Durial's interview gives 'scapers a bad rap

Nazgul740

To me, Tip.it made a big mistake in deciding to publish such a fawning interview with a complete idiot (both the interviewer and the interviewee)

Hey, don't you know that intelligence is subjective to one's perspective?

kno how in the interveiw it says he likes pkin well he wasn't pkin

let me define it.

PKing: short for Player Killing. Happens in the WILDERNESS between 2 or more players.

Wot Durial did was different from pkin other players couldn't fite bak makin this a massacre. Hope he enjoyin his 1+ hour of fun it was his last

Uh, you've never seen a pre-Wilderness RuneScape?

If giving you ability to judge by yourself and giving you acces to information relevant for this is wrong then we are guilty.

Silverion is absolutely right. [i believe that] all the staff wanted to do was dispel some of the rumours and clear up the confusion on the topic. However, no one has given you the right to pass judgement on a closed case.

I think this interneiw should be scrapped coz it gives alot of ppl a bad name

Speak for yourself. You cannot pin me with the group that would go on a killing spree.

yes the interviewer is fawning over the convicted abuser!

GAH! lol in understand tip.it's view with wanting the information out but i am sure that we could get a better interview then the one posted! still he did get the fact in the end... but the interviewer subjects his opinions through the interview Very unproffisianly biasing the whole interview

It would make any new player think that the bug abuse is something people do all the time and that there is nothign wrong with it NOT TRUE

(gah can't spell today)

Maybe they were friends. Maybe they were close. Maybe they knew each other. You can't blame anyone for that. And the professional thingâââ‰â¬

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did make gaming history. He's the first player in 2006 to ever PK anyone outside of the Wilderness.

He would be upset that his account was locked, irrespective of what he did wrong. (Why do you think you see all of these 'Banned for no reason' threads on the boards anyway?)

I don't know The Rat's stance on this situation, nor do I know their relationship with Durial, nor do I wish to. Maybe they were trying to cheer The Rat up; maybe it was filler. I don't want to debate over little stuff like that; what was said was said.

PKers are always looking for an advantage. Some of them wouldn't PK outside of wild. Some.

If you realise that he has to atone for his actions, why are you adding another mountain of hatred and guilt on top of that? What's done is done. Rares can be re-earned. Items can be reobtained. Nothing was seriously wounded aside from pixels, maybe a few egos, but that's about it. Durial earned a ban, and that's more than enough justice for me.

You didn't need to go and yell at the poor guy. He's been yelled at plenty.

One more thing: I don't see how this gives ALL players of RuneScape a 'bad rap'. One player, maybe; an entire gaming community...That's both ludicrous and prejudice.

h8 to burst ur bubble but i discovered this after i got kicked out of a house while in fencing ring. hit a player once wiv wind strike (didn't want to do big damage otherwise um1 would notice) and gave up. so technically only "history" he made was a huge wimpo massacre

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

h8 to burst ur bubble but i discovered this after i got kicked out of a house while in fencing ring. hit a player once wiv wind strike (didn't want to do big damage otherwise um1 would notice) and gave up. so technically only "history" he made was a huge wimpo massacre

That's all that he needed to do, really.

Besides, the largest massacres have always plagued historian books since the Pyramids...

[i'm still waiting for the bubble to burst, by the by.]

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg

A. no one ment for it to go as big as it did

Why then do they say time and time again throughout the interview that duriel was makeing history...

B. You say you support jagex in their decision BUT then you say uou don't mind the interview where the The rat says (i think it is 3x not sure) that he shouldn't be banned...

C. this is more about the artical even being on tip.it other then duriel's banning... Though i have said that duriel should be banned

D. you say the interview is entitled to his opinion I am intitled to my critizime (meh can't spell i know) of his fawning... And as stated i don't belive such a biased interview should be on tip.it!!!

