No Mining Guild Improvements

reversal

Only briefly looked at a few pages of the mining petition and

decided to put up a decent arguement why no mining improvement

should be added.

Here are my reasons why:

"but the mining industry is vastly growing throughout the Runescape community and these ores aren't enough. "

If there is too much competition for the ores then you should either hop onto another server or find another mining spot. When I mine I am strongly territorial. If I am unable to dominate the mining spot then I'll just have to go else where.

Now come on, the Hobgoblin Mine in the wilderness has more to offer than the Mining Guild! I think the Runescape staff should expand the Mining Guild, giving it more rocks, including iron; mith and adamant. If they give it Rune, the Rune should either have a quest to it, to be able to mine it. Or be in a seperate room, which needs 90+ Mining to enter or something.

This is a case of reward vs risk. If the exact number of ores in the hobgoblin mines were introduced into a non pking environment, it would vastly affect the RS economy. The ore prices could drop due to the increase in supply and reduced risk involved. This would then make the hobgoblin mines in the wild utterly useless.

THEY COULD ALSO CREATE A SMITHING GUILD. TO START OFF IT COULD JUST BE A SMALL ROOM LOCATED IN THE MINING ROOM. IT WOULD BE A SEPERATE ROOM THAT NEEDS, SAY, 70+ SMITHING TO ENTER. IT COULD JUST HAVE A FURNACE & ANVIL IN THERE. POST YOUR THOUGHTS ON THIS ALSO PLEASE!!

No because it will make things extremely too easy. For f2p you should

use the al kharid furance and the anvils outside the west varrock bank.

Also superheating is an extremely helpful shortcut but for f2p it's an expensive alternative.

As others have mentioned earlier mining is easy. If it's too hard then you're doing something wrong. Also I imagine that most of those supporting the mining petition are the miners of intermediate levels.

I am almost certain that if you ask any high lv miner about the mining improvements that they would strongly disagree. If by some fluke one would agree then they just shot themselves in the [wagon] by making it easier for others to achieve what they already have.

In closing, you can hope and you can dream but there are some things you cannot change. You are left with a choice, either change your mining strategy or change the RS landscape to meet your demands. Since we are only players we can only change the way we play not the game we play.

If you disagree, back it up with fact not with opinion because everyone has those.

Spaneard.png

3.png

A side note:

If you really want something you'll have to look for it.

There are other options to the mining guild for coal.

My favorite mining spot is secluded and it is usually

empty even on a busy server. If it is busy I could

simply hop onto another server to find it the same spot

empty. From this spot I could run to and from the bank

with stamina to spare. However you'll have to be a certain

combat lv to use this spot.

In about three months I went from lv 72 mining to currently 81 mining.

Also my smithing has increased from lv 67 to lv 76.

Spaneard.png

3.png

If by some miracle jagex decides to make such improvements then I'll have to adapt to them.

Besides being a high lv miner and smither can get you some respect.

It's not easy to do therefore it's an accomplishment to be proud of.

If you high mining, then u better work for it.

My only beef with mining is that it's so anti social.

Spaneard.png

3.png

232 people cant be wrong i bet if they were to realse it it owuld be praised not critised :)

The topic has 570 posts, so even with removing some double posts and off topic chat, There is just as much discusion in it which say the update isn't all that good as there are people saying it is good.

I think if there would be a serious poll on it it wouldn't even have 50% suporting it.

f2p skilltotal 1050+

I agree with u in this idea. If the mining guild was better, mining would be easier so the price of the ores would decrease and it'd make mining a less profitable skill. They shouldn't change nothinbg, things are good now how they are.

magikjandro5mu.gif

Thx axeraider for the sig :D

I do think mining is a bit neglected in rs, hardly any new additions since rsc.

Would like to see new mines, the smithing guild sounds good ( although the blast furnace may be that ), and perhaps new ores

Founder of Fast Free Double Natures 40292632082564828.png

Click here to see my Goals and Achievements!

im strongly against any improvements, im 86 mining, and ive been playing since 2002, since the time when there was no colour in the rocks, it has been very hard those days, and its unfair if it were to be made easier for others, us mining with no colour and normal picks back in the day, is like low lvl miners mining against higher lvls now.

funkydude115.png

Agree with you. More ores will make it easier to get, then the prices will lower.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Here's my argument to your argument. You CLAIM that mining is easy. What about for people who are starting off? What about people who can NEVER get any ore because people always hog the iron rocks for "powertraining"? Does it really seem fair? Plus, people don't always share the rocks in the guild. IE sometimes when you're mining on one rock people with higher mining will deliberately come and take that rock, walk away, and occasionaly insult you. It shouldn't be like this. RuneScape should be fun, not a chore. Training should be something you enjoy doing, not a time to hope and pray you're alone so you don't have to compete with people for the rocks. It's not right.

Here's my argument to your argument. You CLAIM that mining is easy. What about for people who are starting off? What about people who can NEVER get any ore because people always hog the iron rocks for "powertraining"? Does it really seem fair? Plus, people don't always share the rocks in the guild. IE sometimes when you're mining on one rock people with higher mining will deliberately come and take that rock, walk away, and occasionaly insult you. It shouldn't be like this. RuneScape should be fun, not a chore. Training should be something you enjoy doing, not a time to hope and pray you're alone so you don't have to compete with people for the rocks. It's not right.

Glad to hear your arguement.

If you encounter a power miner who basically takes all the ores for himself/herself you have two options, continue to compete with them and possibly frustrate yourself or look for a better mining opportunity. One of the recent updates made switching worlds much easier so it's an option that should be used.

