Tour De Runescape! F2P And P2P ... possible 1.8M in prizes!

Excl

WHAT: The Tour De Runescape

WHEN: July 15th, 4:00 pm GMT (5pm London Time. 12 noon Eastern Daylight Time, 9am Pacific Daylight Time)

WHERE: Free to Play - World 75

PRIZES: 1.250 MILLION in gold confirmed! There's a potential for 1.8 million in prizes if everyone who's offered to put up money comes through. First, 2nd and third in each division (F2P, P2P) are guaranteed some prize, while other prizes could be rewarded for random accomplishments. (Anyone is welcome to donate to the winners purse.)

Sponsored By:

wg-sig2.jpg

With the Tour De France in full swing this month ... we'd thought we would kick off our very own Tour De Runescape! The object is to run through various checkpoints throught the Free To Play world and be the first to cross the finish line.

RULES:

Please read these rules carefully, and understand them. Any broken rule will result in a disqualification! No exceptions!

1) TOUR COURSE.

Click HERE for the Course Map

The blue line is the suggested route, and the purple is the required route that needs to be taken through checkpoints. You're allowed to deviate slightly from the blue route, as long as you pass through the checkpoints using the purple route. For example you MUST go around the outside of the varrock fountain, you can NOT cut the corner. However, you are permited to go under the farming fields near Draynor Village as long as you get back to the road and pass the #7 checkpoint to the north of the sheep field. NO TELEPORTING OR WORLD SWITCHING IS ALLOWED!

The required checkpoints and routes are as followed:

Starting Gate: You must start behind the line where the dark brown meet the light brown tiles at the entrance of shantay pass. More on this later.

Check #2: You must go around the east side of the Al Kahrid mine before turning west and heading towards Varrock.

Check #3: You must go around the northwest side of the Varrock fountain, before heading around the east side of the castle.

Check #4: You must go across the Edgeville bridge heading east to west.

Check #5: You must enter the north gate of Faldor heading into town from the north and then heading southeast towards the south eastern gate.

Check #6: You must go around the outside fence of the Rimmington Mine, along the western side, before heading east towards Draynor.

Check #7: You must go around the northern fence of the Lumbridge Sheep Field before heading south towards the Lumbridge Castle. You may not cut through the field.

Finish Line: First person through the Lumbridge Castle gate wins! You must be coming from the North part of Lumbridge.

I need at least 3 other volunteers helping me work checkpoints, but I will take as many as I can get. Anyone who would like to volunteer, please let me know.

2) QUALIFYING BEFORE THE START.

This part is very important! Show up 15-20 minutes before the start of the race to ensure that you get in! The starting area is the Shantay Pass, south of AL Kahrid. Before you can enter the starting area, you must walk up to me at the entrance of the Shantay Area and trade with me (Excl) so that I can verify you and add you to the race list. Once you are verified, head south of the start line and wait for me to call runners to the start line.

For race-day you must be wearing ALL of the following: (I will verify by looking at you)

- A black priest gown purchasable from Varrock Clothes Shop (VCS)

- Black priest bottoms (VCS)

- A red Cape (VCS)

- A wooden Shield (Spawns north of Varrock)

- A bronze dagger (Dagger shop, or smith with lvl 1 smithing)

You must carry in your inventory:

- A full load of 28 rune ess (show me all 28 in the trading screen, and then cancel the trade window)

That should put you at 6 kilos of weight for the race, and everyone should be equally outfitted so we can identify you coming through checkpoints.

3) THE START.

After I call runners to the line, everyone needs to line up ON OR BEHIND the three dark brown squares at the entrance of the Shantay Pass area. I will be standing on the Light Brown Squares, so just make sure you are one square south of me, and you'll be good.

I will say something to the effect, of "Runners get ready!" ... "G.O.!!!!!!!!!" Beware of other people yelling out go. Only me saying go counts! Any runners caught saying "Go" will be disqualified.

4) THE RACE.

During the race, you can NOT:

- Trade with other players.

- Teleport.

- Switch Worlds.

- Dump your ess payload.

- Miss a checkpoint.

If you see anyone breaking rules, you can pm me during or after the race. I'm going to have plenty of spies out there, so don't even try it!

5) THE CHECKPOINTS.

This part is also important! As you are running through the checkpoints, type out your name and enter it as you run through the checkpoint. That way our volunteers can keep record of who passed through what checkpoint ... and in what position. If anyone misses a checkpoint, you will be disqualified, so make sure you don't forget! Our volunteers will be wearing full rune, and standing exactly where the markers on the map indicate. I also suggest slowly typing out your name one letter at a time as you run towards the next checkpoint, so you only need to hit "enter" as you run through ... rather than quickly having to type out your whole name. You do not have to type out your name at the start.

6) THE FINISH.

Same as with the other checkpoints, yell out your name as you cross the finish line. Ties might be broken by looking leaders at previous checkpoints, or by some other random method.

Don't get frustrated if you start getting behind early. This is a long race, and anything can happen ... one of the leaders might log off, someone might get a random event, anything! Also keep in mind that we are giving out random prizes for random finishers. We could give out a small prize for anything from the 10th finisher, to the third from last finisher. Depending on the number of racers, there could even be participation award, just for taking the time to race with us.