E. the matter is NOT RESOLVED! Tip.it posted a biased artical on thier main site in which the interviewer basically says that a rule breaker abused a bug and killed other players without mercy stealing their items DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE BANNED....

tada... :pokes bubble with stick: "pop"

jfkmk3.jpg

New sigzor^^

the chance of that happening is the same chance of winning the lottery. It's a once in a lifetime chance, and many people wouldnt pass that up

Not sure how he won the lottery.

Everything he gained in that hour or so is gone.

Also, all the time he spent to acheive all those stats were wasted.

He just wasted his time and others for nothing.

Pretty sad if you ask me.

He wasted his time? Have you forgot what runescape is about? It's about fun.

I would do the same thing in his place, because it would of been hell of alot of fun killing people :)

modest1jpegjq9.jpg

Amen to that first post man.

I totaly aggree.

And no, I am not following this topic nor will I, so there's hardly any use in actually commenting, my comment :). So well, only take the time if you have it :). (which I don't, otherwise I'lld gladly participate in a discussion)

I know what I know and what I know might well not be what you want to know but then seeing as only I know what I know and you do not know what I know then you will not know if what I know is what you would like to know

I think its absolutely hillarious.... fianlly jagex made a big mistake. durial was just one of the ones that took it to the max owing everyone ... give durial and the rat a break the rat is just the messenger and he has a right to his opinion... he thinks durial will go down in rs history some may disagreee but just to prove that he is getting his fame look at all of you who are posting about it... if you really hated this and didn't think it was right why even post and talk about it just keep to yourself. your adding to his "fame" by dragging this whole thing on.

emflum5eq5.gif

PRIVATE CHAT ON My Blog

Dragon Drops:2 Chains, 4 Meds, 1 2H, 2 Left Halves, 2 Legs, 1 Skirt

Rate My Bank!

I think its absolutely hillarious.... fianlly jagex made a big mistake. durial was just one of the ones that took it to the max owing everyone ... give durial and the rat a break the rat is just the messenger and he has a right to his opinion... he thinks durial will go down in rs history some may disagreee but just to prove that he is getting his fame look at all of you who are posting about it... if you really hated this and didn't think it was right why even post and talk about it just keep to yourself. your adding to his "fame" by dragging this whole thing on.

not fame. it is Infamy

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

My my - didn't we have fun with the thesaurus ?

Ok... "my dear friend"... the answer to your question "Why is it Jagex fault" is an easy one, and one that I have already stated twice :

They did not make him do it !! He CHOSE to do it. And by making that choice, he put himself in the wrong, plain and simple.

You go to the ATM, get an extra $100 note you shouldn't have been given, take it without reporting it and have the police turn up on the doorstep. You think they're going to accept your answer of "It was THEIR fault !! They gave it to me !" ?? No.

the game atmopshere encouraging attacks upon the system etc

That has to be THE biggest load of... waffle... I have ever heard on these forums! Encourages attacks upon the system ? Has Bob started roaming the countryside, saying "Psst !! See that person over there ? Go kill them - you can do it without getting skulled ! Try it ! It's a blast !!"

Mate - it's "hypocrite". If you're going to try and use big words - get them right, eh ? And for the record, considering the only insult that i've thrown at you is to say that part of one of your posts is rubbish, and to ask if your ENTER key has a problem... might wanna grab that dictionary yourself ;)

Now that I know that reading is not you problem, i hope only that you understand this post, and in replying engage intelectualy with my critisism of Jagex

Now who's not reading who's posts ? Hmmm ?? Refer to my previous post for an answer to your query regarding bug-fixing, etc.

Now as much as i'd love to continue this little play of words with you, i'm off away for the long weekend.

So... play nice now, kids !

lmao

magecape,Mo%20Gui%20Gui.gif

mo%20gui%20gui.gif

E. the matter is NOT RESOLVED! Tip.it posted a biased artical on thier main site in which the interviewer basically says that a rule breaker abused a bug and killed other players without mercy stealing their items DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE BANNED....

tada... :pokes bubble with stick: "pop"

You see, I think you missed the fine print.