I know people don't share in the guild hence which is why i don't mine there. My mining etiquette is whoever lays their pickaxe on it first it's their rock to mine. However whoever violates this rule against me, I outmine them at every opportunity i get. Unfortunately mining coal is random and mining lv doesn't matter. The main problem here is not the game but the people who play the game. As long as you let me mine my rocks, I'll let you mine yours and everyone is happy. I'm a 81 miner so i know mining can be frustrating. I went from mining 1 to 72 back in the days of RSC and mining is so much easier now than it was then.

Spaneard.png

3.png

just to pick up something every miner has had to put up with better miners why should this change because 232 people think that mining is too hard?

whilst i admit there are some selfish miners, there are also others who will only mine 2 out of 4 of the iron rocks (at south east varrok) despite being able to mine quite easily 3 if not all 4 of them. maybe your just unlucky, i dont know. but as a leaveing note...

Isnt the competition the enjoyable part of mining something that makes it almost social?

Two hundred, thirty-two people. They 'can't be wrong?' Simple-minded crowd cohesion like that is why cults form. Jim Jones had a wholelot of people following him, a lot more than 232. just something to ponder.

There is a definite discrepancy here. A task being difficult and a task being needlessly inconvenient thorugh poor design are very different things. It sounds to me that a few people who think that a task they find difficult should be changed so that they can get their money for nothing and thir chicks for free. By the same logic they are using, their should be twice as many lessers in Karamja Dungeon so I won't have to deal with mages, rangers, and people with fast weapons getting the kill, or that there should be Greater Demons outside the wilderness so that pkers won't bother me. Pathetic.

The server population/ore genesis time relation goes a long way to eliminate too much unfairness form a few high-level players, especially for coal in the mining guild. When I first got in the mining guild, it was like I had died and gone to heaven, except I kept my stuff and there were sweaty teamsters there. Or something. I was greateful for the opportunity and I haven't had a problem with coal ever since.

This is just a case of a few people with a false sense of entitlement looking for a handout and raising Cain. There are two hundred, thirty-two people who can kiss my

So, that's difficulty. What's inconvenience? If it weren't for that **** tree, I could get seven mithril each cycle rather than five on Crandor. Bugger!

Duumvir in game

"...One day I will burn down the rainforest and become a hero."

My only beef with mining is that it's so anti social.

I totally agree there! I gave up mining permanently when I got members, so boring compared to everything else :wink:

bflinty1.png

Drops: Barrows: 60+ DK: 4... Dragon: 60+ Whips: 2... GWD: 0...ouch!

Main Goal: 2000 total with no 99's

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

bflinty1.png

no need to be mean, but petitions are useless. a list with 200, 300, 400 people isnt going to do anything considering runescape contains over 1,000,000 people.

liek omg rly?

Isnt the competition the enjoyable part of mining something that makes it almost social?

Uh, no? If I want to compete with my fellow players, I'll armor up and go pking. If I want to train my skills, especially difficult skills like mining, I don't want to have to fight off a bunch of people just to do it.

As for the mining guild, sure, improving it would reduce ore prices, if everyone got what they wanted. If Jagex only made some slight improvements to the Guild, such as increasing the number of Mith rocks to around 10 and maybe adding four or five Addys, it wouldn't impact the ore market that much, and would make the Guild an actual reward, rather than the mere shortcut it is now. If I'm that desperate for coal, I can go to the Skeleton Mine in the shallow Wild and get what I need twice as fast as in the Guild.

As for a Smithing Guild in the Mining Guild, I've probably shown some support for the idea in the past, but now I wonder how it would negatively affect the game. I still maintain that the pick seller should be moved into the Guild and that Drogo should sell up to Mith picks, though. I mean, you need to do a big quest or some major acheivement to get the "ultimate" equipment for just about everything else, but miners can get the best picks for nothing but lvl 41 and 32k? That hardly seems balanced.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

232 people cant be wrong i bet if they were to realse it it owuld be praised not critised :)

yes, 232 people can be wrong when they never do any good thinking

As a matter of fact Hitler was elected by a lot more then 232 people and I think we can agree they were pretty wrong.

If you wanted a discussion about the mining petition, you should have posted IN that topic, not create another one.

paintdry6yn.png

forceny5.png

Haven't played RuneScape since 12 january 2007 and it feels great :)

I think the minning guild is fine has is. If they added more ore the prices would drop. However a dragon pick and more ores would be nice and would not effect prices to much. A smithing quild would also be great.

yes, 232 people can be wrong when they never do any good thinking

As a matter of fact Hitler was elected by a lot more then 232 people and I think we can agree they were pretty wrong.

If you wanted a discussion about the mining petition, you should have posted IN that topic, not create another one.

I made a separate thread for the following reasons.

1) It is more visible as a separate thread, thus making it more accessible and

the arguements are grouped together.

2) The mining petition thread is already long enough, so much so that I'm sure people won't read my arguement against it

3) I have mentioned a few tips that I want people to read so i made my own thread.

Spaneard.png

3.png

I think the mining guild is fine as it is, and i agree with reversal mining is MUCH more easier now, no colored rocks and having to keep clicking instead of ur player hitting the rock until the ore finally came out, and having only 1 type serves all pickaxe (back then pickaxes didn't have an armor class like bronze, iron, rune etc.) made mining stressing, now you have classed pickaxes and your character mines on 1 click until you get the ore.

Join Full Metal Militia Today! 75+cb required

http://www.fmmilitia.proboards101.com/

currently looking for rangers and mages!