Soloing the Giant Mole -Updated/New strategy(AOW discussion)

Nathaninch

good....ugafan and i need that map! we have been moleing for the past day and we get annoyed looking for her.if you showed us a way to find her faster we would greatly appreciate it.

p.s. i do more damage than he does and hes lvl 80 :P

Yeah, it helps a lot...thanks!

PS...you know who owns in the combat ring, duel arena, or leesters party. :P

ya.....but u were prayin at leesters.....and...uh....oh look at the time....

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone told me to go dharok the mole once. It worked until the darn thing 20-ed [Typo fixed.] me. (I wasn't praying for melee.) None of us found my death pile, so that was like 100k lost, after which I decided that dharok wasn't meant for things that hit that high.

I would also like to add that you can range it, there are some safe spots along the wall that someone showed me. Range also means less catching up it seems.

Why weren't you praying melee when you were DKing :roll:

x12.png

blackgoldrobesrv5.png

Yes I am a girl. No, I won't be your girlfriend. :oops:

You need to chill man, all i said was it cant hit 30. Wasn't "jumping down your throat" as you said if you mistyped just say that. Dont say im jumping down your throat <.<
You caught me at a bad time. Which is happening rather often nowadays.

the%20zephyrus.gif

The%20Zephyrus.gif

Click (above) for my blog!!

runemcw,the%20zephyrus.gif

Great guide, very well written. :D

I went a few weeks a go with a friend, and every 1 hit we got ''she'' would dig, it got really frustrating and we couldn't even find the drops. :wall: This guide will definitely help for future reference. :)

sigdu0.gif

Quit RS to play real games. :P Bye TIF, miss you.

I don't use the same strategy as your guide, but the guide got me interested in moleing and helped me to develop my own strategy. The map also helps me out a ton, it's a great way to look for her. Thanks for giving me something to do while I'm not DK'ing.

ssigoy4.gif

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Well. I think this is better to get health down:

Turn off latern, the bugs hit 1,1,1 like every second, wait till you're at around 20-5 health and turn latern on and put on prayer...

I use DDS/Whip works well.

If anyone remembers me... PM ME. having nostaligia issues D:

My strategy i used to kill the mole 12 times was to dds spec using pray so i hit alot and then switched to veracs, i then got a lvl 50 to search for it in north then i looked in south, id say i got a kill every 5-10 mins. also as you dont need much food to kill it you could bring a str and att pot or even super att and str if your willing to waste some money. I mainly killed it for fun. Once i kill around 30 more ill post the drops ive got from it.

Chris_2_8.png

Nice guide, renewed my interest in moleing :) :thumbsup:

I'm just trying to figure out if there is some sign of where the mole digs to. The only differance I have noticed when he digs, is the direction he turns, sound effects and whether or not you get a splatter, I honestly think there is a pattern that would tell which direction the mole will show up. Just a matter of decifering it. :-k

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

Nice guide, renewed my interest in moleing :) :thumbsup:

I'm just trying to figure out if there is some sign of where the mole digs to. The only differance I have noticed when he digs, is the direction he turns, sound effects and whether or not you get a splatter, I honestly think there is a pattern that would tell which direction the mole will show up. Just a matter of decifering it. :-k

If you figure it out, please let me know. I havent figured it out...and it's definitely not the direction that she turns when digging.

it just came to my mind that someone on the General P2P said that he/she hit the KBD insanly high whit ruby (E) bolts. When hunting da mole it's important that u hit high, rite? Well, i think the solution would be to dds spec him whit super str, att and prayers, then use the crossbow and pray for a big hit O:) :-w

it's not the fastest, but a good way for rangers meh thinks.

S11m.gif
Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

After doing this both ways, with prayer stuff and a whip, and with Dharok, the prayer and whip works much better for my lvl of combat. The mole seems to be relatively hard for me to hit. My stats when I quaff a super str and atk potion are only like 93/94 and I still have a hard time hitting him. I find that I can kill the mole about 4 times in prayer gear and only about 2 times in Dharok. While when I hit with Dharok it generally hits higher, it doesn't hit often enough, or fast enough to compare with prayer saving gear and a whip. Prayer just drains to fast and mine is 70. Not to mention Dharok is heavier and I can't run for as long. So I think for now I will stick with prayer gear until my stats get a little better.

I still haven't found a pattern to his digging, and I started to get frustrated with chasing him so quit for a little while :P

sig_trippy2.jpg

Why should we buy postage stamps when we can make our own?

aperson being

After doing this both ways, with prayer stuff and a whip, and with Dharok, the prayer and whip works much better for my lvl of combat. The mole seems to be relatively hard for me to hit. My stats when I quaff a super str and atk potion are only like 93/94 and I still have a hard time hitting him. I find that I can kill the mole about 4 times in prayer gear and only about 2 times in Dharok. While when I hit with Dharok it generally hits higher, it doesn't hit often enough, or fast enough to compare with prayer saving gear and a whip. Prayer just drains to fast and mine is 70. Not to mention Dharok is heavier and I can't run for as long. So I think for now I will stick with prayer gear until my stats get a little better.

I find I can normally kill 4, sometimes 5 with the prayer gear. With dharoks, it's half 3 and 4, sometimes 5 if I'm hitting well.

However, dharok trips take almost half the time that the prayer gear does, which is the biggest advantage in my opinion.

It's likely that our difference in level makes the difference. I'll fit that into the post sometime when i feel like it.

wow great guide,id never really considered killing this mole before but reading this kinda made me want a go.So ive just been and tried i used the dds/whip option whilst praying from melee managed to do 5 of them.It seems mith plates are a common drop as my drops were 3 Mith plates,690 iron arrows and 105 fire runes,seeds were all really low level though :(

wishkahbanks.gif

Very nice guide!

By the way, have you tried the dragon halberd special?

It hits HARD and twice since the mole is giant.

But well.... you don't have unlimited specials....

Got fire cape at the 17th of June 2006

Abyssal whip drops: 6

Nice guide. 8-)

lol my brother told me something he used to do, which works good for killing it by yourself.

stuff to bring

With protect item prayer off

lightsource, shovel, dds

With protect item prayer on

lightsource, shovel, dds, either gloves that boost your stat or a glory.

just make sure your respawn point is in falador.

When you die, you get full health and full prayer points back.

just run back to the mole and continue killing =O

elliot_nally.png