the famous phat dupe

ikraz66

Jagex went imba nooby that duping day cause they banned one of my chars for it. Did anybody else find them selfs banned when it happened or?

Glidden05, Pk Jamie, Who Da funk, Qyde

Im back! I pk dk all the noob

Crackers, Phats, and all the other rares out at the time were duplicated through a bug in the trade window using AutoRune.

JageX had no idea how to stop it, so they offered lifetime membership to someone who told them how to do it, so they could duplicate stuff on their own, and in turn figure out how to stop it.

Obviously someone told them how to do this.

Jagex got owned that day/s.

Crackers, Phats, and all the other rares out at the time were duplicated through a bug in the trade window using AutoRune.

JageX had no idea how to stop it, so they offered lifetime membership to someone who told them how to do it, so they could duplicate stuff on their own, and in turn figure out how to stop it.

Then they banned the person who told them........Jagex are [bleep]in hypocrites

Ok, so I read all about this, the question however that keeps confusing me is how do you trade a non stackable item with an ammount of 0 when you don't have one to begin with. I'm assuming they used a program to do this, is this true, or did they not use a program?

Is there any way to find out which phats are real and which are not? Did this also flip all the prices, because I thought the purple was the most expensive at the time.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

funny thing is, when he told them how to do it, he got a perm ban =D>

wow that was cruel, banning the person that told you how to stop it. i never knew there was pink phats.

pker683.png

he has a phat just cause he is a p mod, now shut up about it
you're right, it's like giving candy to a fat kid and punch him when he eats it

No there was/is no way to see which are "real" and which are "fake".

And they didn't flip so to speak. Pink was the most expensive at the time, hence it being the most commonly duped. Because it was duped the most it went from most expensive to least. The other pretty much just bumped up a spot.

~Dave

In almost complete retirement.

goodbye0vx.png

hmm i think we can all learn a lesson from this. Never trust Jagex :^o . they will not hesitate to ban you for the next big bug even if you help them get rid of it. I will therefore never use the report bug feature. Too bad durial never had a chance to hide what he did :wall:

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

hmm i think we can all learn a lesson from this. Never trust Jagex :^o . they will not hesitate to ban you for the next big bug even if you help them get rid of it. I will therefore never use the report bug feature. Too bad durial never had a chance to hide what he did :wall:

how about never trust players that could end up getting u banned

ROFL Life time supply of Membership, I wish I got that O:)

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

yeah i read about it and this no lie that half of phats now were created then :)

More like 90%...

Although, Jagex made a statement several months ago that there were less party hats in circulation now then before the dupe, so take that for what is worth.

Also, some of the duped crackers wont give a party hat. Of course youll never know its duped or not until you actually crack it, so its as safe a buy as anything really.