Tour De Runescape! F2P And P2P ... possible 1.8M in prizes!

Excl

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For race-day you must be wearing ALL of the following: (I will verify by looking at you)

- A black priest gown purchasable from Varrock Clothes Shop (VCS)

- Black priest bottoms (VCS)

- A red Cape (VCS)

- A wooden Shield (Spawns north of Varrock)

- A bronze dagger (Dagger shop, or smith with lvl 1 smithing)

You must carry in your inventory:

- A full load of 28 rune ess (show me all 28 in the trading screen, and then cancel the trade window)

That should put you at 6 kilos of weight for the race, and everyone should be equally outfitted so we can identify you coming through checkpoints.

I think you should define what boots people wear because at the moment someone could come wearing boots of lightness and only have a weight of 2 kilos. Though I dont know if these have the same effect on a f2p world.

Aren't boots of lightness members? I know that if you are wearing them when you log on into a F2P world, they stay on, but if you aren't wearing them when you log-on, you can't put them on. Just make sure people aren't wearing them at the beginning of the race.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Boots of lightness have no effects in F2P world. Even if they did, we'd see people wearing them in the race or at the checkpoints.

Dumping your ess isn't going to work either, as I've mentioned before. First off, people IN the race will notice you and rat you out. And if you take the time to dump and then get some back before the finish, you're pretty much taking yourself out of the race anyway.

I'll try to be online more today,so anyone still wishing to be an official can try and page me.

And the good news ... we are now at 1.25 MILLION in confirmed prize money. And there's still the potential for even more.

Only one day to go!

Anyone wishing to be an official, try to pm me a good hour or more before the event. I might have to turn off private chat if things get too crazy, so I'd like to give you your instructions before then.

I'll be there fo' shure

Ow and btw, If its a long straight line, u can just follow someone -.-

ooh eeh ooh ahah, ting tang wallawallabingbang m8

Oh the day, the day is tomorrow and it begins at 9:00 for me. And anyway I have done some runs around the course a couple of times, and the race will only take about 11 to 13 minutes for a f2per to run. But for members, i wouldn't be sure because I dont have members.

My best time was 11 minutes and 29 seconds.

i did quit after the race. my rsn is swedishboy7. If anybody hear that i got a placement, please pm me here or add me on runescape, and tell me.

thanks!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Yes, I was koikitten, master of the pointless knowledge, keeping you guys entertained for the hour before the race. :D

I was also miniwish, the one that didn't read her gel penned-map properly and didn't hit the first checkpoint. In the redo race, I *believe* I got the course correct.

That was fun, and the participation prize was great, too bad I didn't realize it went to my spare account and not my main. Oh well, I needed money on that account anyway.

I'm surprised nobody teleported. But anyway, great race, and I can't wait for the results. :)

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies

Good race, both of the races. Evil bob struck again and we had to do 2. I beleive I was first in both races, but thats my opinion and by first I mean 1-agility. Though the first race had more people and was cooler for me because I went from 3rd from last to first place by just running past all of them in the last minute was really fun. Thanks for hosting this interesting event Excl.

BTW: I got 10k, others got 5k as the started complaining. Im wondering why I'm a bit special?

Hello everyone. I first want to apologize for having to run it twice. Jagex really screwed me over with an Evil Bob random (The longest one to do), and since I was videoing 2 of the checkpoints and the finish, I didn't really have much of a choice. Send Jagex your hate mail, not me. ;)

Thanks to everyone who participated the 2nd time! Seems like we lost about half our runners (again I apologize if you had to leave), but we did get 23 guys running in the official race ... and 19 of those guys finished. Everyone who finished the 2nd race, that could show me 28 rune ess's at the finish got 5000 gp for competing. (and for putting up with my evil bob issues)

Here are the unofficial results for now:

Okay, here are the unofficial results with the video I have so far:

P2P Division:

1) MrDoom58

2) 21Boy

3) BM Tek

4) Ki Adimonky

5) Shaft619

F2P Division:

1) I am the noob

X) Rod FastFeet (DQ'ed: Cut corner at Varrock Check)

2) Mmaattee

X) Kjoyea (DQ'ed: Cut corner at Al Kahrid Mine)

3) Ecxl

4) Kurtvegita

5) TourPure1

Other DQs: Senor Cool (Cut corner at Varrock Check)

If any of you saw anything suspicious, let me know. Some guys went from 20th to top 5 at the finish. All the footage I've seen so far seems legit, so unless you guys saw something and let me know, these will be the final standings.

I also had about 100k dropped randomly at the finish line in 20k incrememts, so a few of you might of made some extra cash. Here's the breakdown of the rest of the race purse:

For both F2P and P2P divisions:

1st place - 350k

2nd place - 200k

3rd place - 100k

Once the standings are finalized, I need the top three to post here, or message me here or in the game, so that I can arrange payment to you.

Seemed like a fun race for those who stuck around for round 2. Thanks for the turn out.