KQ BLOG... And not for a chain?? - DAY 3 - Grr!

Yes another KQ blog.

No, I'm not looking for a chain. As some of you might know, I've had my share of dragon chain stories from the KQ.

This is all about my house. Weeks and weeks, I've spent. Countless hours. 8 whips. Thousands of air runes Thousands of ashes.

I've killed Abby demons since construction came out, and still no head to mount. The empty spot in my skill hall is screaming at me....

I have given up on getting an abby demon head. I wanted one bad. Its the ultimate slayer accoplishment trophy. 85 slayer. Abby demon head in my house. Something to hang my whip on.

But alas..... I must adjust.

So, I shall now start a new quest. The drop rate should be better. Getting a head from the KQ won't be like trying to win a lottery. More like playing a numbers game. If I keep going, I WILL get one.

So, here we are in the Blog forum on Tip.It. We shall start tonight. All I need is a partner or two. I'll let you know who I drag down there.

Stay tuned!

Day 1

Partner: Cdub Foo

9 runs: Power ammy, Power ammy, addy spear, 600 fires, 19 bloods, rune chain, rune warhammer, addy spear, 3000 gp.

Well, I logged into 191 sharks, and Cdub Foo was the patner of the night. QueenValerie wanted to go, but was busy getting her 90 prayer, so Cdub and I meet at Shantays Pass bank.

Now I remember how crowded this thing is. We kept running into other teams, and switching worlds.

In the meantime, we were getting our boxers handed to us. We were getting flat out owned. First KQ left Cdub with no food, and 32 hit points before she left us a diamond ammy. I had one shark left. I guess she missed me.

Switching worlds, we ran into a 126 solo'ing, and I decided to steal the fight since he just started. Noticed a death pile, so I guess it didn't START as a solo. Cdub raided it, and gave back the dds after we were done.

"Chain" I said.

"Rune?" Cdub says. Dang, he didn't fall for it.

"Yeah"

"You noob"

"kiss kiss"

We decide to switch, because we didn't want to be rude. We tele back to the bank chest, and get thanked for switching, and they even say "Love your stories on the fansite" I always dig that. Hehe.

No head. No food. So, 1 hour of fighting, and now I'll do 3 hours of fishing.

Tomorrow, I take QueenValerie and her newly gained 90 prayer down there. Unless she hides from me. lol.

Day 2

God I hate fishing. But I stuck with it, and gathered about 300 sharks for the hunt. Turns out QueenValerie fell in love with hunting the "other" queen, and this day consisted of about 20 runs.

Was having a very happy fun time, keeping my patience. Just enjoying the process and the fight. Two 124's owning a 333. No crowds. No stress. Just a whole lot of fun.

Then it started to get to me. Nature runes. Nature runes. Fire runes. Mith Arrows. Mith Arrows. Nature runes. Fire runes. The drops were pissing me off. After 20 runs, I was in a fiery mood.

With 24 sharks in my bank, I was now going to buy sharks. The heck with it. I was ready to slaughter Abby demons. I was swearing and ready to pee fire at those demons. Give me a whip, red! NOW! I dressed in full ownage gear, zezrker ring, zerker hat, rune defender, superset, and a nice dagger for specials. I was gonna take my frustration out on demons.

I walk in the room, and Valerie is joining me. I'm screaming at those demons. Give me that whip, red! Now!

1st kill. 60 rune essense. Not good enough. Gimme it NOW red! NOW!

2nd kill. *blinks* Uh... thanks? :shock:

Whip.

Well, thats a mood changer. After going through a few minutes of utter shock (my whip luck blows, really it does.) I have turned from peeing fire to just going through the motions in a content calm manner. I was truly shocked. 30 minutes later I get my first ever Dragon Med drop from the abbies. :shock:

But, of course, they didn't give me a head. And I'm kinda glad. That would have been WAY too anti-climactic. Stay tuned.

DAY 3

A whip, a dragon med, and a clue that gave me a Black Cav, and a lack of playing time equals purchasing 3200 sharks. I am ready for KQ full time now.

