Durial's interview gives 'scapers a bad rap

Nazgul740

What some people have seemed to ignore during this whole thing is how the "Fally Massacre :roll: " is such a small event. What about all of the scammers and lurers that get away with just as much damage to someones bank? I'd have much rather been killed by Durial and lose my green partyhat than lose it to some low-life scammer.

I agree to the purpose of this topic, that being how the interviewer and Durial are full of .... But I also find this event funny because how it has uselessly been blown out of proportion. I think if people spent as much time as they are now on Durial on something with more of a cause (like the low-life scammers/lurers I mentioned before) something might actually change. Durial already got his cumupence, let's drop it and move on.

Slack_Tide.png

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who actually agrees with what this guy did is a moron. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.

If I would've encountered such a bug. Yeah... I would've attacked one person, but thats it. And I wouldn't have killed them either, I would have stopped after one hit and then reported the bug. Why? Because that would have been the right thing to do. Not what this guy did.

And had I of killed someone via this bug... I wouldn't of even thought about keeping the item. Infact I would have given the person their item back, and probably apologized to them for testing a bug on them.

Tip.it is really no better. I feel tip.it staff is being some what hypocritical about the entire situation. They don't want people posting about bug abuse and naming names... yet this just so happens to be an exception??? Come on tip.it... If you're gonna make rules... at LEAST stick with them. Promoting bug abuse even if you don't support it is just as bad. How can you publish such content on your own damn website and forums when it is immoral and against the rules. Hypocrites I tell ya...

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

It was just a glitch in the game, and if you are seriously angry at him and outraged you need to get out more. I thought personally it was great, and it was legendary. So he didn't report a critical bug? ITS A GAME GUYS!

sabst3r.png

What I am about to say is probably going to seem morally wrong to most of you but... I'm glad Durial abused this glitch. Taking more rares out of the game + getting banned = increasing rare item prices. And I'm all for inflating rare item prices. I can't say that him getting his account locked isn't unexpected, but this is just something I am personally glad about..

Yes, go ahead and call me cruel and selfish if you must. :roll:

dameatau-sig.jpg

meh tomato i would think it was funny too... but people lost items they had to work hard for... :?

Exactly, and that loser of an interviewer would NOT think the same if durial had killed him.

...and those people who are praising him for what he did would not be doing so if they were killed by him.

meh tomato i would think it was funny too... but people lost items they had to work hard for... :?

Exactly, and that loser of an interviewer would NOT think the same if durial had killed him.

...and those people who are praising him for what he did would not be doing so if they were killed by him.

Well if they were killed by him when they had something valuable, there would be no praising. But let's say they were killed and had nothing, I don't think they'd be that mad.

But people still shouldn't praise him for abusing a bug. Also I love how the TheRat believes an average, no, well mannered teen has this urge to kill and go on killing sprees attacking defenseless people. Me being an average teen, I'm pretty sure I haven't had killing urges. Not even in Runescape. :?

61784167.jpg

btw durial does use tip.it.

go to the graveyard and he actually has a pk vid up that was made before the "massacre"

dont post false information before making sure..

yeah lol, i was actually watching durial s pking video right around the time the rampage was going on and I didnt even know it

Free Durial!!!!!

What I am about to say is probably going to seem morally wrong to most of you but... I'm glad Durial abused this glitch. Taking more rares out of the game + getting banned = increasing rare item prices. And I'm all for inflating rare item prices. I can't say that him getting his account locked isn't unexpected, but this is just something I am personally glad about..

Yes, go ahead and call me cruel and selfish if you must. :roll:

I'm also glad. It's one step closer to party hats and other rares dissapearing from the game entirely. Which is somthing I definatly welcome. I just don't think its fair that the people who bought them at low prices or got them from the drop are now extremely rich due to inflation. It will continue, until finally it ends. Then no more 'AFC' moneymaking. :roll: ... yeah, you have to put your [wagon] to the grind stone like the rest of us.

i am one of the (and proud) supporters of Durial

you can denie it all u want but u know u would have done the same

when i heard about the glitch on forums i came running to see that mod mark m was there

did durial take advantage of glitch yes

is it completely his fault...no of course not

they didnt shut down server or anything

if u saw the video you see mods yelling "bank you valubles"

not telling him to stop...wtf is up with that?

