Whats the fuss on desert treasure!

azielgoh

Anyway, people are saying how they almost or died on desert treasure. They also say it was hard. For me it wasn't the quest i found hard. It was more the cash i had to fork out on the pots and sharks and 53 Thieving!!!!! Omg the hardest part...

Anyway, can someone explain to me why it's hard. Really i just don't get it. Is it because they didn't use prayer/buy enough prayer pots or what...? :-k

untitled2.jpg

NOT GIVING AWAY NEW ACCOUNT NAME.

The "hard" quests I've done are overrated imo, especially monkey madness. Going to the mage was just a matter of drinking energy pots and prayer pots. I haven't done DT though, it has some annoying quest reqs.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Well I'm gonna do it on my pure. But imagine doing it without def & pray? Now you know why certain people call it hard =)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

people slack off thats why, i mean that 1 guy drains prayer FAST and well on a pure that could be a challenge.

It's not. I did it on my level 47 who had 13 prayer with little trouble. People are just plain lazy to use their brains, and think quest guides should tell them everything.

Honestly, you wonder what brains are for sometimes...

to be honest it is pretty easy, i died once because when i got Damis to 2nd form, what goes and happens? ultra-lag thanks for that...

it's the same with Legends every1 i knew was like omg legends will take u all day and like 11 hours!!!!!

it took me 3....

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

When i started DT, i went to kill Kamil, didnt do it right, i stood too far away from him, couldnt attack him or something. I died. So then i was kind of scared to do it, and i didnt do it for a while until my friend wanted to do it with me. But then it was way easier than i thought it would be.

Quit - October 7th, 2007.

1700 Total, 4 years of RS.

signatureqb0.jpg

^Click for Blog^

I haven't done Kamil yet, but I would have had no trouble at all except I did something strange the first time I fought Damis and ran out of prayer, tried to pot but some weird lag thing stopped me, so I died. No trouble the second time though.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I had no trouble with the chest. Only took 17 lockpicks instead of the 100+ some people use.

i+am+me1.png

untitled6kv7.gif

I agree, dt is wicked easy if you have plenty of sharks and pots. Getting the requirements are the monst anoying parts.

~Bepo

Because bepo is always right

RSN: Z A M 0 (it's a zero)

74 att - 45 def - 76 str - 72 hp - 52 pray - 91 magic

Feel free to give me a shout, private is always ON

It shouldve been called: get-the-insane-requirements quest.

i finished the quest in 4 hours. easier than sheep herder :D jk

snared damis (used no food)

fire bolted kamil (kinda hard but he died fast)

dessious was hard at 1st because EVERY ****ING GUIDE SAYS TO USE MELEE PROTECT!! USE MAGIC PROTECT AND U WILL USE LITTLE FOOD.

that-other-guy-that-uses-flames-of-zammy (Really easy)

I know exactly what you mean, nothing on runescape is hard. (Jad isn't hard, it just takes nerves of steel)

I have to admit that I did have a little trouble on the vampire-guy, but that was because he got very lucky with some high hits.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

I found the pyramid annoying, not necessarily hard. I kept getting to the fourth floor and falling. This continued for about an hour and a half, and I even have 56 agility, if that matters.

lalalasig2.png

jagex rates these quest hard because if u dont use a quest guide they are extremly hard, if u do use a quest guide then dont come saying the quest is not hard enough. i remember doing monkey madness with out using a quest guide, it was the hardest quest i did cuz it is the only hard quest that i didnt use a guide for.

Like most hard quests it does get a bit overhyped, thats simply because the pures who try it inevitably suffer. All of the bosses can just be prayed on, apart from Dessous. There is no real reason at 43 prayer to get hit fighting Fareed or Damis, none at all. Karim as long as don't stand next to him you can mage protect with the only harming you is the blizzard. Dessous can be killed with melee protect quite easily, this the only boss I bothered bringing sharks on.

The pyramid was more of pain than anything, finally geting in the room to be attacked by scarabs.. :(

lord_khallos.png

proudguildmasterng2.png

jagex rates these quest hard because if u dont use a quest guide they are extremly hard, if u do use a quest guide then dont come saying the quest is not hard enough. i remember doing monkey madness with out using a quest guide, it was the hardest quest i did cuz it is the only hard quest that i didnt use a guide for.

That's actually very true...

Personally, I tend to use the guides to be prepared so I don't start fighting, say, Damis with dhides and shrimps (exaggerated of course, but I think you get the point). I try to do what I can without looking at the guides unless there's a high risk involved (like boss fights, the Monkey Madness dungeon, etc).

By the way, I think everyone with a decent prayer level agrees that Fareed is a pushover with or without a guide. Even without a staff he's easy, it just takes more clicking.

i+am+me1.png

untitled6kv7.gif

Desert treasure... the only hard part was spending all that money to get stuff to do it. (Runes, full mystic, p pots.. other stuff)

Damis was the only really hard one... but he never damaged me. I drank prayer pots nearly nonstop while maging him toe-to-toe-to skeleton foot x15.

Hardly used any lock picks. The vampire... yes, use protect from mage prayer. Even if he can hit high with melee, he did not hit me often.

Sadly, I can not seem to be able to defeat the err- jello mother in RfD. (The main reason that I did Desert Treasure was to finish it and I cant.)

black_lich90.png

i haven't finished the quest yet but i found kamil the 154 ice man, the ahrdest part so far he owned me 5 times, didn't die once managed to tele away, but he kept just hitin me high every time

single_skill1133609142.png

But that's the thing, jagex practically wants us to use quest guides. Random NPCs ask us to hunt down random things that we've never heard before, or the like and it would waste hours of our time trying to figure it out on our own. Also, last I checked, annoying != hard.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!