Durial's interview gives 'scapers a bad rap

Nazgul740

Link to issue- http://tip.it/runescape/?page=durial321 ... ew.htm#rat

I read over the artical and i have to say i don't really agree with the interviewer (the rat)

The rat basically strokes durial's ego throughly the interview... meh thats fine with me get the story do what needs to be done bring teh news to the masses... Sometimes it is probably necessary.

What i don't like is this

The Rat: But honestly man...You really have made gaming history, You know that right?

Actually he hasn't i for one will be quite happy to forget durial and his ill themed rampage. He didn't make anything but hell for honest players who were unable to defend themselves... Saying that he made history is wrong if anything history should forget him... In years past will i say i remember durial's infamous rampage through falador? yeah right :roll:

[The falador massacre, congrats man Smile

um hello thats like saying good job to Saddam hussien (spelled wrong i know :roll: )

Why would you say congrats to this type of person... he obviously has no feeling for other people and no conscience whatsoever... Did he take the time to earn a phat... apparently he did as it says in the interview... does the guy not respect the work others have done for their items?? Why the heck is the reporter congratulating him?!

Durial- my account is locked on RS

The rat - I know looked on your clan site..Sad

What part of this is sad... please tell me i can't understand it... am i ignorant or just confused...

The rat - I bet it does Smile And for what its worth ... I hope RS see's sence and doesn't bann you..

Honestly tip.it is that the kind of sentiment you want displayed on your site... the guy went on a destructive rampage and obliterated many peoples savings. Why for selfish desire and greed...... what a loser

still it is said that he wasn't related to tip.it in anyway thats good :lol:

^^

EDIT - sorry i read the stuff above the interview wrong my bad :? It says that the views held by the interviewer and Duriel aren't related to tip.it blah blah blah not that duriel isn't related in anyway way my bad :shock:

The rat - God knows anyone with a taste for pking put in your position would've done the exact same thing.

Stop the dam tape... STOP THE FRIGGING TAPE!!!

What the hell did he just say... i know i must have read wrong cause he sure as hell better not be dissing me (pking is my passion which i like to lose allot of money to) Did i read that right?? did he just say that any average player would have gone and done the same thing... BULL CRACKERS get a life The rat you obviously don't play runescape much there are plenty of people who would NOT EVER DO SUCH A THING AND TO EVEN SUGGEST THAT PKERS WOULD! You obviously don't pk much and haven't the faintest idea about what pkers would or would not do...

The rat - Of course, although you did what any person in your shoes would have.

No he didn't....

---

Mister rat even in the closing statements you still say he shouldn't be banned... you say that he had done what an average player would have done in his shoes... i disagree Vehemently and with my whole heart...

He would have happily given back the items... um scuz me why was he killing dem in de first place?

He forced half the jagex team out of their beds and back to work to correct the messed up damage he had done...

And more importantly then that he made people lose items they will never get back... Ever... these items are now out of the game since durial's account should and will be banned (good riddance i don't want to see you again) No one will get their stuff back... RS home page released a statement saying they would NOT be doing one... tough break kid you made quite a few people miserable for an hour of crazy power hungry fulfillment. congrats enjoy your perm ban plz :roll:

Now i have been rather harsh on this young man... I realize that but he has to atone for the pain he must have caused other player... there is no discribeing how these players must has felt betrayed when this happened. by jagex and by one power hungry maniac with a desire for more...

----

Thank goodness that tip.it doesn't support the interviewer

Ok thats my take if you don't agree lets keep the flameing down to debate tone please? I know you might not agree with me but that doesn't mean we can't disagree like grown people and not stoop to random name calling and cursing. Thank you for your time in reading this and i await your opinion

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagreed with the invterveiwer from the start.

Durial is fulla crap

"i would give the items back"

"it was fun being god for an hour"

The interveiwer hasn't the faintest clue what Durial has done....

"you have made gaming history, you know that right?"

"Sad...."

"anyone with a taste for pking put in your postion would've done the same thing"

"any person in your shoes would have" (I'm pretty sure AnyPerson-MeAndLotsOfHonestPlayers=NOT AnyPerson....)"

Durial diserves his ban, and I sure hope he doesn't go down in any sort of Runescape history.

:roll:

I hate to admit it but...I thought the entire glitch, interview, and situation is completely hilarious. :lol:

Amen, I thought it was kind of funny..I saw this then started crackin up :D

Then again, I didn't get killed and I didn't lose my Yellow party hat or Santa hat or whatever

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Well sure, I'd kill maybe a few level 40 noobs just for the fun of it, and them screaming "omg@1 has haxxing me!!11!!1!". How is it any enjoyment when you're taking away someones years of work, and them just falling to the ground there. You probably would have just ruined a good portion of their life. So if it was really for fun, shouldn't he have just sticked to the people who actually didn't have anything to drop?

oversized.jpg[/bads]

the chance of that happening is the same chance of winning the lottery. It's a once in a lifetime chance, and many people wouldnt pass that up

Not sure how he won the lottery.

Everything he gained in that hour or so is gone.

Also, all the time he spent to acheive all those stats were wasted.

He just wasted his time and others for nothing.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

btw durial does use tip.it.

go to the graveyard and he actually has a pk vid up that was made before the "massacre"

dont post false information before making sure..

egads really meh better edit that thanks for the heads up i never had seen his name before

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Thanks to the writer I appreciated reading something written by someone of actual intelligence. Durial's actions where that of a 4 year olds. It would have been funny if he hadn't taken it as far as he did.

barrowsmstrcape,Mexican5.0.gif

He just abused a critical bug instead of reporting it and had his fifteen minute of fame and kids are idolizing him for some time. Hopefully he will be perm banned. I'm not so after pking, but even if I was it wouldn't be my first though to start slaying other players in same situation. This interview should be removed.

