Offensive/annoying signatures?

I really, really HATE religious texts some people use in their signatures and I think they should be removed.

ex: "I'm a proud Christian, you too?"

I think this forum should be void of "religion advertisments". Personally, I'm a christian as well, but I still think it is offensive to me, not to mention other people with different religions. A signature that would say "proud follower of Allah, join us" would be the same. Of course RS religions are exempt from this rule, as they are game-related.

We tend to have a certain kind of anonimity here, and as we are all equal, religions are not part of that!

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

AFAIK its already not allowed. I have reported religious spiel in peoples sigs several times before and they have been removed by an administrator.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Get over it! :roll:

Like its affecting you! If someones life has been changed around because they have turned to that religion then let them express it!

You aint going to ban me for saying how much I love the Parramatta Eels Rugby League team, so why do people have to take offence when it comes to someone expressing their love for their God. :roll:

Seriously what has the world come to, where people can care and take offence at other people's beliefs, and how they express themselves when it comes to these issues!

And by the way I am Christian, and If you have a problem with that >> I don't care in the slightest! =; :-$

Yeah, see my sig? Read it.

I'm a Christian, and proud of it. I see NO reason why I cannot put this in my signature.

Now, if I was saying "My religion is the only good one, all the others SUCK" then I could see how that was offensive to you, but I'm not.

How is saying "I'm a Christian" and more offensive then saying "I'm a packers fan"?

My 2ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãââ.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I'm a Christian, and proud of it. I see NO reason why I cannot put this in my signature.

You must be one of the many users who hasn't bothered to read the rules then.

The Rules[/url]":1urwcb9h]Also, we do not allow any religious text or images in our users' signatures or profiles.

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

You must be one of the many users who hasn't bothered to read the rules then.

The Rules[/url]":3hbvhoxb]Also, we do not allow any religious text or images in our users' signatures or profiles.

Oh, I've read them. Did you even read my post?

How is saying "I'm a Christian" and more offensive then saying "I'm a packers fan"?

I would like to know why it's not allowed.

If you don't understand the rules, PM and admin.

If you don't like the rules, leave.

If you are not going to answer my question, then don't post.

If you don't like me, then leave the forum.

Whilst I didn't answer your question, I pointed you in the direction of someone who can. I guarantee you the users can't tell you the reasons behind admin decisions.

And I do like you :)

Some people are changed by being a moderator. I wouldn't be.

I see NO reason why I cannot put this in my signature.

I can see some conflict arising if you - or anyone else - were to post their religion. Some may take offence at a particular religion and may feel insulted. It may heighten tension between other users of the board, and perhaps some may feel ostracized because they are not part of a particular religion. I can think of no reason as to why anyone needs to know, as rarely is religion discussed, and when it is, it is monitored carefully as it can be quite a controversial subject.

Offline and unavailable.

Whilst I didn't answer your question, I pointed you in the direction of someone who can. I guarantee you the users can't tell you the reasons behind admin decisions.
Yes, and admin can tell my why the rule is there, but I can discuss why it's here with normal users, and possibly arouse the admin's interests.

Bull [cabbage]. :roll:

I can see some conflict arising if you - or anyone else - were to post their religion. Some may take offence at a particular religion and may feel insulted. It may heighten tension between other users of the board, and perhaps some may feel ostracized because they are not part of a particular religion. I can think of no reason as to why anyone needs to know, as rarely is religion discussed, and when it is, it is monitored carefully as it can be quite a controversial subject.

Ah, so you are saying that people won't feel ostracized because they don't like the same sports team, if I were to put "I'm a packers fan" in my sig? I'm stating my interests in my sig, and if anyone has a problem they can take it up with me via pm. Which, btw, no one has.

< Edit - my post had nothing to do with the actual topic so it was removed by Albosky >

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Yes, and admin can tell my why the rule is there, but I can discuss why it's here with normal users, and possibly arouse the admin's interests.

Bull cabbage. :roll:

Ah, so you are saying that people won't feel ostracized because they don't like the same sports team, if I were to put "I'm a packers fan" in my sig? I'm stating my interests in my sig, and if anyone has a problem they can take it up with me via pm. Which, btw, no one has.

The packers suck even though they're my states team, Rams ftw.

I don't like the pacters either, it was just an example, I'm more of a Steelers fanatic, but STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Ah, so you are saying that people won't feel ostracized because they don't like the same sports team, if I were to put "I'm a packers fan" in my sig?...

I hardly think religion and sport can be compared together. For many people faith is a strong foundation of their lives, sport is more of a hobby.

Example, if one religion were in a majority in this forum and everyone broadcasted their religion in their sigs, then someone of an opposing religion may feel outcast as he/she is of a different faith.

Also, if someone were to mention they were of a religion which is seen as different or peculiar or controversial then it would be noted; which may lead to bigotry and discrimination.

Offline and unavailable.

The concensus is pretty much as Loge stated .

Religion is too controversial a topic , so allowing ANY reference to it is disallowed as someone will always try to find a loophole and push the limits of the rule.

We do however allow moderate discussion of such topics in the Off-Topic forum ONLY. This was only allowed as the specific Moderators of that forum opted to take responsibility for the oversight and removal of any related topics.

Signatures, avatars , and profiles unfortunately are global user settings that are not confined to a specific forum , so they have as such been added to the "not allowed" list.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear

Thank you for the answer I was looking for, both loge and albosky.

The concensus is pretty much as Loge stated .

Religion is too controversial a topic , so allowing ANY reference to it is disallowed as someone will always try to find a loophole and push the limits of the rule.

We do however allow moderate discussion of such topics in the Off-Topic forum ONLY. This was only allowed as the specific Moderators of that forum opted to take responsibility for the oversight and removal of any related topics.

Signatures, avatars , and profiles unfortunately are global user settings that are not confined to a specific forum , so they have as such been added to the "not allowed" list.

I don't see how Religion and stating what religion you are in your sig is anymore controversial than saying you like this or you like that. Religion is a fact of life and it should not be hidden away and have people pretend that it isn't out there. Heck, you don't ban people, or not allow them posting on a controversial topic in any forum (and not allow them to have their own opinion on things) so why does it have to be any different when it comes to someone telling other people what religion you are. :roll:

For goodness sake, you guys adore controversy here! (And so do I >> debate and differing opinions is what makes this board enjoyable). Tip.it have a whole report devoted to contraversy! Its called the tip.it times! :wink:

I think this has gone a bit out of hand...

I meant (as stated by someone before) that I dislike the preaching religon quotes. I think everybody is free to worship any god/deity/spirit/whatever or football/soccer/handball( :P ) team they want, but DON'T PREACH!

Stating that you are a "enter religion here" is not what offends me really, it is the preaching and "being so full of it" and the fact that they are lobbying! I (and most people here on the forums) can make their own decisions on religion, sports teams and their life in general.

Sorry about the fuss I tend to have created....:oops:

transcript80.png

Other data was removed when acoount got hacked...

I can think of no reason as to why anyone needs to know

Of course no one needs to know. But then again, no one needs to know that you have 90+ mage do they?

Sometimes its nice to see other people who share the same belief as you. Just like its nice to see other people who are mages (Hi other mage!). :P

lope6jw0.jpg

Of course no one needs to know. But then again, no one needs to know that you have 90+ mage do they?

How can you compare a skill in RuneScape to Real-Life Religion?

Offline and unavailable.

How can you compare a skill in RuneScape to Real-Life Religion?

Because its somthing which can be compared in Jackalope14's example.

If you can't see his connection, then (Insert insult here). :roll: