Tour De Runescape! F2P And P2P ... possible 1.8M in prizes!

Excl

I'm having a real hard time picturing the route of this race, even with a world map.

Is it possible you could make a picture showing it?

Click on the link in the first post ... it has a map. Or just go here: http://www.webspacearchitects.com/browns/tourmap.jpg

I'd suggest running this route a few times to get it down. Make sure you don't cut the corners at: the Al Kahrid Mine (go on east side), the Varrock fountain (go around the outside of the fountain on the northwest side) and the Rimmington mine (go all the way around the fence).

Yeah, didn't see that...somehow. :oops:

70herby.png

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could the prize (if I'm lucky) still go to my main?

Yes, I will give the prize money to whichever account the winners designate. I'll likely award the prizes the day after the race, so that I can verify that the winners made all the checkpoints and adhered to the rules.

Yes, I will give the prize money to whichever account the winners designate. I'll likely award the prizes the day after the race, so that I can verify that the winners made all the checkpoints and adhered to the rules.

You'll see me there. :)

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies

You'll see me there. :)

shadowedkittenbuddyrn0.png

Image by Drek and Buddies

the only way to cheat that comes to mind at the moment, is someone with level 29 agility that trys to run. they can say "name 1 agility" and it wont show up on the highscores. unless you get the winner to post a picture of their stats and you can verify that it is not a fake, this seems like the only way to cheat so far.

polarbeardaveyz9.png

What if some1 were to trade with a friend their rune ess and they keep racing then the friend takes a shortcut and gives it back at last checkpoint? I think you should check rune again at like check 5? :-k

=/\=

That time means 11pm here. I don't know if I can participate, but if I can, can I just pop up at the registration 'desk'? If I can't I might transfer the money to fund next Tour de Rune instead.

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

the only way to cheat that comes to mind at the moment, is someone with level 29 agility that trys to run. they can say "name 1 agility" and it wont show up on the highscores. unless you get the winner to post a picture of their stats and you can verify that it is not a fake, this seems like the only way to cheat so far.

I have my ways to verify this. :mrgreen:

What if some1 were to trade with a friend their rune ess and they keep racing then the friend takes a shortcut and gives it back at last checkpoint? I think you should check rune again at like check 5? :-k

It would take way too long to check everyone's ess in the middle of the race. Besides, I'm not worried at all about this. First, everyone in the race itself is going to be looking for people cheating like this ... nobody wants to get beat by a cheater. Second, the time it would take to trade with a friend and get back into the race is going to KILL you. Rune ess doesn't weigh that much to begin with, so you really aren't going to gain a huge advantage by dumping your load and getting it back later. Try running a test race. Missing one click can set you back a good 10 paces. Taking the time to stop at a bank or trading with a friend is going to put you WAY back. And the fact that you would have to run way off the course to avoid being seen, just adds to the time you would lose. I think the other competitors would beg more people to try this. :mrgreen:

omg!!! :D this is going to be fun...i dunt know if i can make it tho as i live in hong kong... #-o

Yeah, I apologize to our friends in eastern asia. I've had a few complaints from people in that area. Being an event open to everyone in the world, I can't really put it at a time which is going to be available to everyone, so somebody in the world isn't going to be happy. The event is on a Saturday though, so it will be a little easier to stay up late on a Saturday night/Sunday Morning (for those in east asia).

And another note ... I was donated another 100k last night, so the pot is up to 700k guaranteed and 1.8M potential. I'm still taking donations from anyone willing to donate, up until the start of the race.

I already said I'll be there but I have a question. If we have lvl 1 agility do we need to say "RSNhere 1 agility" when we run through each checkpoint? Or just the finish line?

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

they could just drop all the ess and clotes while their running
Each Route-Check point records your clothings. And you need to be checked the rune esses if you manage to get a prize.. so NO, you can't cheat with that trick.

[Admin Edit: Innapropriate Text in sig removed]

For race-day you must be wearing ALL of the following: (I will verify by looking at you)

- A black priest gown purchasable from Varrock Clothes Shop (VCS)

- Black priest bottoms (VCS)

- A red Cape (VCS)

- A wooden Shield (Spawns north of Varrock)

- A bronze dagger (Dagger shop, or smith with lvl 1 smithing)

You must carry in your inventory:

- A full load of 28 rune ess (show me all 28 in the trading screen, and then cancel the trade window)

That should put you at 6 kilos of weight for the race, and everyone should be equally outfitted so we can identify you coming through checkpoints.

I think you should define what boots people wear because at the moment someone could come wearing boots of lightness and only have a weight of 2 kilos. Though I dont know if these have the same effect on a f2p world.