Random Events. Yes? No? Maybe?

Giordano

Well, the fact that they have done absolutely nothing to stop the productivity of autoers (fact) and that they seem to annoy players in general more than entertain them (opinion), I'd say they're pretty much obsolete.

But will Jagex get rid of them? No chance. That's like admitting they've made a mistake, and we all know they don't make mistakes, right?

Exactly what I was going to say Bub!

They keep thinking that introducing the next in depth random event will stop autoers. They just don't realise what they are up against! Nor do I think they want to! :roll:

I just hate Leo the Gravedigger. I've gotten him 8 times and i now only get 500gp. That's just pointless and the only bones i bury are the Big bones at Ice Caves and always when i come back the Ice Warriors start attacking me again (i just hate it).

Agree with this. I got leo 12 times so far at mossies. A gem would be nicer than 500gp, and though its an easy event, monsters become aggressive again which is annoying. The only good thing is that you can deposit stuff in the bank.

I don't mind randoms really. Genies are the best.

runemsanta,ishepp.gif

89/99 farming

Actually, I love randoms!

And I don't thing JAGeX is even doing the randoms for stopping autoers any more: I got a feeling they are doing it for fun and entertainment. If they wanted to stop autoers they could use much more effective and less extravagant ways.

I agree, however; with their increasing frequency; but I like it!

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

And I don't thing JAGeX is even doing the randoms for stopping autoers any more: I got a feeling they are doing it for fun and entertainment.

Oh, you're definately right, it's for fun now and not the autoers. It was just t'other way round to begin with.

Well, the fact that they have done absolutely nothing to stop the productivity of autoers (fact) and that they seem to annoy players in general more than entertain them (opinion), I'd say they're pretty much obsolete.

But will Jagex get rid of them? No chance. That's like admitting they've made a mistake, and we all know they don't make mistakes, right?

They keep thinking that introducing the next in depth random event will stop autoers. They just don't realise what they are up against! Nor do I think they want to! :roll:

No offence, but you guys don't know what you are talking about. All these random events are frustrating the cheating communities. Noone wants to update all the cheating bots everytime a new random event is introduced, and when they aren't updated, they don't work. Random events have done a lot to prevent cheating in Runescape!

Estel+Teleco.png

well i didn't bother reading the whole thread but i agree with the first post, the ones like the pick head falling off, or ents or trolls, something like that is fine, its just really annoying when you're doing something and you have to stop to talk to somebody to get a free spinach roll

although to be fair, the last few random events i had got me a half key, 400 chaos and 100 deaths so i'm happy :)

My Website - My music take a listen :)

No offence, but you guys don't know what you are talking about. All these random events are frustrating the cheating communities. Noone wants to update all the cheating bots everytime a new random event is introduced, and when they aren't updated, they don't work. Random events have done a lot to prevent cheating in Runescape!

Aha..hahahaha.

No offence, but just...shut up.

Wait, since when did people die when they made a mistake in the Mime random event? Hmm. I never knew that. :?

Anyway, I happen to like all of the random events except for the ones where you have to fight or run away from (zombies, shades, river trolls, rock golems...). I also find Leo the Gravedigger a bit annoying. I threw away all of his clothing since they took up bank space, and then everytime I get him, I end up getting the same pair of clothing eachtime. Ugh!

I like the maze, because sometimes I can get really good loot, like onetime I got 600 feathers or something like that, and a few chaos runes. I also like the ones where you get cool clothing like the Mime, Camo, or Lederhosen.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

Wait, since when did people die when they made a mistake in the Mime random event? Hmm. I never knew that. :?

I've never heard of mime deaths from mistakes, but I have heard of people dying in the mime event after being poisoned while Pking or while fighting poison-dealing NPCs because they were already low on HP and couldn't use food or antidotes, which isn't exactly fair.

On the original subject...I guess I've been lucky in that I rarely get randoms, and the ones I do get are the less annoying ones (Rock Golem, broken pick, etc.). Yes, I'm calling the Golem less annoying because when I get it, I'm usually mining in the Wild, where I almost always have an NPC attacking me as a PKer shield, which happens to also work exceptionally well against Golems.

The other ones I've had the...displeasure of getting (mime, maze, frogs, dwarf, zombie, troll...uh, I think that's all) are all annoying, especially the tele ones. No, MOM, I just got to this training spot and I'm not tired. I don't need a break from the "arduous" task of killing a whole three hobgoblins. If the mime contest is soo much fun, you do it!

Sorry, I got a little carried away. As I was saying, the tele events are plain annoying. If a player really wants a break in the monotony of training, then that should be their choice of what and when they take a break with, whether it's training another skill, doing a minigame (for members, anyway, unless it's an f2p "made-up" minigame, like Chicken Whacking...) or just loading up on gp and finding some general store "deals". We really don't need Jagex's flawed programs telling us we want to do a maze or follow a mime. Or worse.

Besides, where does Jagex think we're going to put all those nifty rewards? No one has any open bank space, members or freeplayers, and opening the bank space for these worthless trinkets will require getting rid of either other useless trinkets, or valuable items needed for skill training.

So, yeah, I'm not a fan of random events.

--Darg--

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

When I began playing RS, I loved the randoms. But these days, I get 5 or 6 randoms in a few hours. They're really starting to bug me. Randoms are supposed to be rare. But if you have more than 10 different kinds of randoms, well yeah, no wonder we're getting flooded.

Jagex should either cut down on the number of randoms or their (combined!) frequency. Less is more.

Skill A pain, but necessairy.

Random an unnexessairy pain, get rid of those...

Tele I love them, don't get rid of these :D .

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

i love randoms, they are cool

except:

MoM

smoking rock

ent

whirpool

fishing rod-stealing-fish

grab the evil twin

frogs

sandwich lady.....sandwich lady!!! aaaahhhh! *runs in circles around varrock*

i once almost get killed by the sandwich lady while ranging blue dragons

and i ended up picking the wrong sandwich

Lamest attempt at a lure ever.
No, Ive seen "selling easter egg 5m must be level 78 77 or 76 and meet at varrock bar unarmed.

Yes! They make the game a little bit interesting. Plus some events are rewarding. Who wouldnt turn down free exp via a genie's lamp or free coins given by the old man. Now if only there was somekind of store to get the rewarded costumes back, so I wouldnt have to keep them in my already full bank...

dontfearthereaper2.png

• 3 weeks later...

whirlpool, big fish, trolls, evil chicken etc are really annoying and waste time

mysterious old man, gravedigger etc are good because you get a (small) award

:D

att: 34 crafting:22

str: 29 prayer: 22

def: 25 mining: 37

cooking: 33 (guild) w/c: 58

magic: 18 I know im a noob. get over it.

Pretty pointless most of them, but as you mentioned the skill ones might stop the autoers.

A mad scientist in the attic, the owner is a vampire that dwells in the basement, a witch, skeletons, ghosts....

And you thought YOUR neighbors were weird!

I don't mind random events, they help break up long periods of training and they don't seem to occur all that often for me. However if they're not really stoping autoers and other rule breaking programs, that's a worry :-k .

Domovoi123-Level 80 f2p

Noxious 0ne-Level 46 f2p