July 31st Update: Crossbows

Zoid_nerd

Hmm.. to everyone crying about mage being worthless now next to range, what are you talking about?

I'm not even going to mention ancient but think about this, the majority of all this damage is coming from the enchanted bolts. These enchanted bolts are untradeable, so you have to enchant them yourself. Guess what skill you need to enchant these uber stuff? Thats right, magic. So in order to do this awesome range damage, you need a good (or at least decent) mage level. -.-

Seems to me this may actually be a mage update in disguise... :-k Oh well, I'm happy considering my character is a mage-range toon.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just tested out my dragonstone bolts in the duel arena...took quite a while for the effect to take place. :? Lost 33 of the 36 bolts i had in the process of getting these two shots...

dstoneboltsqy0.png

dstonebolts2rv2.png

77 Combat || 1620+ Skill Total || Owner of Fire Cape

Just tried the water bolts on ahrim and well....its not worth it unles your 99 range wiht d stone bolts. Luckily i got a video and you can see the effect in here

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=226FJSMZ

(Quit: tallest please come to the death altar, give me 1,337,000,000 gp, a golden tinderbox, and a spade, also steal one of zidanes phats and give it to me.

Guest scubasteve2490

little late but i got some pics of the grapple in action

grappel225000qh8.png

grappel225129sc2.png

grappel225132ur8.png

little late but who cares :thumbsup:

The only thing this update is useful for is the grappling hook to get to the water obelisk faster. Which isn't very good assuming that everyone can make air orbs.

Currently owning 4 santas and a White, and 2 Red phats. Also, cooking 40k sharks. ^^ I love cooking.

2001tr8.gifcoolguyro8.pngjaybotbuddyvb9.png

dragonmpraycape,Jaybot.gif

Guest scubasteve2490
The only thing this update is useful for is the grappling hook to get to the water obelisk faster. Which isn't very good assuming that everyone can make air orbs.

you can't go from catherby to the water oblisk :-w

Im happy for the update and what are you talking about? Mages have -3-, yes -3-, magic systems.

true three sets, which are all "accesories to the main combat classes"

no biggie I do more than mage, just saying, melee with dds can two or three hit, easy, rangers as well, mages? oh shoot I got a 30 with barrage what next while this guy slaps on black dhide and uses bug abuse "dds" to pwon me?

it just makes mage a definate non class. I'm not complaining, as I do more than one and will use my mage advantage, but the fact remains mage is not a "real class" only an add on. contrary to what was promised it would become.

this isn't the place for this discussion and i'm sorry for it. Huzzah Dstone bolts for 41-60 FTW!!!!!!! (soften em up with diamonds kiddies!)

its a cool update but the underlying problem is that hps max out at 99. raising attacks to the two or three hit lvl is just causing faster deaths. sorta gay if you ask me.

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

I agree with oldstyle. I'm 99 mage, and it is pretty much useless for pking. If I had a quarter for everytime I maged someone and they threw on black dragonhide and proceeded to own me, I' be a very rich person. This ranged update makes me happy, just another thing to goof around with at castlewars.

shorty2av.gif

Shorty427-96 CB merchanter/skiller banned 6/27/04

The Jakal-109 CB 99 Range/Magic/Fletching, 80 runecrafting.

Kirby1288-101 CB skiller 99 fletching.

holy cow patting hell, that owns the bleh...also think about this!

rune crossbow

potted

99 range

ONYX BOLTS

were talking like 45+ here, that pic of 41 surely didnt use onyx bolts and maybe he doesnt have 99 range? disappeared in the thin air the wildy for pures and mains alike just got alot more interesting.

If you want to spend a few million for a few shots where you'll pk some Rune, be my guest :?

We need a better way to get Onyx Bolts :? And more frequent effects.

A maybe good pk method would be:

Recoil

MSB Spec

Switch to Rune CBow and attack with a DFire Bolt. Maybe KO with extreme luck.

I agree with oldstyle. I'm 99 mage, and it is pretty much useless for pking. If I had a quarter for everytime I maged someone and they threw on black dragonhide and proceeded to own me, I' be a very rich person. This ranged update makes me happy, just another thing to goof around with at castlewars.

exactly, a person uses armor they are dead by diamond bolts or dstone, if they mage they are toast vs a ranger. a knight can put on black dhide and a dds...

hmm where is the pk triangle? oooo mage is supplimental. I don't mind but please bill it as such, and not claim it as a real class.

These bolts will be changing things greatly, the REAL question is what will jagex counter with? 8x30 dds 1x41 rune cb and dstone, 99hps total... where does it end? or do we just two hit one another?

http://rsdo.net/sigs/users/s/sharkeater75.png

126 combat. 2001 total. 101 prayer. and off to go WoWin.

