The Word "Noob"

BWebb55

Yesterday in the Seers bank, two players were arguing the price of an item, and just back and forth, insulting eachother and calling eachother noobs.

Now, I stepped in and said stop arguing and calling eachothers noobs. Of course, they called me a noob, and I agreed because I have them my definition of a noob:

"You are a noob if there is someone that can be a higher level than you. So until you are 126 combat, you are a noob"

Now of course, they laughed at me and said I didn't know what a noob is, and they promply told me it is a new player. Of course I know that, because that is it's real meaning, but it got me thinking...

What is the definition of a noob now in Runescape? According to his definition, shouldn't you as you become higher than a level such as 20 stop being a noob, and shouldn't be called one. That's what you'd thinl but all you have to do is walk around the Runescape world, and you'll see level 70's calling level 90's a noob.

The word noob has lost it's definiton. People call others noobs when they don't put up the price they want for an item. Or people call others noobs when they are defeated by the person they called a "noob". If you are defeated, how are they a noob?

So I am wondering, what do you really think the definition of a noob is? Or is there even one these days?

100combat7xp.gif

Don't free Durial. Put this in your sig if you believe in justice.

The best definition I know for a noob is: an experienced player that acts like a newbie.

For me there's a big difference between a newb and a noob. A newb doesn't know better... a noob should.

manytradesur7.png

Current goals: Going for 80 80 80.

Recent goals achieved: 70 70 70 done.

Major Achievement: Fire Cape at 79 combat.

i remember a while back rs banned the word noob. i think they should again. its become out just stupid. like a few weeks ago i was just walking along and this guy at lvl 46 just says "noob lvl 71"....... are you joking!? i mean i didn't even know this guy he just said it!? what is up with this?

nversaydie13.png

20i9enb.jpg

trapped1yn6.png

PKERS CAN ALL BE DAMNED TO HELL!

noob - A person who is intentionaly annoying and/or disruptive

newb/newbie - A new player

Its amazing how the definitions of these words have become blurred over time.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

newbie/newb= new player

noob= everything

Newbie\new= Is supposed to mean new players, but I saw Zezima once, they called him newb, lol? They'be obviously been playing less than him, being in mid level 30

Noob = Anyone a true newb calls someone..

1.2K Post! YAY

All Quests completed

99 Thieving achieved on January 10th, 2008

99 Defense achieved on August 3rd, 2008

85 Slayer achieved on July 31st, 2008

6 Dragon boot drops, 14 Whip drops

Noob = Insult (Idiot, stupid, newplayer, dumb, moronic, compulsive...ect)

I really hate threads that talk about the word "Noob", who cares what it means... Its a stupid word used by internet geeks, thats all you need to know.

1.2K Post! YAY

Gratz

madeinpalestineborder8gs.png

In Khazakstan we say God, Man, Horse, Dog, then Woman, Rat and small cockroach..

M.A.D 4 Lyfe

Noob comes frob newbie. Newbie is a new player that lacks experience.

In RS the word noob means like nothing. People just randomly call you that. It's just a sign of mere disagreement between people. Mostly idiots call eachother noobs. Lots of idiots in RS, so lots of people calling eachother a noob.

And this has been debated over so much it's not even funny anymore.

Basically, people use it whenever they feel like it when speaking to someone they don't particularly like, and can not think of another more intelligient way of insulting them.

Hasn't this topic been created like, idk, a few bazillion times? It's not like it ever gets us anywhere :| .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Noob - Someone who isn't doing what suits you, in a rather selfish manner

Lol its not worth that much u noob! - I wish to buy your item, but I am not content with your price, so instead I will try to embarrass you, and further lower the general intelligence of Runescape.

Dragon Drops: 3 Left Halves, 5 Plateskirts, 3 Platelegs, 1 D2H, 7 Axes, 15 Boots, 1 D Med

GWD Team Drops: 1 Saradomin Hilt, 4 Saradomin Swords, 4 Zamorakian Spears, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 2 Bandos Tassets, 7 Shards, 2 Steam Battlestaves

GWD Solo Drops: 1 Bandos Hilt, 1 Bandos Chestplate, 1 Shard

Abyssal Whips: 10

I never say that word as in insult, I call my friends noobs as a joke though, but only a noob calls another player a noob insultingly.

There's the bad people, and there's the good people, and if you're here:

Bad-----------You----------Good

Do this:

Bad-----------------You>>>Good

That super simple graph can improve Runescape's economy 1000%.

I'm back?! No wayz!!!

43mxr40.jpg

these threads are stupid people just make them to look mature theres like at least one a month......noob.

more like 4 a day , and you're right , they are quite useless.

I like to fart silently but deadly in movie theaters
Ard Choille says (11:41 PM):

I wouldn't dare tell you what to do m'dear