*~^~Troj's Guide to Cw's~^~*Updated!

Trojann2

Troj's Tips to CW's

For the Start and Beating Your Opponent

By: Trojann2

~Updated August 1st, 2006~

JAGEX Has now Made it so you CAN'T loggout in the waiting room.

Contents

•  
    [*:vk68ak6m]1.0 [ Introduction ]

[*:vk68ak6m]2.0 [ The Start ]

[*:vk68ak6m]3.0 [ Flag Scorers ]

[*:vk68ak6m]4.0 [ Flag Snatchers ]

[*:vk68ak6m]5.0 [ Defending ]

[*:vk68ak6m]6.0 [ Tips & Tricks ]

[*:vk68ak6m]7.0 [ Credits ]

1.0 [ Introduction ]

Castle Wars, The fast paced game of fun, flags, and Ice! The game were the smartest players rule the Map. The game where not only the high leveled players rule, thought it does help substantually...It's THE GAME!!!

In this guide I will show you the few tricks that are helpful to make your games to smoother, and more fun, and cheapest rune saving techniques. And the more you play with people, the better you know each other, and like my team, we actully have short codewords for certain parts of the game. And we can win every game even if it's just me and one other friend. Granted having Ice Barrage HELPS ALOT!

1.1 [ Gearing Up ]

Here is what you should wear, and have in your inventory!

06jun091801413li.png

Wearing...

06jun091801540nv.png

Note: The Invo can be switched up with anything you want :).

======================

2.0 [ The Start ]

The Start of a Castle Wars Game (CW for short from now on) is where you can lose or win a game, EVEN IF THERE IS STILL 19 MINUTES LEFT!!! The start is where you will want to know what you are doing, if you are a mage snatching your own flag, DON'T LEAVE YOUR POST!!!

======================

3.0 [ Flag Scorers ]

Only wanted here are the most strongest, or smoothest (meaning fast internet and clicker) and smartest person on your team to play this part. I personally don't do this part much, but my Scorer told me a few things of her techniques.

a. Right of the start, grab 8 or 10 med packs, Run downstairs and into Zammy or Sara Castle, Grab Two Explosive Compounds and Two Barricades.

b1. Get the flag as fast as possible, if a Lower Level than you gets it, FOLLOW THEM SO IF THEY DIE YOU GET THE FLAG.

b2. If you get the flag, go down the stairs to the Main gate, you can barricade around the corner, but our other, more stragtegic ways of being able to barricade and block your enimies, but these are for you to find and and my team to use :P

c. Run to the rocks, Most people have the HARDEST TIME on the rocks, you should be fluent with them, only the best CW'ers know how to use the rocks to their advantage, being able to jump them fast and fluently is key- Practice Makes Perfect.

d. If you have an ancient mage or entangleing mage on you, use Black Dragonhides, Drop a barricade at a strategic location (like a doorway or infront of stepstones).

e. Run like hell if you do have an ancient on you and pray you make it, if you have problems, call your teamates.

======================

4.0 [ Flag Catchers ]

Note: This Section is where me and my team have the most secrets to this Strategy, Meaning, this section of the guide WILL BE VAGUE!! Also, MANY people think that flag holding is a cheap part of the game, if you do believe this, Don't waste your time flaming me, cause it's the funnest way to win with friends, and with many many many high level players on world 9 now, it's actully fun being somone they want to die, and Playing many games in a row and when you get the flag again, people moan and say they lost, JUST CAUSE YOU HAVE IT! :P

The flag catcher, the true man who can prove who will win the game, or lose the game...The one TRUE HERO in a game of Castle Wars. This player MUST CONCENTRATE. They also need ice\bind spells The place where you stand can be 3 locations, the first 2, you needing to be FAST.

06jun091835380bv.png

1. On top of the stairs, on the main level, Right by your Respawn room, when the flag is in sight, DON'T ICE/BIND!!! Follow them down the stairs/ladder, wait for them to get out of the castle walls, and BANG.

06jun091834261xn.png

2. Again, concentrate, you this time will be standing on the bottom stairs, between the outside wall and the keep of the castle. Wait for the flag to come down, get the name, and ice. If they go the ladder side, don't attack them, you will get stuck on the walls, click into the room itself.

06jun091835380bv.png

3. Boring, waste of money really. Stand in the keep's main floor and ice like crazy, when you die, jump out right away and ice that flag...

Now the hard/easiest part, which You much have fast reflexes and be able to click your mouse Insanely Fast. This is after you have iced the person, and he is dieing, I can't tell you exactly the second the flag falls- for I know the time it will - but I can tell you be ready to click the flag, If you get it, depending on the team you are on, go west or east, by the stepping stones. Or be a coward and hide in the tunnels where no one goes.

======================

5.0 [ Defending ]

Now, you are holding the flag, right? If not kick your flag snatcher and make sure that he gets that flag back, And since you both have the same setup almost, work together, get that flag, and go into defensive position.

If holding flag:

1. Glance @ the Minimap every so often.

2. Make sure you know your escape routes, in case of trouble.

3. Have your mage book open so you can *try* to ice me and my team coming to get you...Err sorry...So you can ice anyone that is red to you coming. Have your team kill them swift and quick.

