Tip.It Times Presents: How Official Are You?

oddfaery2

I'd love to an unofficial worlds for Mort'ton, without having to fight to get into world 2.

An unofficial world for the Blast Furnace would presumably also be useful, and possibly Fishing Trawler and Rat Pits.

Heh, as I get most of my firemaking experience there, I've long known World 2 was the place to go there. Otherwise you need to talk a number of friends into going with you.

An "official" alternate world would be welcome, as it can be pretty difficult to get into the one that's right. I've had to make over 50 sacred oils at once at a time just so I wouldn't fight to log into World 2 for a while.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, a good article and nice read.

Also, I don't think Jagex should make worlds 1 and 2 "official" because a lot of people train there because the respawn times are faster in more populated worlds. Unless Jagex made specific worlds dedicated to training, and the respawn rates were always at max. for those worlds... but that's just a stupid idea. I say no official worlds.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

World 16 is air running? :o

Is this recent? I never knew....

If so what next? Mind running or water running? Are there actually many participants in air running because everyone can craft airs... is there really much a point?

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

World 16 is air running?

is there really much a point?

If you're not interested in RCing yourself, you could get, say, 168 airs from your 28 ess instead of a measly 28. (That's from someone on 6x ess.)

RS1600.png

World 16 is air running?

If you're not interested in RCing yourself, you could get, say, 168 airs from your 28 ess instead of a measly 28. (That's from someone on 6x ess.)

Ahh I understand now... thanks for explaining it to me :D

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

A backup trading world (P2P & F2P) is sorely needed, well actually, a complete revamp of the totally inadequate and chaotic trading system is needed, maybe an "auction room" where you could place items and specify a minimum price, with the offer available for a certain time.

Perhaps it was because of the fact that the majority of this article was nothing more than random rambling, but this seems like a very off job. What I see is an introduction to the worlds of runescape, a list of 7 worlds commonly used for team tasks -- with a few key worlds (and uses) missing, and 5 painful paragraphs hilighting the pros and cons of jagex acknowledging said worlds.

I definately don't see a

good article
Good guide
Good article - Great title and such

Having a week to come up with a topic and properly educate yourself in related information, I would've expected better.

Yeah, no offence to the editor but I totally agree. Also, quite a few of the popular 'official' worlds have been missed out. Like the blast furnace world. I found this actually painful to read and the only thing of interest the list itself (which was disappointing to say the least).

I like your idea :D

Only....If they would make(for example) world 2 especcially for trading, it would be full of people in falador, and this is hard to find a particular item you need right?

I'm pretty mad about 78 being the pest control world. It's always been the world I went to because all my friends did the same, and now its almost always too full to get in. How did it get picked as pest control world anyway?

norriie.png

[Click for my blog]

[hide=Drops & Achievements]

Hunter_cape_(t).gif 99 Hunter: 4/30/09 Cooking_cape_(t).gif 99 Cooking: 6/2/2009 Attack_cape_(t).gif 99 Attack: 6/9/10

Dragon Legs x2 | Dragon Skirt x2 | Dragon Med x3 | Dragon Boots x13 | Dragon Shield Left Half x1

Abyssal Whip x2 | Granite Maul x8 | Granite Helm x2 | Granite Legs x1

[/hide]

Who is the editor? :?

My guesses: Albosky, Ks Jeppe, Silverion, Newptor, The Sith, or Lightning. I know they're Tip.it crew, and haven't yet wrote an article (under their name).

And the article was a little short, but what was good about it was that it pointed out the official worlds for things, so people know :P !

18/22 skills at or better than 60.

1300+ skill total.

Barrows:Torag's Helm x2, Guthan's Helm, Guthan's Warspear, Dharok's Greataxe, died to dharok, Guthan's Platebody, Ahrim's Hood. All in a total of 104 runs.

I'm offical! And so are all of my friends

World 36 is VA's (Virginia, Usa) Official world, my friend Rey, Twiggy, Josh, Sal, Bruer :D Official world 8-)

really i thought it was word 33 VAVAVA or is that a member world.

StarViv.png

Well, up 'til today, I never knew there was an air running world, but it's a great source of money, I'll tell you that much.

Especially if you have secondary characters that you started just for the heck of it that are broken-down poor.

RSN: Sorrow A

I'd put stats here but nobody cares.

I would finish this signature but nobody ca

Omg, I used World 78 all the time and then one day I just noticed that it was always full unlike the other St. Louis Worlds. So THAT'S why. lol. I'm so stupid. I should've actually looked at that message on the forum. :x

apexwind.png

I usually pick a random world from either:

Atlanta

Stockholm

Toronto

Sydney

These are usually less laggy for me. Secondly I'll try and pick the one with the fewest members, because when I play RS, I'm pretty independant, and like to train alone away from the hustle and bustle of busier spots.

So in conclusion, I'm not very official. If I'm bored I might go to World 9 and see if I can find any Tipiters lurking.

~Ian

newsig4ty.jpg

Retired Tip It Moderator | Zybez Radio DJ - Listen Here

Somehow Guides and Walkthroughs had also made 'official' some worlds too.

Like World 2 for Flamtaer Temple building for Mort'ton Shades quest or crafting. It has become almost impossible to go there to get the quest done unless in world 2 recommended by the quest guide.

In such cases it would be better to recommend several worlds like 2, 22 and 4, 44 for instance.

And for Nats running... Laws Co in world 66 branched a Nat crafting co in the same world.

There's also a world for spanish speaking people, as one friend told me, im not sure if it's 18 or 28 tho.

A MMORPG is like a virtual world... of proud people for having a pixelated armour that costed them arround three years of their life.

player interaction is what makes the runescape world... come to life

World 16 is air running?

i wouldn't recommend doing that though, everyone there would kill you

you can either

1.) pay the runner 150 airs (i think)

2.) pay the runner 2k (i think)

and i only use official worlds when i'm running airs for peope (good cash there)

other than that, i clicky the big button at the top of the page =)

tipitlessersigea3.png

it would be nice to have worlds just for one thing so worlds like world 2 wouldnt be trading, dueling, cw, pits, pking, shade burning, pest control and anything else i forgot instead of just trading

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

official worlds vs home worlds...

if we had official worlds (which by the way i can see the point in and sometimes i wish there were "official" worlds) then wouldnt the more popular skill worlds get swamped? imagine an "official" woodcutting world...macro heaven :evil: . that wouldnt be good.

a lot of people me included flock to worlds which me and my friends refer to as joker worlds where it seems everyone you meet is friendly and just online to enjoy themselves. world 111 is the official joker world in that case...closely followed by world 83 lol. however this leads me neatly onto home worlds...a world where you feel at home. whether because the server has the same name as your country or because you think the other players are jokes or just because its quiet allowing lots of training on monsters or something that world becomes your home world the first world you log on to.

there are some players who dont care what world they log on to as its all the same to them so in order to have official worlds i think jagex would have to specificly name them or have a guide. otherwise random loggers would clog them up having nothing to do with what that world is designed for...saying that though each world is still a full world and by using a small part of it wouldnt that waste the rest? lol i tend to get sidetracked...

back to what i was saying...if the "official" worlds became "official" then i would say its a good thing but people may go off certain skills if they cant get on the "official" world and some people will probably get lamed for having low lvls on an "official" world and you will get those people who think they own that world for having higher lvls...oh well just like all the other worlds then lol.

weednbkdq9copyhz4.jpg

Empire Mind:Nbk killed your clan.

NATURAL BORN KILLERS

JUST LIKE THAT