Please do note that this interview is not done by Tip.It, and has no relation to the site as it is. We support Jagex in whatever action will be taken against Durial321, this interview is solely published here since it is a very popular topic in runescape right now, and we wish to share this with you as fast and easy as possible (which right now is not what our forum server is doing...).

I demand my bubble back.

s1L0U.jpg

Please do note that this interview is not done by Tip.It, and has no relation to the site as it is. We support Jagex in whatever action will be taken against Durial321, this interview is solely published here since it is a very popular topic in runescape right now, and we wish to share this with you as fast and easy as possible (which right now is not what our forum server is doing...).

I demand my bubble back.

I say guilty by association though. Regardless whether the opinions in the interview reflect that of tip.it or not... That interview is saying that its ok to abuse a bug. And thats something that the community really shouldn't be exposed to. Especially considering the fact that we have younger players who don't know any better.

Not only that, but you know how word spreads. First word goes around that its a unofficial interview with a bug abuser. Next time word comes around... there are claims that Tip.it supports bug abusers. Do you really think Tip.it needs to deal with all that negative feedback/publicity? Let the pro-bug abusers post their rubbish on their own sites and on their own forums... Not here.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I demand my bubble back.

I say guilty by association though. Regardless whether the opinions in the interview reflect that of tip.it or not... That interview is saying that its ok to abuse a bug. And thats something that the community really shouldn't be exposed to. Especially considering the fact that we have younger players who don't know any better.

Not only that, but you know how word spreads. First word goes around that its a unofficial interview with a bug abuser. Next time word comes around... there are claims that Tip.it supports bug abusers. Do you really think Tip.it needs to deal with all that negative feedback/publicity? Let the pro-bug abusers post their rubbish on their own sites and on their own forums... Not here.

I wouldn't go as far as saying tip it supports bug abuse, as it does state that they're not associated with the interview. I still do think that by havign it on the site tip it's recognizing the interview as more than it should be, since the interview itself was poorly done and discusses things jagex probably doesn't want talked about. Not that jagex's opinion matters in this issue, but I still think that the article should be removed since it served its purpose of lightening the forum load, and it remaining there just overglorifies what happened as an important event, and the fact that having it there isn't too great in my opinion because the interview itself is just trash, and like I said before, shouldn't have even graced the pages of tip it's site.

This bug abuser has received more recognition than he deservers, but now has received all the punishment he deserves as well.

Player name not found in Runescape high scores.

You only get one chance to live your life....

But, endless opportunities to screw it up.

PioNMax2.png

Pio "But your honor, he deserved killin "

Judge " Fair nuff, the defendant is free to go"

Adam... That was hypothetically speaking, my friend. As in, I'm not suggesting tip.it does support bug abuse. I'm saying that players/users may get that impression based on the content of the article. Regardless of whatever disclaimers tip.it may post. As it was said before by someone else... some people may just bother to skip to the interview.

Also in the example I gave... I ment it like this... This is an example:

Tommy tells Jimmy that he likes Baseball. Jimmy tell Lucy that Tommy likes Baseball. Lucy doesn't quite remember what Jimmy said, so she tells Larry that Tommy likes Basketball (rather then Baseball).

So... what I'm suggesting is as word spreads of this ordeal. People could easily mix up the facts and suggest numerous things that are false. Such as Tip.it supporting Bug Abuse, Tip.it doing the actual interview, and what not...

