA.jpg

I'm thinking a good Seer's Bank drop is in order. Buy alot of random things, like rune items, dragon weapons and so on and just go to a world, probably world 9, and then just start dropping things. Hehe what a suprise that would be to be in the bank then. Either announce it or don't it doesn't matter.

Noproblem22.png

You should hold a small events party. Going to each mini-game for at least 2 hours. Go to Trawlers, Fight Pits, Castle Wars, Pest Control etc. Then have a drop party. Drop some runes, arrrows, armor, etc. Then, to your closest friends, divide up a few mil between them, but maybe only 4-5 people. That'd have people remember you and your experiences with them.

my suggestion:

keep it to urself. Why even give it away? only one person gets it, and everyone else doesn't. I'd love to have the equivalent of a d chain, but who am i kidding...its wouldn't last that long. Plus everybody else would be like "that's so not fair...he got 25m for free."

so I say keep it....that's my suggestion.

casketwl7.png

Sig Under Construction

Current Goals: FIshing 91/99 Cooking 93/99