*~^~Troj's Guide to Cw's~^~*Updated!

Trojann2

Argh! Your guide makes me yearn for a decent game of Castle Wars! I generally have a bunch of foolhardy level 60's and 70's running amuck and not really challenging any higher level. If they understood that MULTIPLE people can take down a big guy then defending a base would go alot smoother. They need to figure out that with one man fighting a giant enemy they have little chance of success... unless that one man is an elf... Legolas to be exact (He took down a freakin' Oliphant!!!). :D

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lil question, how do u grab ur own flag?

The opposition flag carrier has to be outside the castle and you need to kill him. Right click pick up the flag.

Nice guide, ill try and help in the tips and tricks section.

Wondering what to do with life .....

I've been waiting for this from you. :wink:

Nice Start.

But, I'll have to end that winning streak of your's tomarrow. :P

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

How can someone standing with a flag be the "real hero"? You do nothing but stand and let your team win for you. Get your ego sorted out? :roll:

In my eyes, the person who is the REAL hero is the person who kills enemy flag holders and saves lower levels from death by doing whatever...

Not some annoying fr00b standing next to those rocks and blowing people up if they come near you... :roll:

Just because you win games, doesn't make you a legend in anysense of the word. A legend in Castle wars would be someone who can win through hard work and fair play 8-)

sig27uo.png

RSN: Scotay444 ~ 90+ Attack ~ 107+ CB

I don't like your arrogance about being the best cw player alive, but those were the tips I use.

I can live up to it, though.

How can someone standing with a flag be the "real hero"? You do nothing but stand and let your team win for you. Get your ego sorted out? :roll:

In my eyes, the person who is the REAL hero is the person who kills enemy flag holders and saves lower levels from death by doing whatever...

Not some annoying fr00b standing next to those rocks and blowing people up if they come near you... :roll:

Just because you win games, doesn't make you a legend in anysense of the word. A legend in Castle wars would be someone who can win through hard work and fair play 8-)

I DON'T Blow the rocks on people, and also, if you would play a game with me, you would learn that the team is normally with me, helping me stay defended! And, if you also played with me, you would see that the team (sara or zammy) that plays like a team will most likely come out and win!!!!! That means you're teammates (not just your 3 friends, but they should be doing as much as you, hopefully). Maybe before you guys start flaming me for flag holding, learn how I do it so I can kick your ash in a game, cause I can Guarantee you that if it's your team vs. mine, there's a good chance that either can come out victorious, but the true teammates and team that plays like a team WILL WIN!

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I don't like your arrogance about being the best cw player alive, but those were the tips I use.

If you're so great, why are you scared to let other people know how to play?

Uggh.

Time to start working on a guide...

sig2.jpg

I DON'T Blow the rocks on people, and also, if you would play a game with me, you would learn that the team is normally with me, helping me stay defended! And, if you also played with me, you would see that the team (sara or zammy) that plays like a team will most likely come out and win!!!!! That means you're teammates (not just your 3 friends, but they should be doing as much as you, hopefully). Maybe before you guys start flaming me for flag holding, learn how I do it so I can kick your ash in a game, cause I can Guarantee you that if it's your team vs. mine, there's a good chance that either can come out victorious, but the true teammates and team that plays like a team WILL WIN!

k.

I'm not agaisnt flag holdin' i do it myselft sometimes. The real hero is however the people who protect the flag holder.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

great guide: 7.5/10 :D

I few things I would like to add:

for the flagcatcher, what I like to do it wait on the respawn room floor in the same position as the first one and ice rush/burst them once and head down the stairs, then you would know that they are coming :wink: .

I do think it could include alot more(we expect alot more because of your siggy :P ). Maybe include something about the tunnels and what to do if there's falling rox! Maybe also include a step-by-step guide for the flag capturer(example, what route he takes, timing, how to avoid the other team, professional barricade placing).

Maybe something about the ranger/mage/melee triangle for people who don't know about that. Just generally what to do when you're in a tight situation, although I saw that you already included that a bit.

I hope to see more added :)

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I guarentee you, if I got my mates from W23 we'd have a good go. But it would be an amazingly boring match... Just flag holding ugh. I can flag hold for your information. I just don't enjoy standing around for 20 minutes when I'm supposed to be having fun...

Btw, I bet my "ash" that there is NO secret tactic in CWs that I haven't seen... Try me?

sig27uo.png

RSN: Scotay444 ~ 90+ Attack ~ 107+ CB

I guarentee you, if I got my mates from W23 we'd have a good go. But it would be an amazingly boring match... Just flag holding ugh. I can flag hold for your information. I just don't enjoy standing around for 20 minutes when I'm supposed to be having fun...

No offence but if i gather my old friends where i used to play CW with every day till i got over 6K tickets then you certainly wont be able to do alot in the game except coming out of the respawn room over and over :roll: .

How can someone standing with a flag be the "real hero"? You do nothing but stand and let your team win for you. Get your ego sorted out? Rolling Eyes

Flagholding is easie till at a certain point, when more and more things happen arround you then a mistake can cost you alot of bandages.

MY definition of hero would be: A person who can take the right actions at certain moments. If something occurs then making the right decission instantly is a sign you are pretty skilled, not alot of people can do this at all times thus making them being in problems or end up dead or etc.

How is someone who scores all the time a hero when scoring can be done by anyone who can make the right decissions at the right time? :wink:

And don't forget, how does most of the time the flag is being gotten by the other team? O yes, because someone made a wrong decission (for example trying your luck and try to score even if you are on low bandages) OR massive force of ancient mages and such.

:roll: Seriously, in cw it all comes down to decission and levels and equipement.

You can be a lvl 126 that tries to score by going through a mass of people and die

You can be a lvl 3 that takes alternative route with no-one on it and score

:oops: And personally i think trojann is one of the better/best cw players in rs ...

