Fainting Symptoms?

moose585

Hi, today i went to the vet lab in the north end of my town.. i was there to examine and see if it's a possible job id be interested in. They let me watch some surgeries and some check ups. I was in the operation room and the surgeron was nuetering a dog at the time. After he was done and was sewing up the cut i started to feel dizzy and i felt like my head was spinning, i tried to move but my body wasn't listining. I lost control and my plumented to the ground, i was awoken by the sickening thud of me hitting the floor. And i opened my eyes to see blood trickiling from my nose to the floor. I shoulda have seen it coming, but this being my first expeirence and i thought i was just going to be sick. Anyways im ok now but im wondering how many of you experience similar feelings just before you pass out, and im sure there are others i can't remember all that happened but i want to know what triggered your passing. I think mine was a combination of me being very hungry and not getting enough sleep. Post your thoughts please :-w

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

I would say the first symptom of fainting is...Uhhh...Fainting...You know, falling on your face, like you just said.

Happened to me once when I mixed Vicodin and Tylenol too close together when I got my wisdom teeth pulled. Expensive day that was...When I fell, my mouth hit the floor and I busted one of my front teeth in half...So I had to go get that fixed again, aswell as stitching to my lip, which the dentist did a [cabbage]ty job of, but no scars from it....Well, except on my shoulder, where I got a scrape that apparently felt the need to scar.

When it happened to me, I felt a severe "head-rush" like you get when you stand up too fast after sitting down for a long time, and next thing I know I was on the floor with my dad trying to wake me up, spitting out blood. Lame.

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

I once had a very very bad ear infection, and I let it go for a few days before I saw a doctor about it. (I am prone to ear infections. I have to be very careful not to get my ears wet, or I am sure to get one.) Since I had an ear infection before, I had been taking very powerful pain killers that had been prescribed to me the last time I saw a doctor about a previous ear infection. You are supposed to take these pills with food. But, I didn't because the pain was so bad I couldn't eat (the moving of my jaw muscles when I chewed hurt my ears). After three days of having nothing but pills in my stomach, I finally went to see a doctor.

The moment I walked into the doctor's office, I started to feel dizzy and light-headed. I started to see these little shiny stars all around me and my vision went pure white. I couldn't feel anything and all my limbs felt as though they were asleep. I could feel myself falling, but there was nothing I could do to stop it.

When I woke up, my head hurt really bad, but it was nothing compared to my ears. I was reclining a doctor's chair. Apparently, I'd caused a huge scene in the doctor's office and worried a whole lot of people, so they took me in immediately. I was rather embarrassed. :(

3898000bYVcx.png

Two times I can remember, were when I get up too fast after lieing down for too long. The first time I got out of bed after lieing in there after waking up. I got up and speedwalked to the door, and right as I reached for the knob, I started to faint and I sorta lost all sences. All I heard was a smash, and then I remember feeling 'lag'. By that I mean, when I was lieing on the ground and lifted my head up, my brain was going at like 4 frames-per-second. Then, it felt like I had a thousand pins in my skin all over my body (kind of like when you're foot falls asleep). It was odd.

The second time wasn't as severe. I was watching TV, and I got up to close the blinds. By the time I got the blinds I had that same faint feeling. I started...I can only describe it as having convulsions. I hit a lamp off a ledge, and had enough brain capacity to keep it from falling by squeezing it between my crazy shaking body and the wall. This proves that I never actually lost conciousness, but I was definately not right in the head their for a minute. Everything was...cloudy, and I got that same pins all over feeling.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

One time I was at a theme park and it was REALLY hot the day we went.. So we decided to go on a water ride.. So we'd been standing in line for about 45 minutes, then I started to feel sick.. It wasn't long after and I was having trouble moving, then everything turned purple, then black.. I woke up laying on the floor with my parents around me and a nurse (who was in line behind us) telling my parents what to do.. So a few days later my parents took me to the doctor to see if he could figure out what had caused it. It turns out I have low blood preassure so when I stand for a long time (without moving much) the blood begins to pool in my legs and I don't get enough flowing to my brain... Let's just say I haven't been to any theme park in a year or 2... Damn long lines <.<

good stories and they all sound similar i guess the symptoms differ slighty from person to person but not as much as you would think :-k

hows the weather up there. where the rich people live. currently, in the poor area its -1.

