The Steel Dragon Guide (Outdated)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop suggesting ring of wealth. I hate that ring. I seriously hate it. If you want to use ring of wealth feel free to use it. There are trillions of guides out there, just search and you will find a guide suggesting ring of wealth. I hate that ring because when I used it on fire giants I got herbs, coins, rarily steel axes. But without it I got runes etc. more often.

So please stop suggesting that cursed ring.

1)Q: I've been fighting these for ages, and haven't got a dragon platelegs, how come?

A: Steel Dragons drops them very rarely

2)Q: Are they always aggressive?

A: Yes, but sometimes you may be lucky enough to not be under attack by them, but that's just luck and is very rare event.

3)Q: How rare is Dragon HalfShield?

A: Same as other monsters. (Very rare!)

1) Sorry to sound like a smarty pants but they do actually drop EVERY time... Though not always dragon items.

2) No, after maybe an hour and a half they do stop being agressive in one area, but if you run all around the area like he suggested then no, try to find an area you are comfortable with and keep there with the monsters, even killing Irons isn't that bad.

3) Not all monsters have the same drop percentage for D square, the higher the level the more chance you have, simple as that.

Now you didn't really go into depth about Melee, which can be done with prosylite and some prayer pots and anti fires. Its just as good for those people who are 100+ combat, I don't know why you mage to be honest.

I also suggest that you NEVER use bloods or death runes there, only use Slayer Dart or Chaos runes with Chaos Gauntlets. Its the cheapest way and it provides a decent amount of experience.

Well I don't know what else to say except that it seems like you have made like one whole day training there and think yourself a master \'

=D>

addymmage,Dmac690.gif

I seriously have to update the guide. I've been lazy too far long enough, I will have to put updating the guide in tomorrow's scechuel.

Edit: I still need some other reason of why not suggesting blood or death runes. I never buy them, so please give me other reason of it being bad idea. I only buy the antifire potions nothing else.

One, it takes up room, two you are suggesting this to other players who may think its a good idea to waste some money on blood/death runes to kill steel dragons.

Also they only really hit as high as the fire attack with chaos and gaunts... just like 3 or 4 more max at a difference of 150/400 gp.

addymmage,Dmac690.gif

this is an awesome guide, i used it myself while training. It tells you very specificly about what to do. Great job.

killer%202650.png

Click here to visit my Blog

GWD Drops:: Sara Sword(2); Bandos Boots(2); Steam Staff Split(4)

Dragon:: Boots (16); Whips (2); Dragon (Skirt(2), Helmet(2), Left Half(3))

Dagganoth:: Axes(3) Berserker(3) Mud Staff(2) Seers(1)

No Barrows Drops

99's:: Fletching, Cooking, Attack, Firemaking, Defence,Hitpoints, Magic

• 1 month later...

Guys, this guide sucks, I know. But I'm not happy to inform you this. I'm losing more and more interests in RuneScape, but now I haven't lost a lot. But I don't have enough interests to keep on this guide. In fact I have to remove it from my signature. Sorry guys, I know it's sad news. :boohoo:

this is an ok guide BUT, you have posted here not to try unless youre cb is 85+. i steel dragon hunted at lv 65 and had no troubles. instead of puttin a cb lv. put some other lvs, like suggested minimum mage lv of like 80, or the fact that 43 prayer is essential along with a decent def lv. just a few suggestions

1-800slayer.png

Retired after 2 accounts and 8 years of scapin...2 accounts over 2,000 total...may my life rest in peace

Brawl Code:5327-0581-3706

this is an ok guide BUT, you have posted here not to try unless youre cb is 85+. i steel dragon hunted at lv 65 and had no troubles. instead of puttin a cb lv. put some other lvs, like suggested minimum mage lv of like 80, or the fact that 43 prayer is essential along with a decent def lv. just a few suggestions

Yeah, the guide got a lot of lacks in them. I admit it, it sucks. I was no idiot for making it, but I won't update it. I'm not the steel dragon expert I used to be.

Great guide, 8/10.

FYI, your sigs dont have any links in them, they dont do anyhtin when you click on them.

Blaz.gif

*Click....click....click* Nope, nothing.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

in the guide, u sed that soul runes are rare. well, they arent

i get soul runes alot at steel drags

3 times in a row once :o

the new lvl 3 member skiller.....if u c me, im not a macro

in the guide, u sed that soul runes are rare. well, they arent

i get soul runes alot at steel drags

3 times in a row once :o

It doesn't say they're rare, but uncommon.

Please don't suggest that. People keep suggesting that it's common, uncommon, or rare. It's just random.

When you mage them, DO NOT i repeat DO NOT come close to them, stay as away as possible as you can,

You only need to be a few spaces away from them. Four or five, really. If you're "as far away as possible" from them, your spells take forever to get to them. Good guide, otherwise.

Open your eyes so that you may see, Oh men of mildewed minds, and listen to me ye bewildered millions!

untitledzq6ib0.jpg

just a warning to some that maging them isnt going to be as great as you think it is. Maybe i just have a low mage lvl but i splash about 25% of the time i think. I really havent been there in quite a while. Nice guide btw Blaze =D>

lost rights to my dark red text >:(

afflictionbanner2jf6.png

12/20/06 - QUEST CAPE OF ACHIEVEMENT

Barrows sets: guthan, verac, dharok, maybe ahrim eventually <- lost to a hacker whole stole everything of worth from my bank