And who says flagholding has to mean that you stand still? Hell, i once flagholded for 15 minutes in world 2 IN ENEMY THEIR BASE ... (invited bit of friends and yea, people on other team got kinda massacred) ... i even got exp during that game since i was hitting with flag rawr.

No offence but if i gather my old friends where i used to play CW with every day till i got over 6K tickets then you certainly wont be able to do alot in the game except coming out of the respawn room over and over :roll: .

How can someone standing with a flag be the "real hero"? You do nothing but stand and let your team win for you. Get your ego sorted out? Rolling Eyes

Flagholding is easie till at a certain point, when more and more things happen arround you then a mistake can cost you alot of bandages.

MY definition of hero would be: A person who can take the right actions at certain moments. If something occurs then making the right decission instantly is a sign you are pretty skilled, not alot of people can do this at all times thus making them being in problems or end up dead or etc.

How is someone who scores all the time a hero when scoring can be done by anyone who can make the right decissions at the right time? :wink:

And don't forget, how does most of the time the flag is being gotten by the other team? O yes, because someone made a wrong decission (for example trying your luck and try to score even if you are on low bandages) OR massive force of ancient mages and such.

:roll: Seriously, in cw it all comes down to decission and levels and equipement.

You can be a lvl 126 that tries to score by going through a mass of people and die

You can be a lvl 3 that takes alternative route with no-one on it and score

:oops: And personally i think trojann is one of the better/best cw players in rs ...

And who says flagholding has to mean that you stand still? Hell, i once flagholded for 15 minutes in world 2 IN ENEMY THEIR BASE ... (invited bit of friends and yea, people on other team got kinda massacred) ... i even got exp during that game since i was hitting with flag rawr.

Thanks for shutting them up boas! Never knew you thought about me that way... :shock:

Vitafides.jpeg

not bad, but i think i know a better tecnique for flag scorers:

get 8-10 explosive compounds and the rest of inventory full of bandages,

you go to the tunnels and blast your way through to the opponents' castle, go up to the flag and get it, run back to the tunnels, blast your way through and block the tunnels behind you (using a bandage whenever run energy is low) and just get the flag to the top :P

i dont think you had this in there if you did and i just missed sorry for spam

but ive seen some ppl do this a person will run get flag and will run down the stairs and will be on the lvl with the spawn room and they will have a teamate there with ice burst or barrage to freeze the ppl on the other team who chase after the guy with the flag so the guy with the flag can get a lead on them

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Trojann ftw?

hahah cw's is fun.. especially with ice barrage ^.^ anyway nice guide troj, and to all those that dis him... don't post plz?

Now now, let's not get angry here. Excellent guide Trojann, I actually learned a few things :) And you are awesome in CW. Oh and just a thought, if you're an Ancient, do the whip/ice combo. Wield whip, attk someone, and if it gets ugly, burst/barrage, hurray! :D

Proud Fire Cape Owner March 9, 2007

Owner of 2/24 Capes of Achievement

Planet__X.png

newbankofrsyq0.gif

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade, then throw it in their faces and ask for the oranges you originally asked for.

Interesting guide. Once comment though.

I've tried playing CW a bit, but I'm lower level than most players (combat 53). It seems that all of these tactics are for much higher-level players.

Obviously, I know that by raising my combat I'll be able to compete better, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't play CW until level 90. And I wouldn't raise my combat level solely for CW.

Would you have any advice for lower levels who want to actually do something useful in a CW game instead of getting called stupid noobs? Because in theory, the game is for everyone, and I'd like to know if it's even possible for a lower combat level to play once in a while.

(I don't want to get flamed by comments like "get better combat noob", because, well, I'm working on that, but like I said, you shouldn't have to be level 80 or up to enjoy the game)

grammar2gr8dx.png

Chemchord.png

~Member of Legends' Guild~

Interesting guide. Once comment though.

I've tried playing CW a bit, but I'm lower level than most players (combat 53). It seems that all of these tactics are for much higher-level players.

Obviously, I know that by raising my combat I'll be able to compete better, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't play CW until level 90. And I wouldn't raise my combat level solely for CW.

Would you have any advice for lower levels who want to actually do something useful in a CW game instead of getting called stupid noobs? Because in theory, the game is for everyone, and I'd like to know if it's even possible for a lower combat level to play once in a while.

(I don't want to get flamed by comments like "get better combat noob", because, well, I'm working on that, but like I said, you shouldn't have to be level 80 or up to enjoy the game)

Few tips I suppose, I'm no legend but I've got a few ideas :wink: :

1) Be a Medic. Walk around with your teams flagholder (or higher levels in fights). If s/he gets hurt a bit just heal them, they'll save bandages and you'll be helping you're team a lot.

2) Carry Barricades and Explosives around with your team's flagcatcher. Clear paths, block off and redirect enemies, anything to help them get to home base.

3) Team up with other players in a fight. Sure, one on one you'll probably get annihilated, but working with others as a team you can win (ugh, I'm starting to sound like one of those cheesy kiddy cartoons).

4) Read through Troj's guide again. He does in fact have a few words of advice for lower lvls :wink: .

Great guide Tro. Good information, but it doesn't give out every strategy, as it should be. As odd as it sounds I've never played a game with you (or at least never come in contact with you in a game) so it'll be fun to take you down sometime :P .

Don't ask.

Thanks for all the comments.

And about what lower levels do, If you stand up by the flag and attack those who try to get the flag, take off as much damage as possible, you REALLY DO HELP (especially if someone is trying to get the flag, like I do). You make it so they have less bandages and thus the person getting the flag can snag it that much faster. :)

Vitafides.jpeg