I've fainted twice.

The first time, I was at home, I stood up too quickly and everything started closing in, like happens quite often normally. I tried to steady myself I put my hands on top of a doorframe for some strange reason and that didn't help. I ended up nearly knocking a table over. I kind of remembered it like it was a dream afterwards because I was almost awake by the time I hit the floor. It was strange.

Second time I was on holiday in Turkey, was very hot day, we were on an open type of small bus thing, we weren't going fast, but not slow either. An old woman got off and I watched her thinking 'what is she doing' and she just stepped off the bus, probably thinking it had stopped or something. All I heard was 'crack' when she fell to the ground and I was like :uhh: while the bus stopped and everyone got off. We just walked away because it wasn't a nice site really (I dunno what happened to her) I started to feel a bit ill and even after sitting down for a bit I knew something wasn't right. Just before I fainted I said 'I don't feel well' and just collapsed in the middle of a small street. Was out for a couple of seconds. Yeah that was kinda embarresing at the time. So I think a bit of shock + heat = not good :P

sig2ho7.jpg

My case sounds similar to alot of yours. Usually when Im watching T.V. for about 30 mins to an hour, and then I stand up to quickly and all the sudden I just get this major blood rush to my head or something. I get dizzy but I never faint. I've never fainted in my life so this is the closest I come to it. Must suck knowing your falling and can't stop yourself. :?

srequest2me.jpg

I am an Atheist, and I take pride in it.

The first time, I was at home, I stood up too quickly and everything started closing in, like happens quite often normally. I tried to steady myself I put my hands on top of a doorframe for some strange reason and that didn't help.

Heh, I love that feeling, but I've come close to fainting once when I did that.. I stood up and everything started closing in.. I was expecting it to stop after a few seconds but it didn't.. I didn't really know where I was going but from the way I felt I was walking, I probably looked drunk.. I ended up in the bathroom before I could really tell what was going on.. Glad I didn't fall because we recently tiled our kitchen (which is between the family room and the bathroom) so that would have been painful..

One time I got kind of dehydrated and everything started to go black... I didn't notice anything wrong though. It just felt like I was sleeping. The footsteps of the people around me sounded far off and they echoed too... When I finally realized where I was and what I was supposed to be doing, the darkness cleared and I walked over to get some water. As I walked, it still felt like a somewhat dreamlike state. It was a fun experience except for the whole me almost passing out part....

one time i was at my grandparents house and it was H.O.T. (they lived in San Antonio, Texas) and i wasn't used to that kind of heat (i lived in Moore, Oklahoma at the time so it wasn't as hot as San Antonio) well every morning i had a REALLY bad head ache and i told my grand parents and they told me to lie down, but i had to throw up so i ran to the bathroom, threw up like 5 times and couldn't move, then i fell unable to move but i was still consouis(sp?)

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

im just curious... why would you be looking to see if you'd be checking out different jobs for future reference when you're just going into high school after summer here? wouldn't that be something you should be thinking about doing prior to university? :-k

edit: well then, now that you've told me it was for fun, i guess it would make sense to go there. i would, but a word of advice, eat sumthin and go to bed a little bit earlier, and that unfortunately mean less rs for you lol. :thumbsup:

happy now? \'

im just curious... why would you be looking to see if you'd be checking out different jobs for future reference when you're just going into high school after summer here? wouldn't that be something you should be thinking about doing prior to university? :-k

In my school they call it 'Job Shadowing'.. We did it in 8th grade (end of the year) but I didn't want to go spend the day with some guy I didn't know doing some job I figured I wouldn't want to do by the time I was in college so I stayed home :)

In my school they call it 'Job Shadowing'.. We did it in 8th grade (end of the year) but I didn't want to go spend the day with some guy I didn't know doing some job I figured I wouldn't want to do by the time I was in college so I stayed home :)

i'm aware of the meaning, but we don't do that where we live, not til later grades at least

i'm aware of the meaning, but we don't do that where we live, not til later grades at least

Yea the reason i went was because my parents want me to know at least what direction im heading too, and plus i like animals :thumbsup:

quoting is fun :roll:

Yea the reason i went was because my parents want me to know at least what direction im heading too, and plus i like animals :thumbsup:

no doubt, but back to the topic... i've fainted a couple times, from seizures... but i havent had a seizure where i went unconsious for about 8 years score 1 for ultra :thumbsup

lol sumthings messed up here

moose wrote that ^

Well, when my friends and I were younger we heard about a way to make eachother pass out. Of course this came from a highschool kid so we had to try it out.

