Comparison between chapel and ectofunctus

icepak

How do you guys feel about speed of training with the chapel and ectoing (assuming you have at least 73 construction).

I'll hit 73 tonight or tomorrow, and just wondering if any of you already started chapeling instead of ectoing

Note that you also have to have the highest burners in order to do so.

KwimSigFinal-1.png?t=1304744327

Combat 116+; Total 1900+; All Hard Tasks; (Nearly) All quest points; (Nearly) All skills 60+; An aquatic moose ninja.

Currently: Using 63 hunter to get some of those "Chins", then I'm going to range stuff down. Interruptions of agility when I feel like it, as well.

And lucky enough to get 4 Dragon and 6 Barrow Drops.

[hide]Kwimbob now looks exactly like me in real life except for hair color. Yes, this means I look exactly like the protagonist of that certain anime that my second character, Faye_V is also named after. Yes, I bought a jacket that also looks like his. No in real life I don't have a slain bear to sling over my shoulders. Yes, I'm that skinny even if I no-life it for years in basements. No, I can't shoot a gun. Yes, I can win any other strategic video game you have never played - because I probably have, ahahaha. And yes, I also have brown eyes, yet one of my eyes looks different from the other. And yes, I'm completely oblivious to the [real] world around me as I constantly engineer new solutions to daily problems in my head. When I get hungry, all that isn't food can wait. When I'm sleepy - nothing is of any priority in front of sleep. But at any other time, I never slow down. Never give up. Never Surrender. Makes for a good life.

[hide]YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

- See You, Space Cowboy.[/hide][/hide]

describe "chapeling please ... how does it compare to ectoing?
Highest alter and burners give 3.5x exp to prayer. You could take noted bones and get demon butler to unnote. Very fast prayer exp.

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Note that you also have to have the highest burners in order to do so.

Quite true, however tha level to build the best burners is less than the guilded alter, so if you have that there should be no problem to get the burners.

In my opinion, if you have these then there is no comparison. You don't have to rune around to get slime, or grind the bones. And you can carry more bones per load, which makes for insanly fast exp. The only problem is you need something like 75 constrution to do this.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Maybe faster xp, but ectoing is still better xp. I'm currently working (grinding) my prayer up from 66 to 80 and I already got the bones and I did some calculations today.

You have 5k d bones. Ectoing them gives you 5k x 288xp which is 1.44m xp.

With the gilded altar you get 350% of the experience.

So 3.5 x 72.5 is 253,75xp per bone and with 5k bones it's 1.27m xp (1 268 750xp)

So you would end up losing 171k xp... But I know some are willing to pay for some extra d bones for the faster xp. I've already wasted enough getting 60 cons so nty. :P

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

Highest alter and burners give 3.5x exp to prayer. You could take noted bones and get demon butler to unnote. Very fast prayer exp.

Servants won't unnote bones.

But, you can use a permanent glory in your skill room, tele to edge, bank, tele to house.

But, you can use a permanent glory in your skill room, tele to edge, bank, tele to house.

Never thought of that, nice idea beanso.

Stolen from Axe Man Jack. :?

Stolen from Axe Man Jack. :?

0.o, oops? nice idea Axe Man. I probably read the post of his saying it but forgot it somehow -.-. Jagex didn't receive my money for membership yet =(

Maybe faster xp, but ectoing is still better xp. I'm currently working (grinding) my prayer up from 66 to 80 and I already got the bones and I did some calculations today.

You have 5k d bones. Ectoing them gives you 5k x 288xp which is 1.44m xp.

With the gilded altar you get 350% of the experience.

So 3.5 x 72.5 is 253,75xp per bone and with 5k bones it's 1.27m xp (1 268 750xp)

So you would end up losing 171k xp... But I know some are willing to pay for some extra d bones for the faster xp. I've already wasted enough getting 60 cons so nty. :P

Not better, just cheaper...

you have to collect buckets of slime and grind the bones. which takes forever

with construction, you have to spend time/money on the skill, but after that you just lock ur butler in ur chapel, and have him go get bones for you...only bad thing is you need to pay him..

w4M8t.png

Aren't 72 construction and good tea enough for the best altar? :?

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

How do you get +3 construction from 72 to make the level 75 altar? I thought the tea only give +2? unless there is something else that does better..

and why stock up on marrentils?

Level 72 is needed for the Gilded Altar when you drink some home-made tea. The tea raises 3 levels, not 2.

Also, for those of you who insist on believing the manual on Runescape, don't. It doesn't give 350% exp, because Dragon Bones don't give 266 exp, they give 252 exp. Trust me...I offered 1.6k of them today at my altar.

However...I got 405k exp in prayer today. Went from 75 to 78 in around 3 hours. You be the judge of whether or not it's worth it.

My opinion? Hell yes.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

The question still needs to be answered: How effective is it to use another person's altar?

Hmm, Yanille is a good location. Run to bank, get 2 marren, bones, run back, type in name, go and pray (light incense first).

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

hehe well i qutie like the idea, i can stand alchying next to alter and charge ppl to use it :P i have alrdy got ppl willing to pay for resourses to build the best burner so they can use (it costs roughly 2m to construct best alter plus full burners i believe). i wud say that it wud be possiable to run bones on your own and still do like 1k an hr but if ppl considered getting a runner it wud be even quicker :P easier xp for lazy high lvls :lol:

I apologize for another thread where I chastised somone for saying the butler wouldnt un-note bones. I was wrong and I admit it.

Freshwacka, I wouldn't say someone stole my idea of having a quest hall with a glory off of the chapel. It's common sense and great minds think alike! I just think its a great idea for cheaply doing it on your own.

I think my layout makes an efficient use of the alter and skill hall concept, while also leaving your house efficiently laid out for other things.

amjhl.jpg

I intend to chapel my way to 99 off dragons I kill, long term goal of course.

My chapel will be open in yanille within a week, but Im first trying ot get an abyssal head to complete my first of 3 skill halls :evil:

sigtsg99rscaz7.png

The Slayers Guild a Slayer Clan led by Axe Man Jack

Proud to have written the most plagiarized Slayer guide on the planet.