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

how would telling him to stop help? im pretty sure they would want everyone to keep their items safe so jagex doesnt get 1 million and 1 complaints about losing items and closing the server as to that most people dont log out before the server closes so they lag and get killed and blah blah blah

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Link to issue- http://tip.it/runescape/?page=durial321 ... ew.htm#rat

I read over the artical and i have to say i don't really agree with the interviewer (the rat)

The rat basically strokes durial's ego throughly the interview... meh thats fine with me get the story do what needs to be done bring teh news to the masses... Sometimes it is probably necessary.

What i don't like is this

The Rat: But honestly man...You really have made gaming history, You know that right?

Actually he hasn't i for one will be quite happy to forget durial and his ill themed rampage. He didn't make anything but hell for honest players who were unable to defend themselves... Saying that he made history is wrong if anything history should forget him... In years past will i say i remember durial's infamous rampage through falador? yeah right :roll:

[The falador massacre, congrats man Smile

um hello thats like saying good job to Saddam hussien (spelled wrong i know :roll: )

Why would you say congrats to this type of person... he obviously has no feeling for other people and no conscience whatsoever... Did he take the time to earn a phat... apparently he did as it says in the interview... does the guy not respect the work others have done for their items?? Why the heck is the reporter congratulating him?!

Durial- my account is locked on RS

The rat - I know looked on your clan site..Sad

What part of this is sad... please tell me i can't understand it... am i ignorant or just confused...

The rat - I bet it does Smile And for what its worth ... I hope RS see's sence and doesn't bann you..

Honestly tip.it is that the kind of sentiment you want displayed on your site... the guy went on a destructive rampage and obliterated many peoples savings. Why for selfish desire and greed...... what a loser

still it is said that he wasn't related to tip.it in anyway thats good :lol:

^^

EDIT - sorry i read the stuff above the interview wrong my bad :? It says that the views held by the interviewer and Duriel aren't related to tip.it blah blah blah not that duriel isn't related in anyway way my bad :shock:

The rat - God knows anyone with a taste for pking put in your position would've done the exact same thing.

Stop the dam tape... STOP THE FRIGGING TAPE!!!

What the hell did he just say... i know i must have read wrong cause he sure as hell better not be dissing me (pking is my passion which i like to lose allot of money to) Did i read that right?? did he just say that any average player would have gone and done the same thing... BULL CRACKERS get a life The rat you obviously don't play runescape much there are plenty of people who would NOT EVER DO SUCH A THING AND TO EVEN SUGGEST THAT PKERS WOULD! You obviously don't pk much and haven't the faintest idea about what pkers would or would not do...

The rat - Of course, although you did what any person in your shoes would have.

No he didn't....

---

Mister rat even in the closing statements you still say he shouldn't be banned... you say that he had done what an average player would have done in his shoes... i disagree Vehemently and with my whole heart...

He would have happily given back the items... um scuz me why was he killing dem in de first place?

He forced half the jagex team out of their beds and back to work to correct the messed up damage he had done...

And more importantly then that he made people lose items they will never get back... Ever... these items are now out of the game since durial's account should and will be banned (good riddance i don't want to see you again) No one will get their stuff back... RS home page released a statement saying they would NOT be doing one... tough break kid you made quite a few people miserable for an hour of crazy power hungry fulfillment. congrats enjoy your perm ban plz :roll:

Now i have been rather harsh on this young man... I realize that but he has to atone for the pain he must have caused other player... there is no discribeing how these players must has felt betrayed when this happened. by jagex and by one power hungry maniac with a desire for more...

----

Thank goodness that tip.it doesn't support the interviewer

Ok thats my take if you don't agree lets keep the flameing down to debate tone please? I know you might not agree with me but that doesn't mean we can't disagree like grown people and not stoop to random name calling and cursing. Thank you for your time in reading this and i await your opinion

there's not a word of your commenting in there which I disagree with. I feel the bloody same way you do and am rather offended by The Rat's siding with Durial. He shouldn't be promoting bad gameplay in a public announcement

Head Coach of the G!X Black Scrim Team 2007

---Wolfenstein Enemy Territory Internationals---

i am one of the (and proud) supporters of Durial

you can denie it all u want but u know u would have done the same

when i heard about the glitch on forums i came running to see that mod mark m was there

did durial take advantage of glitch yes

is it completely his fault...no of course not

they didnt shut down server or anything

if u saw the video you see mods yelling "bank you valubles"

not telling him to stop...* is up with that?

No, I can deny that I would have done the same as Durial, and I'm sure lots of people can say that, too.

Is it his fault? Yes. He abused a bug, and he didn't report it. If it wasn't his fault, this would not have happened.

