Defenders :o!!

slimysteve

'Defenders are off-hand weapons that are wielded in the shield slot and provide positive Attack bonuses. To earn a defender you must go into the room on the top floor and battle the Cyclopes, which will drop defenders on the odd occasion. For every minute you are in the room, 10 tokens will crumble away, so ensure you have a nice amount if you want to stay a long time.'

These look GREAT. Dual Wielding :P

One im interested in:

rune_defender.gif

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww too bad that i cant go there yet. Maybe would want to try. Oh well, ill have fun at barrows. :P

Zonhottie.png

Currently training all skills to or above 60.

Barrows drops: 87 runs done so far. Torag Platebody on 4th run. Guthan Chainskirt on 35th run. Dharok Helm on 45th run. Torag platelegs on 49th run. Ahrim Robeskirt on 86th run.

I got a bronze one lol :\ Well the damage it does gets added towards your main weapons damage. There untradable by the way.

Or maybe it just increases your attack stats, and it doesn't actually count as another weapon. . .

I got a bronze one lol :\ Well the damage it does gets added towards your main weapons damage. There untradable by the way.

Or maybe it just increases your attack stats, and it doesn't actually count as another weapon. . .

Pretty sure that's what they meant.

Anyways these new 'weapons' are pretty sweet. Really nice weapon for runeplate pures :o Looking forward to more ownage from them thanks to these guys.

This is stupid. I killed hundreds of them and only got a bronze defender. Great job, jagex make people work for time spent trying to get your rewards instead of just setting a ticket price for them. No, but you want the rewards to rely on luck, like everything else (like the combat system itself...)! Poorly thought up update IMO.

This is stupid. I killed hundreds of them and only got a bronze defender. Great job, jagex make people work for time spent trying to get your rewards instead of just setting a ticket price for them. No, but you want the rewards to rely on luck, like everything else (like the combat system itself...)! Poorly thought up update IMO.

so basically.... *cry*ah wtf i killed leik 3 hrs wrth of da monstrs in update n leik no drops omfg! jagex are teh sux.

shut up

doesn't it make you more happy when you get one then? Aren't more things just plain luck, like barrows and that kind of stuuf, Poorly thought post IMO

you have to UPGRADE the defenders, go back to the person that lets you into the cyclopese room and show it to em, only THEN will they drop the next defender (in your case, iron) keep these, because if you lose your rune defender and you dont have your addy one in the bank, you will have to earn your way back up ALL OVER AGAIN :evil:

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

doesn't it make you more happy when you get one then? Aren't more things just plain luck, like barrows and that kind of stuuf, Poorly thought post IMO

It's not fair that someone who has worked for the reward a fraction of the time I have and they get it a lot sooner with many less tickets. Seriously, what's the point in the tickets if all they do is buy you time in which you may or may not get lucky?

I know. Heaven forbid you might have to work for something for a change. :roll:

you have to UPGRADE the defenders, go back to the person that lets you into the cyclopese room and show it to em, only THEN will they drop the next defender (in your case, iron) keep these, because if you lose your rune defender and you dont have your addy one in the bank, you will have to earn your way back up ALL OVER AGAIN :evil:

Do you know this by experiance? Just wondering, Ive seen alot of people just say random stuff about the update that is no where near true.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Do you know this by experiance? Just wondering, Ive seen alot of people just say random stuff about the update that is no where near true.

It's true and proof is in the knowledge database.

+1 on Bubsa

I kill em for training..I don't care about those Defender things, i'm waiting for the place to die down and it might be good for training if you got a lot of tokens

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

That's my freakin point... you work for somthing and you have to rely on luck to get it... YEAH there's work involved in even being up there in the first place. I'd gladly pay 100000 of those tickets for a rune defender... just to avoid all of the human competition and the luck factor, which are the two must frustrating things in the game.

That's my freakin point... you work for somthing and you have to rely on luck to get it... YEAH there's work involved in even being up there in the first place. I'd gladly pay 100000 of those tickets for a rune defender... just to avoid all of the human competition and the luck factor, which are the two must frustrating things in the game.

you think the cyclopese are bad this update? (my freind just told me about how bad it is) i had to do the PRIEST IN PERIL quest when it first came out. 1000 people shoved into an 11 square room competing for 1 monster with a 2 minute respawn time. i waiting until 1 am, where i luckily beat out the other 700 people on the server trying to fight it.

theres actually a choice for you:

1. subsribe to WoW like i did and fall in love with the instance system

-or-

2. wait a week for all the buzz to die down and train there. itll be just as abandoned as upstairs in the buildings across from the Varrock magic shop.

72 construction. Also a proud member of SODB

siggehkr2.png

well people are annoying, but i mean thats how it goes.

i spent about an hour in that room for like 50 kills. and I was getting ALOT of kills... i was the only person on my world 2 beable to kill 2 cyclopses repetively for a long duration

i havent had a bronze defender yet.

the rumor is tho, once u get bronze they are supposed to be LITTLE more frequently dropped

jessy61071.png

its in kb that you have to upgrade it and i dont recommend going there now i was there in there for 12 minutes there way to many ppl to make it worthwhile to get one IMO cuz i got a killa minute because i had to wait for the one i was killing to come back and hope i was faster than other ppl cuz there like 30 ppl waitin on one monster

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png