Tip.It Times Presents: The Old Nite

oddfaery2

i had always seen those people who would say the old nite was the best runescape player there was. i did not know that they were not talking about levels. it would have been an honor to have met him. another legend has gone let's make sure that THIS one 'never dies' i'm sure that others can express that better than i but truley, levels aside, it's the person that counts. anyone wiling to chat with the lower- leveled people around him/her and to be the type of person that he was, that is what runescape should be.

imagine if everyone were like that...the world would be a better place.

Requiescat In Pace.

tipitlessersigea3.png

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hiya..id like to say that im touched by hearing the pass away from the old nite..altrough i dont know him, i know he is a legend..every1 was talking about him.. i think most ppl really get touched by hearing his pass away..

R.I.P The Old Nite :cry:

I don't even reply to these articles, however good they are. But I decided that for the memory of The Old Nite this thread should gather up the most replies an article on tip.it has ever seen. When I heard of his passing I was also shocked as many others. Now with this article and the story i heard from a friend of mine, I am truly convinced of how good a man, player and friend he was.

Rest in peace The Old Nite...

i once saw him in edg, he was rcing as he was 98 then, the day afther he had 99 and sins then i never saw him gain any exp, i was like wa :-k then it came out that he passed away :cry:

rip old nite, seem one of his last wishes was to get all stats maxed out

my regreds to his son :(

seasonmovingsig1bo.jpg

Great article. He was a great guy. I met him at the law temple runecrafting in world 66. He was getting his last few levels. When I said hi to him, he replied back. That alone made my day :)

RIP The Old Nite

fastforce.png

lunarvu1.png

I saw him once, and he spoke to me to.

I just liked him, but i never saw him after that again.

I had respect for him, trying to be number one, having all skills to 99, and having lots of friends. Maybe he be a legend for the Runescape community, and may he rest in peace.

With all my repect,

Master nl

I know this is my first post, but that because I'm active enough on other popular forums and there's no need for me to stress my forum hugging even more.

I felt the urge to react to this though... it's very well written... love it.

R.I.P.

~ Littleguard

bouncesig30k5ww.gif

By Woopidoo2

Bounce's true age is unknown to the most powerful of mortals

It's not easy for anyone to say "R.I.P." or "Goodbye friend" online, but imagine how his family and close friends must feel. It's great how all of the Tip.It community came together and comemorated a fallen friend.

R.I.P. The Old Nite

I had never known he passed away.... R.I.P

kamykazee wrote:

First of all i would like to say that i indeed regret the passing of "the person,the man" that was The Old Nite,and not the runescape player.

But just because you said "hello" and he would reply (which btw is a NECESSARY thing which every educated person should know to do ) doesn't mean he was a great person,a "legend" as you call him.He was just and ordinary person who played Runescape for fun and a personal comment would be that knowing he was sick he should have stopped playing runescape long ago and lived the last months of his life properly.

"a legend "....would he be less of a great person if he wouldn't have been #2 player?Yes.would he have been so omagiated?No.

He would have just been an anonymous player.A legend is not a person who does something to help somebody in real life and in the real world...not by playing a game and beeing one of the highest ranked players.

Therefore i would wish kindly to stop with these pittiful cryes as he is just another one of milions of people who die every year...

Ofcourse all this is just my oppinion and view of things and if you do not agree than it is your right as this is mine to rant

Thank you

You obviolsly had absolutly no interaction with this person, or have known him at all. And by saying "stop with these pittiful cryes as he is just another one of milions of people who die every year... " shows no respect for anyone who has ever passed on. Would you not gieve if your friend has passed away? That is what we are all doing, because though many of us may not know him personaly, we are touched by this incident and how great he was, not neccisarly as a player of Runescape, but as a person. :(

May you rest i peace forever more.

(Note: I'm sorry for my mispellings.)

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

Guest rsd95

I can't believe it.....i cant.....i..... :cry: ......

R.I.P.....The Old Nite

My greatest idol in Runescape......gone....just like that

My friend in Runescape who knows The Old Knight in RL told me that The old nite was just on visiting his mom.....then later on he told me that The Old nite had realy passed away and didnt want to tell me because he knew that i would be realy sad... :cry:

I was reading the artical.. thinking how lucky Metalica was that he new this legend, when for some reason i went to world 2.. The 1st person i saw, (while still reading the artical) was a guy names Tee_Old_Nite. At first i thought it was the_old_nite.. untill i realised tey were lvl 89. Then as i walk into Fally gardens, with private chat off, i saw Metallica56 buying a archer ring or something. Metallica being a mod, i was able to see them writing, but i couldn't find them after they said "tyvm".

I just think its a bit strange that i see the writer of the aritcle AND someone with an idenitcal name in the same place same time, while reading the article!

1800+ TOTAL LVL --- 1170+ F2P TOTAL --- 266+ QuestPoints, Proud Owner Of A Quest Cape

=========================

||Check out my blog||

=========================

Chezy_Boi.png