(BTW, level 3 clues have been changed. They pay off GREAT now. They are arguably the best money making thing in the game now. I get like 8 out of 10 clues that pay off a special item not counting firelighters. They've changed them. Do clues!)

So, I have my shark, and QueenValerie is ready to go.

15 more trips. Nothing. No head, no chain, no d2h, no nothing. I hate this bug. I got lucky and got a Kalphite task, and tried using the black mask, dragon dagger, whip, switch to veracs for form two... and stressed myself out. Valerie got most of the drops, and still nothing good. Then I switched back to normal, and still nothing.

We did not have fun. From now on, we must go KQ'ing with just the fun of it in mind. Don't get greedy for drops, just the fun of kiling this crazy monster. Enjoy the 75 natures, 600 fire runes, 500 mith arrows, and 100 rune arrow drops. Those are good. Really. If you go expecting a chain, you just get pissed off.

I am a patient man. I will not stop till I have a head. And I will probably get chains in the process. I am cursed. Stay tuned.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another Leesters blog :D

Good Luck with that Head!

I'd laugh if you got 2 chains and no head. :thumbsup:

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

hey i never beeen kqing tell me if i have the stats i might join :D

world2isntthathardby4.pngI think merchanting is extinct....

lordofthehauntedminestextcb6.png Completed haunted mine at level 75.

Barrows Drops: Dh platelegs, Guth helm, Karils cb, Torags legs

-------------RETIRED------------------

Good Luck Leesters! Your entertainment on the forums will surely be rewarded when you get that KQ head!

I have faith in you! :D

Retired 8th October 2007 | 99 Fishing | 99 Cooking | Owner of a Red Mask and 2 Santa Hats |

yea gl d00d,

be funny if you got a few chains and no heads though lol :?

siggy4ny.jpg

Slayer FTW!!! Currently Lvl 73

Barrows Items: 8 Dragon Drops: 5

1632 Total All Skills 60+ 1700 blog.

"If you have got nothing nice to say, say nothing at all"-Flamers Watch Out

Always fun to read another one of your stories, if you can't find a partner i'd be happy to go with you for a few rounds. I'm 100 cb with veracs and have done her many times before, resulted in a chain and a d2h.

Have fun, and enjoy the few chains on the way to your head

We went for a chain and got 3 heads... good luck man :wall:

Yes, I read that. You inspired this thread, idea, and quest. Congratulations. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm 100 cb with veracs and have done her many times before, resulted in a chain and a d2h.

Have fun, and enjoy the few chains on the way to your head

Oooooo.

Nice combat level.

Nice equipment.

Nice experience.

Nice luck.

Add me. :P

You gotta let me get the drops though. You can trust me. :D

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

lol gl

your quiet famous on tip it arnt u?

(go ahead slam my grammer dont care =p)

we have all done this before

one time i woke up sleeping under my bed with a jello and a spoon lol :ohnoes:

Barrow Items: 31

Le MTA vous poss̮̬̉̉de baiseur de m̮̬̉̉re

best of luck leesters, and i'm sure you will achieve this like many other goals you've done, and you'll for sure tell a fantastic story about it :thumbsup:

siggy4jh.png

sig by Misterxman

Un-Retired from RS X-mas 2009, 93/99 Fishing, 105 combat.

It'd be better if your partner got the drop and it was a KQ head :roll: Lol. Best of luck! You have me added and if nobody else is on I can take a couple spins with ya. I'm just cutting oaks right now... 13.5k of 'em... But I need to stay on track, lol.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

Well, Lee and I just did a few runs, I think 10 or so. Nothing too great. The first drop was a Power ammy, followed by another. Then a chain. Rune, of course. The next drop was a Spear, Adamant of course. Then finally, the shiny red thing. Yes, bloods!

It was astounding, and I'm sure Lee will write it with pretty colors. Huzzah?

Hm, I'de love to come, but I cant afford verack without selling some armour, which I dont paticularly wanna do with the market being so unstable. :(

92/99 Fishing | 119/120 Combat | 92/99 Firemaking | 94/99 Fletching | 1878/1900 Total | 85/85 Slayer | 80/80 Prayer

5389_08e10c.png

7476_125ca6.png