Why Does Everyone Hate Firemaking?

I myself find it a fun skill to train, plus it is easy total levels. But noone trains it, f2p or p2p, more people are training construction or farming than it.

The question is, why?

Heres Why.

1. People, especailly f2p, steal your logs as you try to burn them.

2. No real importance on f2p

3. Limited Use Overall

I say, let us all be firemakers! \'

Sig

there is only a limit where you can go with firemaking that limit is pretty much reached at level 1.

You don't know that much about firemaking do you?

You can burn better logs at higher firemaking levels (Yes I know, that doesn't really serve a real purpose but it shows that the limit is higher). You can also make lanterns with it for the p2p dungeon. I've always found it a fun skill, not sure why but it just is.

Hosan.png

The best benefit of Fm comes at 65, when you can light up those mining helmets, so you don't have to carry your light source in your inv.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids

Sadly I myself am lacking in Firemaking, and the reason is simply as you said, NO USE IN F2P. True there are total benefits, but with my low stats that isnt feasible anyway.

I really think Jagex should stop and try to build on the firemaking skill. I dont have even a remote idea as to how, but I'm sure there are those who do.

Oh and flamers, BRING IT ON!!!

Who ever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I live I will kill you, if I die you are forgiven.

nacht07.png

I really think Jagex should stop and try to build on the firemaking skill. I dont have even a remote idea as to how, but I'm sure there are those who do.

Agreed. I only have 30 firemaking because i needed it for the sea slug quest (P2P.) Someday I might go for 49 fm for the bullseye larnters, but nothing after that.

EDIT: And, little use in P2P too, take a tinderbox, and a lartern into the cave and you will be fine. Theres not much F2P use for firemaking after lv 15, cause by then, normal logs burn first go.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

I personally think Firemaking should stay: every single aspect of it. But the SKILL must go. I mean, what skill is there in lighting fires? How about we can light every type of log, any type of helmet, without any skill requirements.

You certainly don't need Agility levels to run, or a "Eating" Skill to eat different foods, or "Water-Gaining" to get water, so why "Firemaking" to make fires?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

.You certainly don't need Agility levels to run, or a "Eating" Skill to eat different foods, or "Water-Gaining" to get water, so why "Firemaking" to make fires?

Because firemaking isnt something you learn naturally, try getting a 5year old to light a fire and i doubt they could, try getting them to eat/drink/run and they can.

And people train it because its quick, easy exp and the levels get you a better total.

90 Combat 1900+ Total

99 Crafting 99 Cooking 99 Firemaking

99 Herblore 99 Fletching 98 Farming

silverandblackfinishvr8.gif

And therefore, A baby can walk as soon as its born? Or talk? Does that mean we need a Talking Skill, since you can't naturally talk when you are born?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

fm is fun... but its prety boring and pointless... (no use) but its easy lvling...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I personally think Firemaking should stay: every single aspect of it. But the SKILL must go. I mean, what skill is there in lighting fires? How about we can light every type of log, any type of helmet, without any skill requirements.

You certainly don't need Agility levels to run, or a "Eating" Skill to eat different foods, or "Water-Gaining" to get water, so why "Firemaking" to make fires?

1) As far as the helmets go, game balance.

2) Running, eating, and filling a jug with water are very mundane normal things. While at first you might not think so, try making a fire in just a minute in real life. A tinder box is not near as easy to light a fire with as you might think. It's not like it's a box of matches. Think of making a fire manually in real life, at first it's extremely hard but as you practice it gets easier and easier. It really is a true skill.

Hosan.png

Why does everyone HAS to have a certain use of a skill when you train it? People who have 90 slayer, and still keep training with the goal of 99, don't do it cause there is a big monster to kill there right?Cause there isn't one, Isn't the game about getting experience? I like firemaking, use or no use.

99 Slayer since August 2007.

Of course Firemaking is a true skill: but how much of a skill is it to make it having levels from level 1 - 99? What is the difference, please; between lighting a willow log and an oak log, or simply a lantern?

Besides, talking and walking are all skills humans cannot naturally do. Does that mean a skill is needed for them too? Maybe, a social skill; since it is also a real skill in real life?

There is a fine line between realism and in-game plausibility, which this skill fails on both accounts.

~Toxicologist~