Metal Dragon's

d3vilbro

I am just wondering if there is a guide out to Maging Metal Dragon's? If there isn't could someone please tell me the...

1. Supposed chances of a Dragon drop with each of the 3 types of Dragon. With and without ROW

2. Safe Spots

3. Reccomended Inventory for the max amount of kills possible at level 60+ Mage. Could you give me the most efficient and also the most cost effective way?

When I get members I really want full dragon, but don't really have a lo of money, so I will try and get it all from monster drops...

BTW I searched bu I only found guides that were either junk, or were how to Melee :roll:

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

Theres no "safe spot"... You just need to stand a few steps away from them.

Most cost effective way is probably fire bolt with chaos gaunts.

So provided I stand a few squares away, they won't Melee me?

I_Xpk3r_I: Future Mayhem Maker

just go on the tip.it monster database and search for bronze, iron, or steel drags. the drop with ROW are the same, your chance to get a rare item is 20% (correct me if i'm wrong) greater

2ndbannernoleaderkopiepg8.png

Sig by me :)

Use:

Fire bolts + chaos guanlets

Wear some magic robes. Mystic, ahrims.. you name it.

Then .. don't forget a nice Fire staff and Anti dragonbreath shield

Then in your inventory:

Some cash to enter the dungeon

A hatchet to enter the dungeon

Your runes: Air runes + chaos runes (fire runes from staff) (or air staff + fire runes)

Then important! :: Anti dragon breath POTIONS. These babies are expensive, but together with your shield, you are completely save if I am not mistaking.

Also a few sharks to catch the few hits you get. Then just mage away. Stand a few squares from those nasty dragons and bang :P your 1 thing closer to the nice D legs or skirt.

Estimated drop chance

Bronze: 1 every 200

Iron: 1 every 100

Steel: 1 every 50.

These were early numbers. For real, the chance is about half this. So for steel, that makes 1 every 100. And 100 dragons.. is ALOT (2-4 banks for 100 steels)

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

well i can understadn how you must feel about geting dragon drops and how in this case you think it would be easier to get them as a drop but to tell you the truth its expenisve as HELL you have to buy anti fire pots ppots incase u decide to mele good food and runes not to metion those and metal dragons are some of the most annoying monsters in the game. basicly my 2 cents is that it would be easier to save up for dlegs if u had high enough skills

Just an average player with a horrible name...

1 of 50

1 of 1000

1 of ##($*(#$*

All bogus...

I have had friends go thorugh 10k chaos and get no dragon drops.. Seen people got there and get them off 2nd drop..

All are completly random... BUT USE ROW!!

Also...

I would use chaos gaunts with what ever Staff/runes you want

Bring 2 or 3 sharks 6 or 7 Anti fires (4) or more.

One 1 click tele (Tele tablets,seed,ecto) Just incase of lag or something.

Where mystic or ahrims

Anti Dragin Shield (DUH)

Mage cape or lava or.....

Simply stay out of melee reach and just fire away.

with Anti Dragon pots you should be able to stay there for some time..

Norm I get 4 to 5 dragons per dose so with 8 Pots you can get

96-158 dragons

Also.... I bary bones every 20 minutes when I am getting low on inv room... Better chance for gravedigger random... where you can send your items to bank..

good luck

just go on the tip.it monster database and search for bronze, iron, or steel drags. the drop with ROW are the same, your chance to get a rare item is 20% (correct me if i'm wrong) greater

We wish :lol:

Its only .2% though :wall: *Plays the violin for myself* :boohoo:

1 of 50

1 of 1000

1 of ##($*(#$*

All bogus...

I have had friends go thorugh 10k chaos and get no dragon drops.. Seen people got there and get them off 2nd drop..

Eh? A drop rate is a percentage chance. The fact that people have differing luck in their drops in no way disproves the idea of a single drop rate for all monsters/drops.

In a little hilltop village they gambled for my clothes

I bargained for salvation and they gave me a lethal dose

I offered up my innocence, I got repaid with scorn

"Come in'', she said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm"

And there's no real way of knowing the real drop rate, so making an estimate is meaningless. There's no way of actually knowing the drop rate unless you hacked into the game.

And use ROW for any semi-rare drop UNLESS it's nontradeable. I had a confirmation message from Jagex that rare items include TRADEABLE items like gemstones, coins, herbs, dragon armor, rare drops and such. Things like monster heads and clue scrolls are unaffected.

And regarding the safespot, just stand 3-4 squares away from the dragon so it will not melee you. Use an antifire potion with antifire shield so his range fireballs do nothing, and just mage away.

It's random whether or not you get D Legs, but the is most definitely a set chance. If it were all totally random, then why would coins be a more common drop?

It's not totally random, but nobody save for Jagex programmers could give you the exact figures.

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

I might be a bit off, but I've estimated the dorp rate for dragon legs/skirts to be between 1/100 and 1/150 from iron dragons (Or one every four or so hours).

That's just an educated guess taken from my experience with iron dragons.

Edit: By the way, I've always gotten dragon drops when I haven't used a RoW. What's up with that?

1 of 50

1 of 1000

1 of ##($*(#$*

All bogus...

good luck

Nothing bogus about that, you just don't understand probabilities. 1 of 1000 doesn't mean that you are guaranteed that drop once in 1000 tries. It means that every kill gives a chance of 1 in 1000 for getting that item.

As a matter of fact the chance for getting a drop with a drop rate of 1/1000 and trying 1000 times is 63%.

Each kill the chance of not getting the drop is 999/1000. So the chance for not getting the drop in 1000 tries is then (999/1000)^1000 = 0.37, which means that the chance of getting the drop in 1000 tries is equal to 1-0.37 = 0.63 or 63%

Nothing is random in this game and on the other hand, nothing is guaranteed. :)

phata_elise.png