Basically they had me lean against a wall and hyperventilate for 15 seconds, then hold my breath, cross my arms across my chest, and lean against the wall while the three of them pushed against my arms/chest. I hit the ground instantly and was out for about ten seconds.

Looking back on it now I realize how freaking stupid we were to try that. That probably caused a bunch of brain damage. No wonder I'm so messed up #-o

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

well...ive fainted twice the first time i was walking with a friend and his voice seemed to be moving farther away and i became light headed and woke up on the ground

the second time i was at school it was like super hot and i went to the caf to get a cold drink

once i took a drink i passed out...never knew why...thoguht it might of been like sudden temperature change

natspic.png

Well, when my friends and I were younger we heard about a way to make eachother pass out. Of course this came from a highschool kid so we had to try it out.

Basically they had me lean against a wall and hyperventilate for 15 seconds, then hold my breath, cross my arms across my chest, and lean against the wall while the three of them pushed against my arms/chest. I hit the ground instantly and was out for about ten seconds.

Looking back on it now I realize how freaking stupid we were to try that. That probably caused a bunch of brain damage. No wonder I'm so messed up #-o

you realise how many deaths there have been from doing stuff like that? lol kudos for stopping and realising what you've done though :thumbsup:

you realise how many deaths there have been from doing stuff like that? lol kudos for stopping and realising what you've done though :thumbsup:

Yeah I know that it was really stupid but we were in the 8th grade at the time [13 years old] and we were idiots. At least we weren't hooked on heroin :shame:

Edit: It was only the once. One friend got really sick and was throwing up after. We were too scared to try it again.

I know the price. I pay it gladly.

One time I was at a theme park and it was REALLY hot the day we went.. So we decided to go on a water ride.. So we'd been standing in line for about 45 minutes, then I started to feel sick.. It wasn't long after and I was having trouble moving, then everything turned purple, then black.. I woke up laying on the floor with my parents around me and a nurse (who was in line behind us) telling my parents what to do.. So a few days later my parents took me to the doctor to see if he could figure out what had caused it. It turns out I have low blood preassure so when I stand for a long time (without moving much) the blood begins to pool in my legs and I don't get enough flowing to my brain... Let's just say I haven't been to any theme park in a year or 2... Damn long lines <.<

THis happens to me just about everyday...I get up out of my chair too quickly and i jus feel fainty and my vision turns buzzy and blury...but wat i do is quickly run to the nearest couch/bed and jus jump on it with my head down to make it go away

Once my brother and I got into a fight. Literally, a physical fight. We hardly ever fight at all. But, he grabbed me and put me in this headlock in which I couldn't breathe. He held it for so long, I passed out and had a huge bump on my head after hitting it on some drum equipment on the way to the floor. :x God, my brother is stupid.

3898000bYVcx.png

before? start sweating, cant really breathe and the air feels weird in my mouth, getting dizzy, feeling extremely weak(not being able to stand up), and blackness trying to push in my view. for some reason i pass out about twice a year always around the same time, 6 months apart. the doctors have no idea why...yet. im gonna figure that out. :-k

That causes brain damage?!!?!?! Oh [cabbage]. Not good. I've probally had that done to me about 10-20 times.

The other time I've fainted not deliberately was when I had just had a really hot bath in the middle of winter. I stood up, my vision went blurred and I whacked my head on the sink as I came down. Apparently it made a really nasty crack. I did that again recently but I fell back into the bath. Luckily I woke up pretty much as I hit the water so I didn't drown.

ragenori9bosq4.gif

Thanks Venomai for this super sig and Kwimbob for the awesome avatar!

That causes brain damage?!!?!?! Oh cabbage. Not good. I've probally had that done to me about 10-20 times.

The other time I've fainted not deliberately was when I had just had a really hot bath in the middle of winter. I stood up, my vision went blurred and I whacked my head on the sink as I came down. Apparently it made a really nasty crack. I did that again recently but I fell back into the bath. Luckily I woke up pretty much as I hit the water so I didn't drown.

lol too lazy to take a shower?

lighviolet1lk4.jpg