Best of luck to everyone, and let me know if you have any questions, if you would like to volunteer to crew, or if you would even like to sponsor/add to the race pot.

Update to Rules

(Check the section frequently for any rules updates.)

- Because of the agility skill providing longer run times in F2P worlds, we will now have TWO divisions. One for people with Agility greater than 1, and a division for people with an Agility level of 1. Both divisions will win equal prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd. The total purse has been bumped up to 400k to reflect this. IMPORTANT! If you are in the 1-lvl agility division ... you need to say, "YourName 1 Agility" or "YourName 1 agl" as you cross the finish line. We will verify your score through Jagex and offer prizes out accordingly.

- Anyone wishing to be a checkpoint official or anyone wishing to film the event, please visit this link: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autosc...corder_free.htm and download the free screen recorder. I'll likely have to officials take some video of the checkpoints for more official results, and we can consult the instant replay if needed. Get familiar with how to use this program before the race.

Other info possibly at:

http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.p...p;showtopic=724

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cool idea.

But this question ain't for f2p.

People can just deposit the essences and carry some Energy Pots...

And nowhere stands you can't use them...

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Cool idea.

yes... but if the event is for f2p and p2p it will be hosted in a f2p world which means you can't use energy pots... \'

newbankofrsyq0.gif

bannerkc5.png

foo_fighters_fan.gif

Cool idea.

yes... but if the event is for f2p and p2p it will be hosted in a f2p world which means you can't use energy pots... \'

Owya...

Tough 1 in f2p and 1 in members.

Still then members have an adance.

With their Agility, their Running energy recovers faster!

This also happens in f2p!

Cool idea.

The race will be taking place on a f2p server (World 75). Therefore, energy pots won't be an issue in the first place. I'm also going to have plenty of spies actually IN the race, as well as in banks and other areas we've thought of where people will try to cheat. If we see people showing up in banks, or dumping ess, or running so far off course, that it doesn't make sense ... it will get back to me. I've got 50 people in my clan, plus everyone racing, so there will be eyes everywhere. :anxious:

Is that really the case in a Free to Play world? I'm not positive, but I thought it had no effect in F2P. If it does, then I will likely give an equal winners take to the first 1 agility finisher. (So everyone run out and go create new accounts) :mrgreen:

Is that really the case in a Free to Play world? I'm not positive, but I thought it had no effect in F2P. If it does, then I will likely give an equal winners take to the first 1 agility finisher. (So everyone run out and go create new accounts) :mrgreen:

I read it on Tip.It's Get Around Guide.

This effect also happens in f2p...

The first 1-Agility-dude would be great :)

^If you do, I'd like the play-by-play position. :)

Heck, I can't be worse than the dribble O'Brian spews out on espn's world cup coverage. :wall:

Sounds like a fun event. I'll be there to watch, if nothing else. And if you need to set me up at a checkpoint, I'd gladly help.

nah, this doesn't sound like a good idea... too many ways to cheat :P

We're using a F2P server, which will already cut the possibly ways of cheating down tremendously. I've set the checkpoints up in areas that will make it harder to cheat, and I've got tons of clan members either running in the race, set-up at checkpoints or camping out in places where cheating would likely take place. We will have eyes everywhere. Plus at the checkpoints, we will know who's leading ... so if somebody just mysteriously appears at the top, we'll know they cheated.

And if you can think of a way somebody could cheat, let me know. Although I'll likely have a plan already in place for that.

Do you need a commentator? :D

"Ooo, he's up like a salmon!" :P

I think several guys in the clan might video this. Maybe you could coordinate with them to send you all the footage, and you can throw it all together and provide the commentary. :mrgreen:

Agility works even in the free to play worlds, so if someone with 99 agility comes along...

Well agility effects how long you can keep going for, they'll run out of energy eventually. I think there's going to be many problems to this :? Anyoone could easily teleport unnoticed to a main part of the course...unless you post people around the course (two people facing one another.) Then'll there'll be another two people up the road just visible on mini map. These people would easily be able to see if someones cheating or not.

[EDIT]After looking at the map I suggest putting people blocking areas such as barbarian village down to draynor...all places like that ;)

Well agility effects how long you can keep going for, they'll run out of energy eventually.

I've added a second divison for F2P people running with 1 agility, see the Update to rules in the first section. The purse has been bumped to 400k to accomodate this.

I think there's going to be many problems to this :? Anyoone could easily teleport unnoticed to a main part of the course...unless you post people around the course (two people facing one another.) Then'll there'll be another two people up the road just visible on mini map. These people would easily be able to see if someones cheating or not.

This is the purpose of the checkpoints and running on a F2P server. Most of the checks are near a teleport location to begin with. Being on a F2P server, there is only so many teleports available anyway. We'll be watching for world switching, but it probably won't matter much anyway, as Jagex requires a 30 second pause between world switches. With the record keeping at checkpoints, coupled by people staked out at random areas, it will pretty tough for people to cheat.

I don't like how there's only 2 divisions. Someone with 99 agility would easily beat someone with 2 agility. Maybe you should have lvl 1 Agility, lvl 2-20 agility, lvl 30-60 agility, etc., I don't know.

Everyone won't cross the finish line at the same time, since they have to decide when to stat running again, after their energy runs out. Like the Tour de France, this will mainly be strategy. I'll probably be in it.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.