Summoning - your expectations?

X31x3

hmmmm, if you could only use the monsters you summon against monsters would you have to be in a multi combat area? if so that wouldnt be very fun...

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmm, if you could only use the monsters you summon against monsters would you have to be in a multi combat area? if so that wouldnt be very fun...

IF the new list of spells was summoning and IF you could enter combat with them, im almost positive they will act like death spawns at nechryaels.

If you arent familiar with death spawns.. they

-Ignore the combat rule ~You cannot attack someone already in combat in a nonmulti zone~ aka, they treat non multi zones as multi.

-If you are already under attack by the nechryael(this would represent the "summoner"), you cant fight the death spawn(summoned monster) back. This puts you in an akward 'you can get attacked but not fight back situation'. You cant dispose of the death spawn until the Nechryael is dealt with first.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Your forgetting a very good motivation, money, if they were to make summoning, and have it has members only, the number of members would increase substantially, and Jagex would get a fiver for every new subscriber, thats alot of money if you it all up. and money, sadly, makes everything happen.

Makes sense, but if I were them... I would wait to see a drop in customers that the "uber update" could draw them back in, and then some. People are probably still caught up with Construction anyways.

Still stick with summoning coming out, but I doubt it will be a huge draw like everyone is making it out to be. I am, however, still interested how it will work. The problem is that some people are acting like it will be a whole new skill, when it more then likely wont be (even more so if that is what they are referring to in the BTS).

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

lawlercakes, maybe its Necromancy. I know they've said nothing about it, but then it would actually be a surprise. I mean do have Maligus and we have seen he do Necromancy. We do have a Necromancer tower. Oh, by the way.

Summoning = Creating new life (Somthing like that).

Necromancy = Bringing up the dead.

\'

cyco_1.jpg

lawlercakes, maybe its Necromancy. I know they've said nothing about it, but then it would actually be a surprise. I mean do have Maligus and we have seen he do Necromancy. We do have a Necromancer tower. Oh, by the way.

\'

It's possible, remember that they renamed carpentry construction.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

\'

Na I'm saying making Necromancy come out since its diffrent than summoning. ;)

But I doubt they would do that since there pretty close to being the same thing, but extremely diffrent.

cyco_1.jpg

\'

Correct me if im wrong but waaaaaaaaay back in rsc wasnt prayer called necromancing? I thought they then changed it's name from necromancing to prayer because people were uncomfortable with the evil/sick/unnatural practice of necromancing.

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

\'

Technically, construction is different from carpentry. ;)

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

\'

Technically, construction is different from carpentry. ;)

Ah man owned :( :-w

cyco_1.jpg

I just hope it doesn't take another Desert Treasure :(

I think its gonna be set up like ancients, there will be 4 different types of monsters and 4 lvls of them. The first will be like a lvl 25 the second 3 lvl 25's third will have a lvl 45 and last will have 3 lvl 45's

Or something like that.

Undead Creature~

Zombie - level 24

Ghost - level 52

Skeleton - level 72

Skeletal Dragon - level 98

Creature of Magical Essence

Fairie - v 24

Pixie - lv 52

Fairy Monk - lv 72

Angle - level 98

Monster Origin~

Goblin - level 24

Hobgoblin - level 52

Basalisk - level 72

Blue Dragon - level 98

Warrior Humans~

Man - level 24

Rellekan Warrior - level 52

Black/White Knight - level 72

Tutorial Island teacher - level 98

an idea..

penguinesigrq6.png

I just hope it doesn't take another Desert Treasure :(

I think its gonna be set up like ancients, there will be 4 different types of monsters and 4 lvls of them. The first will be like a lvl 25 the second 3 lvl 25's third will have a lvl 45 and last will have 3 lvl 45's

Or something like that.

Undead Creature~

Zombie - level 24

Ghost - level 52

Skeleton - level 72

Skeletal Dragon - level 98

Creature of Magical Essence

Fairie - v 24

Pixie - lv 52

Fairy Monk - lv 72

Angle - level 98

Monster Origin~

Goblin - level 24

Hobgoblin - level 52

Basalisk - level 72

Blue Dragon - level 98

Warrior Humans~

Man - level 24

Rellekan Warrior - level 52

Black/White Knight - level 72

Tutorial Island teacher - level 98

an idea..

the island teacher is defenetley not level 98!

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

They'll have a cool update but then ruin it by catering it toward middle lvl peeps like...

Summon dwarves to help u mine coal or silver and nothing else, but only if YOU are mining it too.

Umm...summon a fisherman that gives you nothing but tuna.

Or summon wood cutter that gives you only regular logs.

Or summon smither that only smiths cannonballs for you while you are offline and you still get the exp...Oh wait!!! that might be usefull...so he'll only smith bronze daggers.

Bla...

jamicat.png

theres no way that the new magic update is summoning. If you read the bts it says something about making everyday tasks more magical. This sounds nothing like summoning to me. So to answer your question i ahve no expectations for summoning, because it isn't coming out. Now its time for jagex to read my message and bring it out just to spurn me.

Who said summoning had to be Combat oriented anyhow?

Why couldn't summoning be a skill that you could use to assist you in training skills?

Not saying that it will definitely be like that, but it is a possibility.

No, it is not a possibility, on the first real upcoming updates plan says:

"Summoning spells - summon skeletons, demons, etc...!"

So we ain't going to summon a pie :'(

theres no way that the new magic update is summoning. If you read the bts it says something about making everyday tasks more magical. This sounds nothing like summoning to me. So to answer your question i ahve no expectations for summoning, because it isn't coming out. Now its time for jagex to read my message and bring it out just to spurn me.

Why couldn't summoning be a skill that you could use to assist you in training skills?

I wanted to summon a pie!

~check out my new siggy!

welcometors8xn.png

whatcolor_isblue.jpg

Lol... and that was posted when? About two or three years ago?

Just because they claim it'll be used a certain way then doesn't mean it will be now. The idea is just a simple concept. At that time they hadn't even started coding it.

Farming was suppose to be a part of POHs (along with Carpentry). Farming was then made a skill not even associated with POHs so that it could be brought out sooner. Carpentry had a name change and is now called Construction.

So tell me... whos to say that summoning hasn't been changed to a non combat spell list? Paul already had made mention that they were having issues with the PKing Triangle as a result of summoning. Maybe its been changed.

Shiva.jpeg

R.I.P Shiva

i dont think summoning would be that interesting, also because i'll prolly never have the mage lvl to use it. i think instead of guessing, waiting to find out what it is is more fun.... just my opinion.

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

You will be able to summon up a level 3 who will go around begging for free stuff from noobs. You will be able to summon up a level 5 that will attempt to make unsolicited trades with other noobs. You will be able to summon up a level 10 who will ask other noobs to take him to castle wars. That is what summoning will be.

I would be gravely dissapointed if Jagex was to release summoning as a branch of magic. It would be a lot more practical, however, I believe it to be confusing that they would release a "skill" that potentially thousands already have access to it's greatest abilities.

The self-proclaimed king of bronze.

did you want them to write "making everyday tasks more summoninger "

shut up

nightwish8jy.gif

You will be able to summon up a level 3 who will go around begging for free stuff from noobs. You will be able to summon up a level 5 that will attempt to make unsolicited trades with other noobs. You will be able to summon up a level 10 who will ask other noobs to take him to castle wars. That is what summoning will be.

If that were so...I'd kill each one of the "Newbs" i summoned with a quick shot.

penguinesigrq6.png