About "Hidden Update" posts.

whocares

I think these posts are getting really annoying and I see them in general and p2p general sections. Most of these so called "hidden updates" are not hidden at all and everyone whos logged into runescape once can notice them. So please stop spamming the general section. TY.

smallsigr.jpg

Not everybody knows about these so called "hidden updates". If you don't like the posts, don't view them either....

So if you're interested in finding some hidden updates wouldn't you look through a couple of pages to find them first? Instead of running into one and claiming you've found it and its all new when, if you had searched, could've already been posted? It really does get irritating.

How many runescape players does it take to change a lightbulb?

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

THE MODS THERE ARE COMPLETE AND UTTER IDIOTS!

So why are you here?

should be a sticky at the top of the page where a mod posts all the hidden updates announced, that way ppl could check em before they posted.

another way to fix this would be if jagex would announce their "hidden" updates on at least the forums.

w4M8t.png

Not everybody knows about these so called "hidden updates". If you don't like the posts, don't view them either....

So if you're interested in finding some hidden updates wouldn't you look through a couple of pages to find them first? Instead of running into one and claiming you've found it and its all new when, if you had searched, could've already been posted? It really does get irritating.

Point taken

but also most of these people are nice enough to put "hidden update" in the sumbect title, so you don't really have to view them

While one or two genuine ones per update is ok, any more and you start to push down topics that are probably informative and popular. Plus, looking at how people don't go back even a few pages (most people, not all), means you won't be seeing that topic for a while once it goes to page 2 while the first page gets filled with hidden update topics.

1 to change the bulb and the other 49 to complain about how it was better before.

So why are you here?

He has a point. It depends on what the post is, some hidden updates are helpful to know. Some posts are just like, "I havn't got any birds nests recently, did Jagex make them rarer?!?!?" Completely dumb....

tippysiggy.jpg

whats this got to do with runescape? and p2p at that? :-k

What has that post got to do with this thread.

What im saying is this is probably gunna end up getting locked because its not concerning runescape so its pretty much just spam like the hidden update threads your talking about :roll:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

What im saying is this is probably gunna end up getting locked because its not concerning runescape so its pretty much just spam like the hidden update threads your talking about :roll:

what are you talking about? this whole topic is about runescape :P \'

tmpphpnppgpw.png

lol no its complaining about hidden update threads and a thread about posts has nothing to do with runescape

lol no its complaining about hidden update threads and a thread about posts has nothing to do with runescape

:-k , no #-o

tmpphpnppgpw.png

so what is it about? =;

so what is it about? =;

It's a topic addressing the fact that people are posting too much of this hidden updates amungst the game of RuneScape every week when there is an update :D No updates on RuneScape = No hidden update posts = no this post. It all links together in the end :-({|=

So why are you here?

I'm going to have to agree that they are all very annoying. When they first started being posted I thought it was cool... now its graphical updates that they Jagex doesnt mention because they really arent that important. People should take the clue.

Torlen.png

Ok there are alot of topics being made about hidden updates. There should really be somewhere for people to see the "hidden" updates. Maybe one guy keeps a topic up and people pm them the updates. Sorry scratch that, people would still flame saying that it is old. I see no cure for the hidden update topics! #-o

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

Ok there are alot of topics being made about hidden updates. There should really be somewhere for people to see the "hidden" updates. Maybe one guy keeps a topic up and people pm them the updates. Sorry scratch that, people would still flame saying that it is old. I see no cure for the hidden update topics! #-o

Exactly what I was thinking. I think that a sticky aught to be made at the top of the General P2P and General forums that are purely there to catalog all of the Hidden updates that come along with an official update. One post at the top being the place where it is all compiled and the remainder can be a spot to post about a hidden update. That way it gets it off the boards and people will see the Hidden updates!

Exactly what I was thinking. I think that a sticky aught to be made at the top of the General P2P and General forums that are purely there to catalog all of the Hidden updates that come along with an official update. One post at the top being the place where it is all compiled and the remainder can be a spot to post about a hidden update. That way it gets it off the boards and people will see the Hidden updates!

But then how can one comfirm that one update is new and one isn't that is the problem I see in it. I guess the flaming would be one key in finding out. :wink:

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

should be a sticky at the top of the page where a mod posts all the hidden updates announced, that way ppl could check em before they posted.

another way to fix this would be if jagex would announce their "hidden" updates on at least the forums.

+1

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops