Tour De Runescape! F2P And P2P ... possible 1.8M in prizes!

Excl

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would really wanna be a marshall at one of the checkpoints!!!!! I'm lvl 77. Text me in game if you agree. My account is kai1115. You can also chat with me if you got MSN Mesenger. [email protected]

I'll try and do that today or sometime this weekend. Thanks for volunteering!

Anyone wishing to be a checkpoint official or anyone wishing to film the event, please visit this link: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autosc...corder_free.htm and download the free screen recorder. I'll likely have to officials take some video of the checkpoints for more official results, and we can consult the instant replay if needed. Get familiar with how to use this program before the race.

I can't make it.. Stupid Thursday.. :( I have my class at 10:30, and I get up at 8:30!!! :( Noooo (Pacific Standard) Oh well...

Wolfy is Officially Retired.

I miss you all (Well, mostly my friends n stuff)

If you want to talk to me, send me a message, I check the boards daily. :D

Anyone wishing to be a checkpoint official or anyone wishing to film the event, please visit this link: http://www.wisdom-soft.com/products/autosc...corder_free.htm and download the free screen recorder. I'll likely have to officials take some video of the checkpoints for more official results, and we can consult the instant replay if needed. Get familiar with how to use this program before the race.

Please send all your clips to me so I can compile them and make a commentary! :D

I'm at my summer job place during that time, so I can't come.

On a side note, I must also say that you guys are no match against me during a tour de france, I'd just use pot and crack (x2 combination, aka doping) for a big fat win. So it would be good that you included in rules that doping is not allowed.

This sounds awesome. Wish I could watch, but I have work that day. >_> Good luck to all the racers anyway.

XXXX says I'm a noob. And then keeled me with his troop of lvl 100 CW buddies.

Yay for being a Dead Noob. XD

Maybe next year I'll convince Jagex to make a yellow, green, white and polka-dotted jersey. :mrgreen:

The pot COULD be upgraded to well over a million dollars if a few people who have pledged come through. I will likely need to review game tape before awarding out prizes though, since we're dealing with so much cash.

By the way, I test ran this course with a friend. I was 10 agility higher than him, and I still only beat him by 5 steps ... it could be a really close race!

Hum... It's in the same day as the H1P event... I won't go, I prefer the H1P. Their prizes aren't as good as yours, but their events are a lot more fun! lol

Every path you have trod, through wilderness and through war, has led to this road...

Like I mentioned before, anyone wishing to be an official, please download the recorder, and try to message me in-game before Saturday. Add "Excl". You can also add "Halo Rambo" and message him as well.

I don't think it will work as perfectly as you say but go ahead and try.

troope1.gif

I will shoot down any one with my bitting wit, and sarcasm!

What POSSIBLE reason would someone have to make a fake like that?Does he profit from faking a picture like that? Does it help him at all?Jesus Christ, stop being so suspicious. This is Tip.it for God's sake, not RuneHQ. -_-

Nevermind about being a checkpoint official. It's 12 PM EST, and I might be eating lunch at that time, so it's not a good time for me. I'm not sure if I will be eating or out to somewhere at the time, but if I'm not i'll come to watch though if possible.

Thought i'd help you guys out by making a map. Start and Finish are marked on, checkpoints are marked as yellow lines on the route.

Check #5: You must enter the north gate of Edgeville heading into town from the north and then heading southeast towards the south eastern gate.

Im guessing you meant Falador

Anyway heres my map

racemap7lx.th.png

I may come along, dont really care if i dont get a prize. Excellent idea guys :D

I'm having a real hard time picturing the route of this race, even with a world map.

Is it possible you could make a picture showing it?

Click on the link in the first post ... it has a map. Or just go here: http://www.webspacearchitects.com/browns/tourmap.jpg

I'd suggest running this route a few times to get it down. Make sure you don't cut the corners at: the Al Kahrid Mine (go on east side), the Varrock fountain (go around the outside of the fountain on the northwest side) and the Rimmington mine (go all the way around the fence).

John Madden makes me feel smart. :anxious:

"Now see, the way that Brett Favre makes a lasagna is so good, he goes sauce noodle sauce cheese and HAYGAHAHAYHAGAHAHAA and thats a good lasagna, i love Brett Favre" ~ Frank Caliendo

Dude you need to correct your route on the first post. Checkpoint 5 is Falador not Edgville.

Done sorry about that. I'm surprised that nobody caught that sooner. :D

you should time the route urself, and see how long it takes in general, so that if someone finishes in a ridiculous ammount of time, you'll know something is fishy :P

We have run it and timed it, so I know what an expected time is. We're also videoing the checkpoints, so we'll know if anybody has missed a check. We've got the few teleport spots in F2P covered and most the corner cutting areas covered as well. It's going to be VERY difficult for someone to cheat. Not to mention, that trying something fishy, like stopping at a bank, is going to put you so far behind, you'll likely lose anyway.

I'm also going to take a day to verify the winners before awarding prizes. The pot could be well over a million now, so we want to make sure nobody cheated.

What if you have the level and you're not a P2P (you used to be)?

Then I would suggest creating a new character just for the race, and running in the lvl-1 agility division. The items you need are extremely cheap and easy to get, and you will be running against much more level competition

What if you have the level and you're not a P2P (you used to be)?

Then I would suggest creating a new character just for the race, and running in the lvl-1 agility division. The items you need are extremely cheap and easy to get, and you will be running against much more level competition

Could the prize (if I'm lucky) still go to my main?

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies