Hints for a new quest? Rune shards and dust?

StephenT0

I found out something really wierd...

Go get a rune essence... I'm not sure if regular ess works as I found out about this with pure ess. Get a pestle and mortar, then use the ess with the pestle and mortar.

It sais, "The rune essence is too big to grind. You might want to break it up into rune shards first."

I tried using a hammer, flour grinder, chissel (with hammer in inv.), and other things to try to break the ess into shards, but it always said, "Nothing interesting happened."

Could this be something for a new quest in the future? I did a search here on tip.it, and couldn't find anything on rune shards.

Heres a pic of the shards thing.

10zbhjl.jpg

You do break it down in an already made quest, I think garden of traqulity... maybe wrong though Ill look

Atremis, beat me to it ^^

70+ all skills. 17/24 skills 75+

The ground rune essence is used in a quest (garden of tranquility I think) for making a potion and can only be made during that quest.

your right in garden of tranquility break ess with hammer or chisel and use shards with pestral and motar

tyluke.png

Tyluke.png

only 2 skills below level 50 :)

The ground rune essence is used in a quest (garden of tranquility I think) for making a potion and can only be made during that quest.

You can make it afterwards too.

O rly?

Can't remember making rune shards during Garden of Tranquility. :evil:

I remember making shards and dust, but don't remember doing it in Garden of Tranquility. Seems a long time ago I did that quest, but the shards and dust feels quite recent. :?

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Yeah it is in that quest. You have to make a special plant cure potion for the Burthrope Vines.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

okay, here's a wild thought - what if "super" plant cure could fend off disease, the way super antipoison gives immunity from poisoning for a while?

This is pure speculation on my part - and I'm not really even sure how to test it out (and haven't got the time to experiment anyways).

I don't mean to start a rumor, just wondered what you might think of the idea.

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

okay, here's a wild thought - what if "super" plant cure could fend off disease, the way super antipoison gives immunity from poisoning for a while?

This is pure speculation on my part - and I'm not really even sure how to test it out (and haven't got the time to experiment anyways).

I don't mean to start a rumor, just wondered what you might think of the idea.

That's a good idea and not too unbalanced. If it just cured the plant for that growing stage, and then gave it just one more stage of immunity :)

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

It would be so cool if it were true.

But unfortunately I can't think of a way to test it out either. Its not like there is a way to predict when the plant will become diseased for testing purposes. :(

If you dont take steps to ensure that you're protected, you void all right to complain when stuff goes wrong.
Join the petition for a new bank page layout!

grammar2gr8dx.png

the best way to test it is make the potion, plant all 4 alloment patches without compost, no watering, and high alch. Disease should come quickly
Would you treat one diseased patch with regular cure potion, and another with super? Guess there would have to be multiple trials to be certain. Try it and let us know how it goes, willya? :wink:

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.