if you can cast it you can make it (f2p support!)

i dont know how many f2p people use this forum...but if your like me and power mage but cant afford the rune you need since they sell at over 100gp ea.....buying a good amount of these is way to expensive. i belive if you can cast the spell in the free world you should be able to rune craft any free rune. thoughts? support? thanks for viewing

playswithfir

While I believe that the argument that chaos runes should be craftable on freeworlds to some degree is valid to a point, the method you brought up would make things too easy.

(postscript: whichever mod banned Aftermath96, you are my hero.)

I am a tree.

the method of runecrafting the chaos runes would be the same as any other method, im not saying put the altar in the middle of falador as means of making access to to way to easy, or to drive down the price of the runes, place it in Al kahrid or somewhere not easily accessable for an everyday low level runecrafter can access...if you can get to the chaos altar then youve earned it. placing a rune altar on kajarma wouldnt be a bad idea...

chaos would be nice to make... but we wont get a short cut like the abbys...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I've always supported the campaigns to make chaos crafting for f2p...

If Jagex does not want that to happen, some sort fo compromise could happen tho:

Chaos being able to be crafted with Rune essence instead of PURE essence... <--- would certainly lower the market value of chaos runes.

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

true if jagex doesnt want to develop some sort of way for chaos runes to be made they could always drive down the price by making them cheaper in the rune stores in the port and varrock. i say any sort of compromise to bring down prices instead of making them available to f2p would work to.

but i still have to stick with my original idea of making all runes that free players can use for their spells, should be able to make them. just as any smither/fighter can make his own armour and weapons, mages should have the same right.

in order to power mage myself to level 70 using air strike, it would take me over 80,000 chaos runes. now at over 100 apeice thats 8 million gold. and if your buying from a rune store imagine the time wasted sitting there for your runes to regenerate, possiably having someone just swoop in and take them all while you are waiting.

i use abbys it isnt easy to get thro it multi combat and most if the creatures are high lvl last time i used it i got put to lvl 3hp trying to make airs after minig in varrock
siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

well im sure that if they can put a whole security place under the barbarian village then they could knock down a couple trees and place an altar...

maybe instead of making a new altar they have a portal of somesort that takes you to the members altar, but theres 2 portals to get back and you can only take the free altar?

theres has to be someway we can convince jagex to do somethin for us f2p...unless they want us to power mage with bind and confuse..what a trip that would be :wall:

dude, please stop asking for more stuff for f2p. we just got a massive update. you could have waited at least another 6 months before annoying the heck out of everyone here. we dont pay, we dont get rcing updates, especially not nats. thats just way too much. and they arent gonna place second altars around the map, its just a stupid idea and looks messy. i dont think this is gonna happen.

Stallion4589.png

well maybe instead of hacking the crap out of someone elses idea why dont you post something a little more useful than common rant of how much stupider free is then members...

maybe have a dark wizard that illegally imports runes in from members and trades you rune ess and 5gp a peice....maybe sell them off a boat on the backside of kajarma?

i use abbys it isnt easy to get thro it multi combat and most if the creatures are high lvl last time i used it i got put to lvl 3hp trying to make airs after minig in varrock

ya but the maze is realy eritating... and will take mutch longer...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

If you ask me these should all be F2P:

Part of Fletching that corresponds with F2P Ranging.

Chaos Runecrafting.

The Magic Spell "Snare".

But nobody asked me, so I keep my opinions to myself. Admittedly I am biased, but also because of logistics... I can't see why such a basic thing as Fletching isn't F2P when something as complex as Runecrafting is. And besides, I couldn't care less about Ranging.

My point? None. What I really want to say? You just got an update, F2P. Be grateful. I know I am hypocritical, but since I am only a hypocrite to myself why do you care?

