Soloing the Giant Mole -Updated/New strategy(AOW discussion)

Nathaninch

gr8 guide

the giant mole is my favourite monster to kill, with friends. I can own it easily and im only lvl 66 :-w

ive quit because of the dumb side of the RS community, not because i play too much (like 1 hour a day)

rareszg0.png

dont get lured!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can u use a canon on the Mole?

If she doesn't destroy it, maybe you can set it somewhere?

Somewhere the Mole often comes or something, or at the respawn point?

Yes, cannon works. I set it in the most annoying spot, the north east corner. It's a secluded spawn and the mole wanders there sometimes, and i rarely check there.

another way to do it is to use veracs. youll hit often and the prayer bonus is nothing to laugh at.

decedenthope.png

Killed Hobgoblin Champion: 1/28/07

The economy is run by 13 year olds. Inflation hits when their girlfriends dump them. Besides, in any normal economy an influx of new items is a good shot in the arm.

• 1 month later...

A few suggestions/changes for you.

#1: Lowering HP with latern

You can no longer extinguish your lamp down in the lair, nor can you enter with an unlit lamp.

#2: Dharoks Setup

I suggest not bringing a teleport (house teleport if you really need to) and to bring atleast 1 pray pot (2 more if you are under 70 prayer). Also you do not need a tinderbox since a bullseye latern cannot go out, nor can you extinguish down in the cave. Finally, why bring dds and defender; if the mole dies by poison there is a good chance that you might lose pile. That extra 18 hp that the dds might do isnt worth losing the pile.

#3: What about range!

Many times i have gone down there with range and done great (ignore the fact im 99 range please). If you bring a rune c'bow and ruby(e) bolts you can hit up to 40 when it is near full hp. After it is half dead pull out a crystal bow, the mole seems to be very weak to range and this way you dont use prayer (maybe 50 pray per trip if you dont know how to safespot). Just for you Nathan i'll even post a picture of my inventory and equipment. Feel free to use the picture in your guide.

rangemole7xo.png

Thank you for reading my suggestions and I hope you can make some quick changes to improve your already great guide.

I find no point in killing Giant mole. I already have 3 spirit seeds from miscellania. \'

I think the giant mole is a he though. You called it a she.

Actually the mole is a mother.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

A few suggestions/changes for you.

#1: Lowering HP with latern

You can no longer extinguish your lamp down in the lair, nor can you enter with an unlit lamp.

Ill change that now. Thanks :)

#2: Dharoks Setup

I suggest not bringing a teleport (house teleport if you really need to) and to bring atleast 1 pray pot (2 more if you are under 70 prayer). Also you do not need a tinderbox since a bullseye latern cannot go out, nor can you extinguish down in the cave. Finally, why bring dds and defender; if the mole dies by poison there is a good chance that you might lose pile. That extra 18 hp that the dds might do isnt worth losing the pile.

I think the greatest advantage of teleporting is restocking your prayer for free (or close) and bank while you're doing it. The cost of prayer potions is just too high for me to want to use them.

I don't have a bullseye and am just too lazy to make one lol.

The poison owns! I've never lost a pile, and when the mole starts getting reaallllly elusive, it is a HUGE help.

#3: What about range!

Many times i have gone down there with range and done great (ignore the fact im 99 range please). If you bring a rune c'bow and ruby(e) bolts you can hit up to 40 when it is near full hp. After it is half dead pull out a crystal bow, the mole seems to be very weak to range and this way you dont use prayer (maybe 50 pray per trip if you dont know how to safespot). Just for you Nathan i'll even post a picture of my inventory and equipment. Feel free to use the picture in your guide.

rangemole7xo.png

Id like to try that out. In fact I hope yoiur online right now so you can come with.

Thanks for the pic Campy :)

• 1 month later...
very imformative guide. i find it helpful to bring 1-2 energy or super energy pots incase you have to run from the south of the caves up to the north

Yeah, energy potions help, but it's more of a convenience than anything else. I prefer the extra inventory space and not spending money on more potions.

But hey, everyone has their own preferences.

Very nice, I've been solo-ing the mole a lot lately (50 kills yay), but I'd like to add that just plain black dhide and a few monks and his attack barely ever hits. Also, ranging him(no wait, her, she's surrounded by babies) is extremely effective, a mage short with rune arrows (for specials) and a crystal bow is pretty good.

1690 total and unranked strength. Headed for 1800.

siggyanimatoin5dtbp3.gif

I like the irony (no wait, paradoxicality) in how there's a spelling error in this sig.

• 1 month later...

Awesome guide. =D> Thank you.

This guide has helped me find my new hobby. :P Btw, does the mole always spawn in the middle? Just wanna make sure.

halo2sigcj2.png

Thanks Jason321 for the sig!^

Proud to have served the Tip.it Crew

Drops: 2x D Chain, 1x D Legs, 2x D Left Half, 1x D spear, 2x D med (monsters), 5x D Med (Barrows), 4x D Axe, 2x Zerker, Abyssal whip x1, 7x D Boots

Barrows items: 55 (not counting the meds)

I think the mole always spawns in the middle after you kill it but it can wander off.

Instead of initiate or proslyte armour, I've found that it's best just to use monks robes as you can run for longer. Also, an unholy book (prayer book for zammy) is good in the shield spots as it boosts your prayer, meaning that you can stay for longer before re-charging and it increases your attack. Whip FTW! :thumbsup:

Very good guide though!

My friend you would not tell with such high zest / to children ardent for some desperate glory / the old lie: Dulce et decorum est / pro patria mori.

These 'noobs' are not people as such, they are soulless creations of corporate greed.

• 2 weeks later...

I have another tecnique for the mole...veracs.

1. Go and use veracs to kill mole (i find that veracs is better than dds, dunno why)

errr...thats it.

otherwise, great guide!

Alternate Philosophy:

"Things just happen. What the hell"

obliviousvk7.png

I have another tecnique for the mole...veracs.

1. Go and use veracs to kill mole (i find that veracs is better than dds, dunno why)

errr...thats it.

otherwise, great guide!

yep verac owns the mole, good defence, pray bonus and of course the special effect

• 3 weeks later...

I'll have to show this guide to Tripsis, caus when you lose 2.25k for every pot you make, thats just not right!

Anyways, are there any stat recemendations or anything? Caus i'm thinkin about doing this myself.

Don't ask me for what I do for fun.

Anyways, what I do for fun (besides RS) is to tear up assignments I get and then try to re-create them. It's so much fun =D.

(I also like differrent things.(and purple ))

Hasaple2.png

Hasaple2.png

i love killing her but recently i sold my d scim to get guthans will guthans be effective against her?

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Maybe this guide was made after great brain robbery, but I've found that the anchor is great against her! It hits slow and hard, and the special just makes it easier to hit her (reduces cb stats). I still take super strength+super attack, because sometimes I keep hitting zero, but Its a great way to kill her. I can post an equip screen if you like, just PM me ingame.

• 1 month later...

rspicsk6.png

Defensive Ownage

1.)First,attack the giant mole with dds specials(if you have).

2.)Second,once you finish using dds specials use take out whip and start killing it.

3.)Third,once it has ran you shall walk around and find him and attack him again.

4.)Finally,once you have killed it get the loot and repeat the steps.

P.S. You may have to drop food so do not bring food that costs a lot but still lobbies or better.

frogmangm7.png

I now control frogs and serpents!mwuhahaha.