4. If you REALLY REALLY need a flank to get 10+ people off you, run over the stepping stones, and stand on the last one before the ground, have your friend with ice barrage (or burst) and run away, works great! :)

5. Always safe the flag if none of your friends are around, that means dieing on the stepping stones, if possible.

======================

6.0 [ Tips and Tricks ]

For Flag Snatchers: The Best Way to Click for the Flag on a Fast Computer is RIGHT when the person keels over. When you do this you should most likely pull the banner into you. Also, if you are waiting at the spot below the stairs. Right click the person you know is the person with flag...Keep that option up till you see them out of the walls, and BANG Instant Ice on them.

For Flag Runners @ Start: Use the Tunnels Halfway then Come up then go back down to lose some of the People on you. Or if you are fastest, Use the Stepping stones.

For Everyone: ALWAYS know where your teams flag is. And try to know where the Zammy Flag is. With a 3 man team, only 1 person needs to have the flag, the other two can be doing whatever, but must be prepared to come to the aid at ANY second.

======================

7.0 [ Credits ]

Trojann2: Writing the Guide

Cloudstri101: Taught me the ropes of CW Many Months ago.

Metalic_Max: No team is complete without the Magic Trio, right? :D

So, there it is, Not even half of my tricks, but I can't let the students surpass the Legend now, right? :D

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A good trick for when you have your own flag is that you run across the little island in the middle, and stand right next to the bridge, so anyone following you gets stuck across it. Then when they finally click you again, and come over to hit you, just run to the other side of the island and do it again, they should be stuck in the spot you just were, it really helps relieve damage with large groups on you.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

A good trick for when you have your own flag is that you run across the little island in the middle, and stand right next to the bridge, so anyone following you gets stuck across it. Then when they finally click you again, and come over to hit you, just run to the other side of the island and do it again, they should be stuck in the spot you just were, it really helps relieve damage with large groups on you.

Ancients Kill...That's all I have to say about that. :wink: Anceints > Huggers...

That means don't do it when I'm on the other team, or ever!

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

I, myself, just love CW :) Can I know on what world you normally go? I choose W69, since in late evenings [For GMT] there is really CW elite :) (I count myself one since Ive done DT :P). Well, I've started CW only like 1month-2months ago, started (for real) at like 70 mage and bursts (On my first account - Federalais2). Well, CW (Meh, few alchs too) got my mage up to 82. <3 blitz. I had yellow (Lets call it Gold, since Gold would be really good trophy :P) Helm, too many loses :(

Anyway, lets add each other so we could go together? :P Whenever I'll have time, I WILL go CW!

Add Profins, Hyt me when you see me online, and asap I'm done with lil' of training - CW :P

Oh, and on the topic - Great guide, just.. Title is 'Tips and Tricks', but hey..!

6.0 [ Tips and Tricks ]

Maybe Later Razz

:( Put those tips and tricks! :P

Profins.png

specty.png

Heh, looks like a great guide :D

I'll read through it when I have more time and see if there isn't anything I can add :wink:

Just want to say...that is probably the best method if you're against a large group of clueless meleers (which does happen) but most other times it really just doesn't work very well.

sig2.jpg

Very very nice, If only I could afford that stuff :P

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Heh, looks like a great guide :D

I'll read through it when I have more time and see if there isn't anything I can add :wink:

Just want to say...that is probably the best method if you're against a large group of clueless meleers (which does happen) but most other times it really just doesn't work very well.

Yea, I spend most of my time in the less populated worlds where you don't see many Ancients or Rangers, just all Melee.

oversized.jpg[/bads]

As a runner, if you're going up to the enemy flag and there's an enemy ancient in the floor below waiting for you, grab the flag, stand around for a while, and drop it letting an enemy nooby respawn it to safe. This usually makes the ancient think you died so he will move outside. That's when you grab the flag, run down and go underground with a cade, by the time the ancient gets back in looking for you, you're already home free. Similarly, if you're underground and an ancient is above looking for you, go to a secluded place, drop the flag, and grab it again, the ancient will think you died and his team mate took the flag. This will probably make him go home while you head off again to score.

Nice guide, pretty much the basic good tips for flag snatchers.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

As a runner, if you're going up to the enemy flag and there's an enemy ancient in the floor below waiting for you, grab the flag, stand around for a while, and drop it letting an enemy nooby respawn it to safe. This usually makes the ancient think you died so he will move outside. That's when you grab the flag, run down and go underground with a cade, by the time the ancient gets back in looking for you, you're already home free. Similarly, if you're underground and an ancient is above looking for you, go to a secluded place, drop the flag, and grab it again, the ancient will think you died and his team mate took the flag. This will probably make him go home while you head off again to score.

Nice guide, pretty much the basic good tips for flag snatchers.

Hmm, never tried that before. Sounds like a good idea. :D

Also, kinda random tip, if you get frozen/bound, you can still go up and down stairs, so if you're trapped in the base next to the stairs, keep going up and down them until you're unfrozen. Works quite well for those ancients that try to freeze the first thing that comes up.

sig2.jpg

Wow, when I say Trojann post a CW guide, then I had to read it. He is the master of it we all know. Nice read, some good tips in there, hard to find though, but something I learned in there. Well great guide, not alot of things in it but if more was added it would be much more worthwhile to read. Not saying anything is bad with this one but it is really short.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg