Tip.It Times Presents: The Old Nite

oddfaery2

The old nite I'm sure is a great guy from all these stories I've heard it is amazing how kind he is. His death is truly a loss for all of runescape. I would have loved to known him it is a pity I didn't ever meet him. It was also a great article and yuo were very lucky to meet him.

untitled6kv7.gif

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:boohoo: RIP... :( Not many good players are left these days...and they all are disappearing one by one due to various causes...

Currently P2P.

I don't want the world to see me, 'cause I don't think that they'd understand.

Formerly known as: Ghstkill8, Serene Ghst, Genius Goats

I would like to express how deeply sad I am to hear about the passing of the old nite. Sadly I never got a chance to know him in the game but I would like to share a few things. I started playing runescape and looking at some of the top players, such as The Old Nite and having a deep respect for his dedication to the game and thinking wow maybe someday I can be a fraction of that level. I have heard so many good things about what a kind person he was in the game. It's amazing how even when we don't know someone, it's a bond of gaming that somehow brings us close together and we feel a great loss. I send my deepest condolences to the family and loved ones of the old nite. God bless you always to a dedicated and greatly missed player in the runescape community. :(

12am_Walker

I never knew him, but I think I have a screenshot of him on highscores, though it's after he had passed away and his character of course had gone down in rank. I wish I had known him, he seemed nice. There's alot of people like him, but very few that are the famous top 3. :)

R.I.P. The Old Nite

-Wolfy

(Owner of ARSCV)

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Once again rest in piece old nite. You will be missed by many and remembered by even more. I wish he could be remembered in game some how it would be a touching statment by jagex. I know its probably too much to ask. Perhapps a statue with the examine being " a statue of (an or the) old knight". I know its not likly to ever happen but still it wuld be nice to see.

I miss you Justice my angel on earth and now in heaven " quem di diligunt, adolescens moritur " for whom the gods love die young. April 6th 2005 - February 17th 2009

awesome article

i only met him once it was when he was getting 99 rc and i needed nats and he did double nats with one of the companies i got to talk to him a little because i needed 500 nats he was a nice guy he the only one of the top players to have talked to me everytime ive seen n0va or zezima they either ignore and have public off or something but he actually talked which was cool he never added me to friends list sadly too bad he passed even though i met once i could tell he was an awesome guy

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

Very well put together for a Runescape Legend.

He always remembered that behind every game's character was a live breathing person. Someone who played the game with emotion and feelings. If we can learn anything from The Old Nite, it would be to treat everyone wish respect, no matter who they are. Sometimes in the excitement of playing the game we can forget that there is a person on the other end of that character, whether young or older. It simply doesn't matter.

Being a Legend in the game can be achieved through different ways. The Old Nite had perfect stats, but look at all the people he said a simple "hi" to. That's the best kind of legend there can be.

99 Att, Str, Def, HP, magic, cook, fire, wc, mining, fletch, prayer, fish, farm

Over 2100 skill

134 combat

Excellent, excellent article, I don't know where Tip.it finds people like you Metallica who write such amazing and touching pieces...

I think this should be a must-read for all critics of Runescape who say that the top players are snobby nerds who never talk to anyone. With the recent interviews of Zez and N0va still fresh in mind, I now have increasing respect for Runescape, even though I already loved it, now that I see the class and character of all of the greats. It is too bad that we now have lost one of the "Fantastic Four" - Zez, N0va, Lilly, and of course The Old Nite. I was shocked to hear of his passing but I am sure that he has positively touched so many people and has had a lasting influence on Runescape.

My prayers go out to "Tom" and all of his family and may Jagex finally get a clue about their game's top players and erect a statue of The Old Nite in the Dual Arena, the last place he ever tred.

If Bush's war was about money, we'd still be fighting WWII

Yes, a wonderfully written article. Touching and simple, but yet full of meaning.

Even though I have never seen The Old Nite before, he seemed like a pretty nice guy to me. He has proven to us that being kind to people is not difficult, just a warm greeting of "hi" can make people feel warm inside the heart. Yes, he is truly a legend. O:)

To The Old Nite:

Dear Old Nite,

Even though I have never spoken to you before, I was truly touched by your story. Thanks for your great contribution to the Runescape community. We all feel sad that you departed from us so early, without giving us the chance to say "thank you". You will be remembered forever, by each and everyone of us. Your trueful and kind heart will touch every one of us, and we will spread your love for us to the rest of the Runescape community. Rest in peace my mate and leave the past behind, but keep in mind that we will be praying for you and your family. :pray:

Yours Truly,

Ltfairy

RS Player Since 2006

Ltfairy.png

RIP The Old Nite..The part about when he logged and knowing you would never talk to him again made me feel very sad :cry:

RIP again

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

yea.. sucks that he's gone.. =/.. but yea.. zezima's a guy.. pretty sure... im a good friend of terdmcmuffin if anyone remembers him.. he was around bak then when when there was like 3k people playing rsc.. says he used to play with the old nite and his wife every now and then... he'd talk to zezima while fishing in the fishing guild bak then.. says he remembers zezima complaining about all these people messaging him and etc heh.. well yea... got him to get bak into rs.. jus waiting for him to get his comp.. says zezima like round mid 20s or so now.. prob..

eric.... tired of random stupid noobs messaging me saying.. hey or watever trying to make friends with me just because they think im rich..... get off my bak.. cause your getting ignore unless i actually know u.. gawd.. leave me alone..