Would you think Durial would have listened to mods when he was at his "finest moment?" :roll:

228/228 Qp

honestly, i doubt most of you guys nobility.

if that many people had so much character in the game, than half the people i encounter every day wouldnt be total jerks and selfish people that will do anything to further themselves.

you all act like what he did was totally absurd, but i honestly doubt most of you would have the guts to stand up for what is right and not use it to your advantage. what if someone near you was training and went to the bathroom or got poisioned from a random event and couldnt get away in time and died? what if they dropped a party hat? would you return it then? most likely, no. your mind would rationalize and you will tell yourself "oh they were away from the computer when they should have been paying attention. i deserve this." the same thing happened to him. he found out an advantage and thought only of himself.

in no way am i honoring or idolizing him, but i believe many of you are acting far angrier than you should. take a look at his side. but knowing this crowd, they will only read the first few sentences and i will e flamed to no end.

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

'Actually he hasn't i for one will be quite happy to forget durial and his ill themed rampage'

Haha you realise your making him more well known and therefore not forgetting his 'ill themed rampage'

And theres a reason the interviewer calls himself 'The Rat'. He doesn't have the same views as others. Lol, your complaining to a person you dont know.

And what do you think you would do when you found out you could attack ANYONE?

Surely anyone in that situation would have the most fun of there life :)

I would consider myself a honest player but seriously I couldn't let up that opportunity.

Sure, he deserves to be banned for what he has done but he doesn't deserve to be scorned and flamed to death.

honestly, i doubt most of you guys nobility.

if that many people had so much character in the game, than half the people i encounter every day wouldnt be total jerks and selfish people that will do anything to further themselves.

you all act like what he did was totally absurd, but i honestly doubt most of you would have the guts to stand up for what is right and not use it to your advantage. what if someone near you was training and went to the bathroom or got poisioned from a random event and couldnt get away in time and died? what if they dropped a party hat? would you return it then? most likely, no. your mind would rationalize and you will tell yourself "oh they were away from the computer when they should have been paying attention. i deserve this." the same thing happened to him. he found out an advantage and thought only of himself.

in no way am i honoring or idolizing him, but i believe many of you are acting far angrier than you should. take a look at his side. but knowing this crowd, they will only read the first few sentences and i will e flamed to no end.

Only a very small percentage of all Runescape players posted on this thread, but you're right. A lot of the players are very selfish.

Your examples aren't exactly the same. If someone died to a random event, you didn't kill the person. You could not have done anything to prevent the person's death. In Durial's case, he made the choice to kill people. He could have prevented those deaths, but he didn't.

228/228 Qp

he thinks durial will be forgot.....yah right...

just because the old nite died do u think everyone will forget him

just becasue zezima isnt number 1 anymore do u think everyone will forgot his rule

just becasue durial321 acount is locked he will be forgot

and he isnt banned so there is still hope for all of you supporters

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

he thinks durial will be forgot.....yah right...

just because the old nite died do u think everyone will forget him

just becasue zezima isnt number 1 anymore do u think everyone will forgot his rule

just becasue durial321 acount is locked he will be forgot

and he isnt banned so there is still hope for all of you supporters

Hate to burst your bubble, but Durial's banned now.

228/228 Qp

Rofl reading over some of these replies makes me laugh. Stop fishing for pmod status and say what you really think tools.

who said we were trying to be a pmod. of coursw my goal is to become one but still doing is just disrespect against your fellow players :evil:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

He did make gaming history. He's the first player in 2006 to ever PK anyone outside of the Wilderness.

He would be upset that his account was locked, irrespective of what he did wrong. (Why do you think you see all of these 'Banned for no reason' threads on the boards anyway?)

I don't know The Rat's stance on this situation, nor do I know their relationship with Durial, nor do I wish to. Maybe they were trying to cheer The Rat up; maybe it was filler. I don't want to debate over little stuff like that; what was said was said.

PKers are always looking for an advantage. Some of them wouldn't PK outside of wild. Some.

If you realise that he has to atone for his actions, why are you adding another mountain of hatred and guilt on top of that? What's done is done. Rares can be re-earned. Items can be reobtained. Nothing was seriously wounded aside from pixels, maybe a few egos, but that's about it. Durial earned a ban, and that's more than enough justice for me.

You didn't need to go and yell at the poor guy. He's been yelled at plenty.

One more thing: I don't see how this gives ALL players of RuneScape a 'bad rap'. One player, maybe; an entire gaming community...That's both ludicrous and prejudice.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Rofl reading over some of these replies makes me laugh. Stop fishing for pmod status and say what you really think tools.

And we're fishing for it on a FANSITE :roll:

228/228 Qp