@@ !! [ xp3nsiv's lil' book to f2p pures * Last Vol.*] !! @@

Tsunami_Ice

1) I have a str pure, lvl 40 att, 46 str (still going), 1 def, 1 everything else, 40 hp lvl 39 cmb. Training on lvl 9 al-kharid warriors is very close to the bank, close to the kebab seller (buy them with money dropped from warriors) and seems pretty fast. What are your thoughts on trainign here?

PROS

- Level 9's with 19 HP

- Close to bank

- Plenty of them

- All of them are crammed in those rooms.

- Close to Food

CONS

- "Aggressive"

- Multi-Combat Zone.

- May be crowded.

If you consider a training spot to "seem pretty fast" - then yes, stick with it. In my opinion, the advantages WAY surpass the disadvantages - especially by the fact that theyre level 9 with 19 hp. As long as you take care with your hitpoints, and ALWAYS carry food along with you, it's an effective training spot.

2) I am in the works of a mage pure (1 str, def, att, 22 range, 41 mage, 19hp) he's lvl 24 and has wind blast. I trained this mage with curses (took bloody forever) and was wondering if i should be using fire bolts in order to gain hp and if its faster?

Fire Bolts is much faster - but much more expensive. However, I dont see why you train separate pures. If you have a decent strength pure with a suitable amount of "melee" levels - you are able to gain a considerable amount of magic levels without gaining a combat level. Same applies for ranged. (This does NOT apply for Prayer)

I suggest you check the tip.it combat calculator to experiment with goals and expected combat levels.

Oh yes, and HITPOINTS are VERY important. Fire Blast is used by any pkers from levels 39-48, they hit 16 maximum. You'll die in 2 hits if you're not careful. To be honest, I suggest you start training magic on your strength pure, rather than creating separate pures - and utilize offensive magic spells for training - so that you can gain hitpoints. What good is a pure if it cant survive for 3 rounds?

3) Which world do you buy your bronze and iron arrows from? I currently have about 55k and was doing so buy merchanting arrows ;) I found addy worked best (buy 100 ea, sell 160-200 ea) but people dont tend to sell me addy arrows. So what's the best world for buying from Lowe?

There is no best world - its just dependent on who gets there first :wink:

However, I suggest that you merchant iron and bronze. You wont be able to sell for those prices if you dont have enough of them :P

4) GREAT GUIDE! 10+/10

Cheers :lol:

RSN: Xp3nsiv

Thank-you very much for answering my post, just 1 more thing, do you think it would be fine if I trained melee on my mage pure, instead of mage and range on my melee pure? (already wasted money on runes, arrows anyways right?)

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i dun think training on monster with low hp ( 22+) is good

Example is:

YOu fight a guard...

you hit a 14 ... 8 hp left...

BUT if ur next hit is FATED to hit a like 12

YOU WILL ONLY DEAL 8..

Coz his hp too low...

get it?i think i do

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Guest r3dh3adkid

I thank you sir, after playing RS sence its beginning I have never wanted to try making a pure but now after reading your post....i'm inspired...and so I think that i'm going to go make me a pure now.

Thank you!

[EDIT] Would you mind being the first friend to my new pure?

Ok , i think i can help you with teh fact on how ranegd ( and , probbable , magic ) affect combat . use this formula .

STR + ATK - RNG X 1.5 = ? . I.e. 50 STR + 40 ATK - 50 RNg X 1.5 = 90 - 50 X 1.5 = 90 - 75 = 25 . The answer aint in a minus so raneg doesnt affect ur combat . If teh answer woudl be a MINUS , then range woudl affect your combat .

actually i dun think training on monster with low hp ( 22+) is good

Example is:

YOu fight a guard...

you hit a 14 ... 8 hp left...

BUT if ur next hit is FATED to hit a like 12

YOU WILL ONLY DEAL 8..

Coz his hp too low...

get it?i think i do

then what do you suggest is an effective monster with high HP which hits low... :roll:

RSN: Xp3nsiv

Nice guide!

Did u make all u money with merchanting arrows?

and i will start training my str to 70:P

73 ranged FTW!!!!

16 def (For The Lose=/)

another question:

there are no lvl 13 goblins? only lvl 5

Great guide for people beginning to train pures, but I thought of somethings you may want to add.

1.) Elemental wizards are a great way to train melee. Just wear dragon vambs and chaps for this for the magic bonus. You also get elemental runes from the wizards (anywhere from 3-15), so you can also make some cash by selling these. I would also suggest 55+ str on these guys as they sometimes hit hard.

2.) Another great way to train melee, is on scorpions in Karamja. Basically look for a crowded world and start training. Have a little bit of cash on you and once you need food, go to the general store and buy tuna (which many people on Karamja sell), and keep training. If scorpions are too low for you then you may want to try deadly red spiders, or skeletons.

Hope this helps.

Awesome guide, but I would like to share a perfect spot for training an f2p pure. The jail in port Sarim, but not the guys in the cells....Upstairs there are 2 tables and about 7-8 gaurd respawns. I was hitting 2's on them almost everytime at 20 ranged, and you can recover your arrows. I just tried it as i was reading over my post...and mage works good too!

The Fortress guards are great ranged exp. For anyone wanting to get their arrows back, there is actually a safe spot right near the guards

safespot0am.png

dont get mad if this was already suggested, I didn't bother to read most most of the posts.

It's awesome the hobgoblins tip. I went there a few days ago with 3 mage. HALF AN HOUR LATER IT WAS 41!!! :shock: :shock: :o No idea how but this rocks my socks. :mrgreen:

I got from 35 to 57 mage in like 6 hours :shock:

Anyway, nice guide, it's helping me a lot with my pure

Just one question, you said that you could buy bronze arrows for 6 ea, where?

And moss giants are good for training too, but you need to enter in crandor isle and have 42+ cb, rigth clicking to attack is a pain :x

You've inspired me. I've created a pure called Pur3 Tr0ubl3. Though I found training areas that I find are better:

Pur3 Tr0ubl3's Training Areas:

Tutorial Island: Ranged, Magic, Attack and Strength to level 3

Varrock Punching Bags: Attack to level 8

Lumbridge Chickens: Attack and Strength to level 10

Edgeville Man Barn: Attack and Strength to level 20

The rest is the way you do it.

blognov25ll4.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! thanks for taking time to create an awesome guide!

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

You've inspired me. I've created a pure called Pur3 Tr0ubl3. Though I found training areas that I find are better:

Pur3 Tr0ubl3's Training Areas:

Tutorial Island: Ranged, Magic, Attack and Strength to level 3

Varrock Punching Bags: Attack to level 8

Lumbridge Chickens: Attack and Strength to level 10

Edgeville Man Barn: Attack and Strength to level 20

The rest is the way you do it.

Punching bags don't help your hitpoints level though. Chickens for the win.

I am a tree.

lol actually your higher stat makes you hit more ie. a lvl 124 with unbalanced stats will be able to defeat a lvl 126 cause he will hit more. that is in theroy tho. also sekeltons in varroc sewer are good for training mage if you use crumble undead(yes i know its irritating not having auto cast).

edit: that's the reason why balanced people lose fights against unbalanced people with lower stats than them.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it