Rsn: Onauric Combat: 136 Total: 2150+

All quests done since: 3rd December 2005

The interviewer HAS to empathize with the person he is interviewing in order to get the most information. If he had just insulted Durial or had appeared completely apathetic, he wouldn't have gotten much information out of him.

You have to appease people's sense of pride. You can get a lot of information by doing so, that's how real life scammers make a living...

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

sorry but i have to disagree with this whole post. a pker, a player killer, someone that kills players and gets items. most pking, not that profitable, and you can maybe make some cash on the side, for the most part - you waste money and its just for enjoyment.

most that say "a durr i would have stood there and logged out and then sucked on jagex's toes and not abuse it because im a good person" are probobly just jealous that it didnt happen to them.

here you have a known pker, high combat, decent skills, can barrage and probobly has money to burn. instead of going to the wild to see n33bs all over the place with teles and food and nothing to gain, you can just go and kill an alcher, get millions, kill a person with party hat woo free 200m or maybe just unload on the many low levels that sit around and make prices for everything go sky high. Maybe just looking to spice things up. you say people wouldnt remember him? yeah right of course they will. not his name perhaps, but they will remember the incident, which will call for a search, and wouldnt you know it, they'd find a couple posts on it thanks to you, with his name. bingo remembered.

I have been playing this game on and off for about 5 years, and i have seen most everything that has come up, from seeing "moderator" in the black hole and being killed for asking about autominers on the official forums 5 years ago, from the knife and beer bugs, to p-hat dupe, from the early 2002 beta test, and i have had my ups and downs, ive never had over 40m, and im still low level compared to most. people remember things.

honestly, i wouldnt throw away my char for an hour of enjoyment. but if i did have the ability i would probobly go single people out, kill them, and run. if he did anything it made prices go higher. and so what? you think they wont go higher anyway? its a game. people play to have fun. this was his fun. leave him alone? who even really gives a care? and why even read about it? go learn something.

Atomic_Boss.png

sorry but i have to disagree with this whole post. a pker, a player killer, someone that kills players and gets items. most pking, not that profitable, and you can maybe make some cash on the side, for the most part - you waste money and its just for enjoyment.

you accept that risk when you inter the wildy...

and for the rest... yes he will be rememberd but he should be... shouldn't be ldolized should be praised AND DEFINANTLY SHOULD be banned

gon i understand but he sounds as if he likes the guy... serious how could you?

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

Link to issue-

The Rat: But honestly man...You really have made gaming history, You know that right?

Actually he hasn't i for one will be quite happy to forget durial and his ill themed rampage. He didn't make anything but hell for honest players who were unable to defend themselves... Saying that he made history is wrong if anything history should forget him... In years past will i say i remember durial's infamous rampage through falador? yeah right :roll:

thanks like saying people should forget about the nazis :roll:

sounds like your jealous you didnt get to experience this.

And im sure your such the honest person that wouldnt ever kill one person

Link to issue-

thanks like saying people should forget about the nazis :roll:

sounds like your jealous you didnt get to experience this.

And im sure your such the honest person that wouldnt ever kill one person

Don't compare him to a Nazi. Nazi's did terrible things. This guy idiotically ran around runescape killing people probably screeching and snorting and laughing like a 9 year old girl. He didn't do anything on any level comparible to a Nazi. Yes he ruined hours of players time, yes if he is remembered it should be as a terrible player, but what he did shouldn't be remembered because he doesn't deserve it to be remembered. He deserves for his name to fade away and for people to forget about him. There's no need to idolize his name like he did somethign important or legend-worthy. He happened to abuse a nasty bug, but that doesn't make him special. It makes him like half of the players of this game nowadays - acting before they think.

The interviewer HAS to empathize with the person he is interviewing in order to get the most information. If he had just insulted Durial or had appeared completely apathetic, he wouldn't have gotten much information out of him.

You have to appease people's sense of pride. You can get a lot of information by doing so, that's how real life scammers make a living...

In some cases, yes, to get more information out of someone. But this guy just flat out idolized him. He did it entirely unobjectively and unproffesionally. He mixed his opinions of him in an interview, and any journalist knows as a reporter you just don't do that. People are supposed to read objective questions, not slanted questions. Do you ever see on TV republicans interviewing republicans? No, because you don't get real TV that way. Bad example, but my point is that you can't really even call this an interview. It sounds like some kid talking to some extra he saw in a movie who he thinks is really famous and idolizes him for no reason. I like that analogy better. :P

i want you to do something for me, take 5 mins and go to the official RS forums. great your there! now go to the RANTS forums. Ta-Da! first topic stickied, world 111 glitch, from guess who?! yes Paul! co-creator and brother to the creator. and i beleive he says that he was banned. and great for him? i mean he knew what he did, and what did he expect? thats why his friend "stole his green hat" and probobly all of his items, because he had no use for them.

Atomic_Boss.png

I find this whole thing hillarious, just the thought of some1 being able to attack whoever, lmao.

I'd like to congradulate him on doing this, he did something that most players wouldn't because of the fear of getting banned. I would've done the same thing if i was in his shoes, i wouldnt' care if i got banned or not, i would've done it just to go down with a bang. If i get banned, i really wouldn't care, i've always played this game for fun, not items or w/e. So Sir, i tip my hat to you if you are reading this, although i do agree you should get banned.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race