EDIT: Just read his additional closing words that tip.it added... and it just proves even further how much of a [wagon] kisser this guy is. How tip.it can be so narrowminded as to not see right through this guy is beyond me. He is literally turning the main website into a three ringed circus. I'm extremely distgusted with this rubbish. And then he had the nerve to state his RS name... and tells people not to bother him in game... Give me a break... :roll:

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

I completely agree with you on this one - I think the interview was disgraceful. I read it and it was totally biased, The Rat was sucking up to Durial the whole way through and was indeed expressing sentiments that many believe are false (for instance, that all PKers would have exploited that bug just like Durial did). Maybe The Rat was paid by Durial, maybe he is his best friend - I don't know - but the whole interview was a whitewash from start to finish and completely unprofessional due to its bias. I accept that Durial would probably not have given an interview if The Rat had been criticising him the whole way through, but that was too far - tip.it should never publish another article by that man again, especially as he was heaping praise on someone who obviously did not deserve it. I am sure that The Rat would have reacted differently if it had been he who had lost a Green Party Hat or other valuable item(s).

As I mentioned earlier in a different thread. What Durial did was WRONG and definetely against hte warrior's code. The people he attacked couldn't fight back at all! There is NO satisfaction in that.

Durial isn't a LEGEND or HERO. He's only a famous celebrity now famous for being an ignorant jackass who slaughtered defenseless people, taking rares and then being banned because of it. He very well knew that abusing a glitch is against the rules. And I agree that the rat was making it seem that Durial is some hero, he's not.

Stop the dam tape... STOP THE FRIGGING TAPE!!!

What the hell did he just say... i know i must have read wrong cause he sure as hell better not be dissing me (pking is my passion which i like to lose allot of money to) Did i read that right?? did he just say that any average player would have gone and done the same thing... BULL CRACKERS get a life The rat you obviously don't play runescape much there are plenty of people who would NOT EVER DO SUCH A THING AND TO EVEN SUGGEST THAT PKERS WOULD! You obviously don't pk much and haven't the faintest idea about what pkers would or would not do...

I have friends who love PKing and they got the glitch, but THEY never went on a rampage either. Even if I got the glitch, I would just be careful and not attack anyone. I follow the warrior code as much as I can, as well as I don't want to get my almost 6 year old account banned.

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Ah yes... the Warrior's Code. Thank you for bringing that up. I was trying to remember what it was called, but since I really don't PK (or visit the Graveyard forum much) I forgot what it was called. Nor do I really know exactly what all the "code" consists of.

That and its really not my place to bring up things I know little to nothing of. Thanks.

Very good point WolfhunterXZ.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

i have the answer to all!

this was a complot by jagex, to make the economy of their game restore, they made a deal and durial will get a stat hack to get all his stats back @!@!@!@!

jagex was going to make this their 6-6-6 event but all failed and had to ban player so he couldn't say anything!

Next thing you know, you're going to say that a man never landed on the moon.......

mathisfun.png

this was a complot by jagex, to make the economy of their game restore, they made a deal and durial will get a stat hack to get all his stats back @!@!@!@!

jagex was going to make this their 6-6-6 event but all failed and had to ban player so he couldn't say anything!

Next thing you know, you're going to say that a man never landed on the moon.......

well,now that you mention it...

i know! i read the whole thing and the entire i was thinking... WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!? he is not some hero! he is a cruel person who took items and money that honest people had worked for! if you spent hours just sitting mining or cutting wood or fishing and having it all taken from you how would you feel? he pretty much took a chunk of there day and threw it out the window. he should not go down in history. and if you does he should go down as a terrible mistake

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

well,now that you mention it...
:lol: :lol:

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

in my oppinion (mine ONLY) he did that to takke the econmy back from poh and take out more rare items with him.

I know you stated your "oppinion" (and yours ONLY) but I disagree with your opinion. I think he was being greedy, or just plain mean. I'm glad he is "locked" for it now.

I do agree with Tomato though, it is rather funny :lol:

35b9enp.jpg

i dont see why people should love him, im a 16 male too, but i wouldnt go around using this bug to get myself riches and a sad version of fame. id rather spend 4 yrs (which i did) gettin a whip then stealing it off me before i got the chance to finally use a abyssal whip. i say: "burn him!!"

7 years playing, no respect and no phat. talk about owned wth a capital "O"