Infamous Runescape Classic Dupe

darkblade656

Man, I started my 1st account (Adamecho) in early 01. I played for a little bit, then came back for a bit in 2003. I began hardcore gaming in june 2004. kinda makes me regret not playing at that time, id be a rich son of a mother now...

sigsn9.jpg

Who cares? You guys say Durial is the best guy ever? Then this guy would be your idol.

He dropped prices. Jagex didn't like that, so they kicked him, and hundreds others. I kinda wish I had gotten in on it (I had seen him pass me in RS1 when the dupe was actually going on, stupid me...).

In other words, those sites are safe, but don't post a topic on it, it's just plain stupid.

Because it was bad and in the past we shouldn't talk about it?

No one's idolizing any single person either, it's simple history. It's as simple as mentioning Hitler in WWII. Sure, no one likes him, but we use the name commonly because it was a part of the event.

The author of this thread *probably* should have searched around for another topic on this first, but since he posted something, I decided to help him out and answer his question ASAP.

EDIT: No one even mentioned the name durail either...

For some reason Hitler is censored in RS :?

Anyway, on topic, I heard about it a while ago.

It's an intresting read but I don't support what they did, it hurt a lot of players.

For some reason Hitler is censored in RS :?

it's offensive to alot of people, so jagex censors it. let's not get into a debate about justified censorship; people can be stupid and offended by it, and jagex will comply and censor it. period.

and correct me if i'm wrong, but i could've sworn dragon squares alced for 60k each... cannons parts would've been twice as fast (again, correct me if i'm wrong, i think the minicannon quest was before legends)

paganini smiley face rocks my world :boohoo: (why is it boohoo? :? )

ubersig2se0.jpg

The prices would have been ridiculous if the dupe never happened the pink p hat which was the most expensive was already around 25-30mill and that was several years ago...

pandapk2.jpg

The prices would have been ridiculous if the dupe never happened the pink p hat which was the most expensive was already around 25-30mill and that was several years ago...

Rofl they weren't that much.

cyco_1.jpg

Holocaust = millions of innocent people died at the hands of a Tyrant.

Phat dupe = Hundreds of pixels were duped by a couple of guys.

Wow the parrelell is so close! :^o

+1 :lol:

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

kaitnieks,just used the program he didn't make it :\ he made scar.

i was a cheater :oops: :( thats why i know.

sixfeetunder or whatever discovered it supposably, from what i remmeber atleast kaitnieks was just his garden tool in crime

Sorry, but was the guy's name "6 ft under"?

If so, at least now I know why he disappeared from the highscores and hasn't signed on since I came back to RS =(.

I like how the owner of the site referred to the phats as " silly hats"...i like that cause it does show how hyped people are over an item that they shouldnt even posess. Like the holiday items dropped now...all are untradable cause jagex didnt seem to realize that making phats tradable bak then went bad. Meh...lol, like how these people anarch over jagex..kinda funny to see someone playing god in RS. Wow...if that dupe didnt happen...cant imagine how much phats would be now =\

You people never cease to amaze me.

I don't even know where to begin defending myself because your accusations are so narrow-minded.

I was merely attempting to say, to the person that I quoted, that recalling such an event won't result in the glorification of names associated with that event. I used an extreme example, sure, but you should get the point. I am in NO way comparing the magnitudes of the events or in anyway way saying that they are somehow parallel in anyway further than both events tend to have people associated with them. I was merely making a small point, as was stated above. As a matter of fact, it's almost incredible that you thought I would make such a comparison. You have to take in consideration that we were talking about the PEOPLE and how they can become famous because of certain events.

Sometimes, at least around here, you have to use obvious, well known comparisons because most people are young in this forum.

I'm sorry that you had to actually pick that apart and make something out of nothing, especially when I was quite satisfied and even put forth a very large, useful source of information on this topic.

And to make this something besides a rant...

Rofl they weren't that much.

They were more around 12-15 mil before the dupe happened as I remember.

The lowest the the phats got was something like whites being 3.5 and blues around 5 (not completely sure on the blue). Actually, it was about the time that I bought my phat when whites surpassed the reds in cost, mainly due to the amazingly high demand for white phats. I bought my white about then for 4 mil just after prices began to rise. It turned out to be the best investment I ever made. :)

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

You people never cease to amaze me.

I don't even know where to begin defending myself because your accusations are so narrow-minded.

I was merely attempting to say, to the person that I quoted, that recalling such an event won't result in the glorification of names associated with that event. I used an extreme example, sure, but you should get the point. I am in NO way comparing the magnitudes of the events or in anyway way saying that they are somehow parallel in anyway further than both events tend to have people associated with them. I was merely making a small point, as was stated above. As a matter of fact, it's almost incredible that you thought I would make such a comparison. You have to take in consideration that we were talking about the PEOPLE and how they can become famous because of certain events.

Sometimes, at least around here, you have to use obvious, well known comparisons because most people are young in this forum.

I'm sorry that you had to actually pick that apart and make something out of nothing, especially when I was quite satisfied and even put forth a very large, useful source of information on this topic.

And to make this something besides a rant...

Sometimes it's amazing how people don't bother to read posts before flaming me. I wasn't talking about you (obviously if you beothered to read) i was talking to the poster above me k? *rolls eyes*

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

i'm fairly sure i remember pinks being 18-20 mil. but i digress

i can remember them being at 21m at the (cabbage or flower?) patch just west of varrock palace thing. they were some of the best times in rs :) \'

and i think santas were about 200k then :P

I know this was quite a bit after the fact, but as a reference point, I can tell you that purples were 14m on christmas 2004.

EDIT:Does anyone else remember the not-so-famous item dupe glitch in the RS2 beta, using the seers party room chest? The one where any items you duped were lost anyway when they wiped beta saves? :(

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

They offered hima lfietime membership that was really a ban.. he shudd have asked for it in writing and sued them if they banned lol

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png