WHEEE NO MORE RANDOMS!!!! -.-

exactly, a person uses armor they are dead by diamond bolts or dstone, if they mage they are toast vs a ranger. a knight can put on black dhide and a dds...

hmm where is the pk triangle? oooo mage is supplimental. I don't mind but please bill it as such, and not claim it as a real class.

These bolts will be changing things greatly, the REAL question is what will jagex counter with? 8x30 dds 1x41 rune cb and dstone, 99hps total... where does it end? or do we just two hit one another?

I agree, RS has come down to having 2 classes...pretty much shooters and beaters.

Runescape pking is so lame now...

Its basically a dds spec and name calling.

I really wish jagex would step up and define mages and rangers as a support for meleeers. People bring 2 styles of fighting to the wilderness or get pked, and they should recognize that...

little late but i got some pics of the grapple in action

grappel225132ur8.png

little late but who cares :thumbsup:

Some of the other Grappling hook locations aren't all that great, but that spot rocks :shock: . No more White Wolf Mountain for me!

I'm going to try out some Dragonfire bolts in CW, but I hate Range too much to delve into crossbows any more :wink: .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Runescape pking is so lame now...

Its basically a dds spec and name calling.

I really wish jagex would step up and define mages and rangers as a support for meleeers. People bring 2 styles of fighting to the wilderness or get pked, and they should recognize that...

I think that giving dhide/kharils a NEGATIVE melee bonus would fix all of the hybrid issues. Only problem with that is slayer monsters who use a mage-based melee attack.... #-o

Worth the trade-off in my opinion even though I slay WAY more than pk/duel.

RahkUrWrld.png

PM me in game to use some skills of mine (glories/potions) free or to ask a question.

Fire Cape - 04/29/06 Lvl 104

RAHK's Pro PC Gear and Guide(clickable)

splash02tm6.jpg Tired of hack and slash? FPSers getting old? Give this game a try!

All everyone seems to care about is how these special effects happen very rarely but still ruin the pk triangle. I think these new crossbows arent so good for pking but are very good for ordinary range training at say dust devils, im 74 ranged and i hit 12's on them with high accuracy with iron bolts.

Chris_2_8.png

Wow, I never thought that I would see the day where mages are the ones complaining about being underpowered. :lol: Guys, the special is random and uncommon and the crossbow is slow.

But honestly, you mages were for overpowered rangers: whenever someone used to say mages were over powered, they would say that they aren't because they pay 2k per shot. Well, now rangers pay 5k per shot to own you.

I just love poetic irony. :boohoo:

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

wow, long time no see bv.

Anyway, wasnt there a day back when there was no ancients and the best spell was charged god spell and the best mage outfit was zammy robes? (around summer 2004)

These do make ranged pking a bit more unpredictable though (hit for 15, 15, then suddenly 35, ko'ed)

tim_chenw2.png
6,924th to 30 hunting, 13,394th to 30 summoning, 52,993rd to 30 Divination

Kiln Record (Post-EoC): W 25 - L 0, 14 Uncut Onyx, 8 Jad hits received (Best record: Two in the same kiln)
Obby set renewed post update #2: 0

QBD drops: 21 crossbow parts, 3 Visages, 1 Kites, 2 Kits

Max Port Score [2205] Achieved: 27th April 2013 (World 2nd)

Farmyard Rampage ranking: 12th, 50,000 Kills.

Dragon Pickaxe Drops: 1 (Times after I first entered Battlefield: 2h)

wow, long time no see bv.
<------ / me points to his status

They take down the WoW servers every tuesday morning for 6 hours for repairs.

Anyway, wasnt there a day back when there was no ancients and the best spell was charged god spell and the best mage outfit was zammy robes? (around summer 2004)
:shame: I'm talking about modern pking, as in whips, anchients, screwed msb.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Wow, I never thought that I would see the day where mages are the ones complaining about being underpowered. :lol: Guys, the special is random and uncommon and the crossbow is slow.

But honestly, you mages were for overpowered rangers: whenever someone used to say mages were over powered, they would say that they aren't because they pay 2k per shot. Well, now rangers pay 5k per shot to own you.

I just love poetic irony. :boohoo:

*Plotting revenge on Bloodveld for that post*

I guess you're right though :? . These bolts are strong, but they have the Rune Crossbow, the best one, has a meager +50 Range bonus and is pretty slow, + most specials are very rare. And then, everyone whining about the guys hitting 40s, those guys have 95+ range, are potted, and that was a 1 in 30 shot.

So, all in all this is a pretty good update. It adds a new twist to ranging, gives it a little more power and maneuvariblity, but doesn't overpower it. Yay :D . Oh, and Mage still ownz all.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.