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

i guess my main idea is that it shouldnt cost so much to exhaust my levels....i mean if i do eventually go to p2p then ill want all my stats as high as they can go before i make the switch...so why cant i make that process easier by not spending 19 mil on just runes alone when i can just make them

i guess i cant really spill my brains out about this issue, and its sorta turning into me ranting about this, because i know in the end all this typing wont really do any good in the long run,

so thanks for viewing, goodnight and goodluck

playswithfir

If you ask me these should all be F2P:

Part of Fletching that corresponds with F2P Ranging.

Chaos Runecrafting.

The Magic Spell "Snare".

But nobody asked me, so I keep my opinions to myself. Admittedly I am biased, but also because of logistics... I can't see why such a basic thing as Fletching isn't F2P when something as complex as Runecrafting is. And besides, I couldn't care less about Ranging.

My point? None. What I really want to say? You just got an update, F2P. Be grateful. I know I am hypocritical, but since I am only a hypocrite to myself why do you care?

I'm not so sure about the fletching part...

F2P can gather the materials for any fletcher (Bars, Feathers and Logs) and trade them for the arrows...

Chaos crafting can be done, and if not, there are several ways to drive down the price:

- Make it craftable for members by RUNE essence (this will coincidently raise the price of rune ess)

- Have an NPC "craft" them for you... You buy Pure essence from members, give that to the NPC and you recieve Chaos runes (much like the Tanner in Al Kharid)

However, it is NOT an option to lower the price of Chaos Runes in the stocks, as they are usually sold out anyways.

But why not go out into the wilderness, completely unarmed, head for the Moss Giants between the Lavamaze and Red Dragon Isle, there spawn tons of Chaos Runes.

Snare is something that F2P can have, as long as it works like Bind ("Immune" for a bit after the effect is over)...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

well maybe instead of hacking the crap out of someone elses idea why dont you post something a little more useful than common rant of how much stupider free is then members...

maybe have a dark wizard that illegally imports runes in from members and trades you rune ess and 5gp a peice....maybe sell them off a boat on the backside of kajarma?

Sounds better, but then the f2pers will complan that they dont get rc xp... But, I agree chaos rc should be free, but not nat, laws and deaths.

Edit: I forgot laws. Anyway, if this dark wizard is importing runes from members, it means that it will be impratical to have this guy in a members world, thus meaning that the members will be attacking Jagex, faster then the ftpers are now.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing

i guess my main idea is that it shouldnt cost so much to exhaust my levels....i mean if i do eventually go to p2p then ill want all my stats as high as they can go before i make the switch...so why cant i make that process easier by not spending 19 mil on just runes alone when i can just make them

i guess i cant really spill my brains out about this issue, and its sorta turning into me ranting about this, because i know in the end all this typing wont really do any good in the long run,

so thanks for viewing, goodnight and goodluck

playswithfir

Firestriking is the easiest and cheapest f2p magic exp.

This would take about 40k firestrikes. Firestrikes cost you at max 60 each, at 2 airs and a mind. Thats only 2.4 mil if you're firestriking, quite a bit lower than the 19 mil. Additionally, if you runecraft it, with say, level 33 runecrafting, you can make 4 airs a rune essence. Crafting 20k essence will get you at least to level 51 at which time you can craft 10k essence into mind runes. Crafting 30k essence is quite time consuming but it gives you great exp, and at a fractin of the cost. 30k essence can be bought at max 30 each so thats just 1 mil.

1mil=40k fire strikes=level 70 magic

But you might have a lower runecrafting.

RSN: Mutashi

i like the dark wizard idea or the boat one sounds cool or like if the boat crashed at port saim and had to sell its cargo b4 it sinks but just like sells chaos and nats for like 30 gp atlest

The only way I am going to use Chaos Crafting is for Crumble Undeads, if even that.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

Offtopic:

Toxicloigest (sorry if i spelt your name wrong) are you F2P, just wondering.

Ontopic:

I agree, F2P should get chaos crafting. But, I dont think they should get law crafting, even with the dark wizard idea. Law or nat crafting, is just well stupid. Thats basiaclly saying F2P should get the two best runes (for n\c pourpeses.) Some runecrafting should stay members.

th_borningfourmsig-1.png

Currently going for 76 fishing