Tour De Runescape! F2P And P2P ... possible 1.8M in prizes!

Excl

i have an idea, post people at all the teleport poitns throughout the f2p world this will stop people teleporting, also make soem characters called 'race coordinator' or soemthing and add all the competitors to the friends list on these guys so there is no way then can switch world, tele then switch back..!!

:D

| from a to b - f2p/p2p staker | Private chat - Currently on | click here to view my blog

sigiw1.jpg

lol00bf5.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should have the race go through the wilderness, that would be so much fun.

It does...The Edgeville Bridge is in the Wildy.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

i have an idea, post people at all the teleport poitns throughout the f2p world this will stop people teleporting, also make soem characters called 'race coordinator' or soemthing and add all the competitors to the friends list on these guys so there is no way then can switch world, tele then switch back..!!

We've already thought of this. :mrgreen:

And even with everyone added to my friends list, I'm thinking the minute it takes to wait till it lets you log back in would likely mess up anybody trying to do it that way anyway.

You should have the race go through the wilderness, that would be so much fun.

This race already brushes on the level 1 wilderness. I didn't want to go TOO deep into the wild, as I could just imagine hundreds of people lining the sides of the course and jumping on the competitors as they race by ... would probably look similar to Lance Armstrong on those mountain stages. :mrgreen:

I don't like how there's only 2 divisions. Someone with 99 agility would easily beat someone with 2 agility. Maybe you should have lvl 1 Agility, lvl 2-20 agility, lvl 30-60 agility, etc., I don't know.

If you have low agility and don't think you can compete with the high agility class ... then just create a pure character and run with him instead. I'll let the winners tell me which account to award the prizes to.

Have you considered the people with high agility and the F2P people with 1 agility?

Yes, as I mentioned above ... there is now a 1-agility category with equal prizes awarded. If you are a member and have low agility greater than one, you are free to make a new account for the race.

Also, people could just follow other players, so they don't have to click.

Hey, it's a strategy you could use. :wink:

Just keep in mind that you would have to pick the right guy in the first place, and that you're already subjecting yourself to a second place finish, since it's going to be hard to make up those extra 2 or 3 steps. Plus, people could use a building or tree to mess you up, and then you'd really be in trouble.

problem is that a person could get a friend to wait with them, after they verify take their essence and walk off or log off/tele...and once you have verified them it is too late as their may well be too many people for you to watch that closely.

Another thing to look out for is friends shouting each others names as they run through the checkpoint. If you look only at what they said instead of their name it could be a problem. Otherwise it sounds like an interesting idea.

sir%20nomad.gif

To nomader's post: Trading with a friend would definitely make one lose LOTS of time. Besides 28 rune ess wont really make you weigh much. Think of rune ess like wonder bread.

Then again, I already found a way to shave off some kg...

Well anyway, I was wondering if we have to wear leather gloves or boots, because gloves alone weigh 1kg, which probably would make me lose a good 2 seconds of energy recharge.

I think you should make people shw you the ess at the finish. That would stop a lot of cheating.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

I think you should make people shw you the ess at the finish. That would stop a lot of cheating.

We are ... at least those who we want to award prizes to. Dropping ess, likely won't help you much either as you would likely waste more time dropping and resupplying yourself, than the amount of time advantage you would give yourself. Plus, we've got eyes all over the place (and not to mention, in the race) So anybody catching somebody doing something sketchy is going to be reported.

To nomader's post: Trading with a friend would definitely make one lose LOTS of time. Besides 28 rune ess wont really make you weigh much. Think of rune ess like wonder bread.

Exactly, this is the reason why we chose rune ess ... it doesn't weigh much. Dropping ess will likely gain you only a second or two, while having to dump it and trying to get some back before the finish will waste a lot more time.

Then again, I already found a way to shave off some kg...

And what is that?

Well anyway, I was wondering if we have to wear leather gloves or boots, because gloves alone weigh 1kg, which probably would make me lose a good 2 seconds of energy recharge.

No, you are not required to wear any sort of boots or gloves. Just the items listed in the rules. And you must be wearing those items through the checkpoints too. :wink: