A Guide to Using the Abyss Safely and Efficiently

Joltia

very nice guide on the normal abyss, but what about the other two?

06aug09131229sc4.th.png

A pic of the random abyss, a random you get when your teleing. You can use that pic if you want. Include a little on it, like what you have to do.

Also dont forget the other Abyss, the one through the fairy rings, ALR. Include monster levels, some good drops and mabye training tips like safespots ect.

This guide is specifically about the abyss you use to Runecraft, thanks for the info but it's not needed. :)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes I remember this guide... I was actually looking for it when I first started abby running.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

OK, here is my favorite way to do abyss.

1. Make runecraft pkers' life miserable:give them no loot by carrying the 1 dose prayer pot: you keep your glory through item protect prayer and you still have the advantage of the fast teleport and the small protection it gives against the abyssal monsters.

I never wear armour this also makes the PKers' life miserable, no d hide drops.

I wear: glory, air battle staff = protection and also teleport, legends cape, boots of lightness, sara book and family crest gloves. All these things are usefull and the only thing left when I die is air battlestaff, they still high alch for 9300gp, still a low price for the pker.

2. Run all the timecarrying the above will make you eat from time to time in bank, I use my 5k leftover strawberries for that, any low level food will do.

Because your weight is low, you can drink potions in bank and never stop running.

When pkers are there, stop running, let the skeletons attack you, until you think you can make the final dash. Often you can report the pker for cursing you =P~

3. Teleport whenever you see something coming for you.I hate being teleblocked at Camelot, but I just avoided being PKed.

4. Vengeance is sweet and makes the future a little easier:

If you were not teleblocked, use your glory, take 3 items and go for the PKers throat. When he attacked you he got skulled and gave you the option to attack him without being skulled unless he logs out.

PKers do not like me attacking them with crystal bow :D i often teleblock them just for the heck of it.

If I see them again, I do not wait to be attacked, I just get out my crystal bow and 1 item him/her till they are blue in the face. I just keep coming back till he or she logs out/gives up.

5. Worst comes to worst: you try to tele, too late. You try to run, you are entangled. Drink your prayer pot, protect item. Now drop your pouches as soon as possible.

You die, get full prayer and lose skull.

Use glory, go edgeville, bank glory, run to pick up your pouches, sara book, family crest gloves and boots of lightness, you just lost an air battle staff.

If the pker kills me again, i get 4 items (always pouches first) and die with again protect item.

The sara book you get back in lighthouse (5k), the gloves in Varrock (for free). Boots of lightness you will have to wait/work a little to pick up some.

Air battles i make myself and are good craft exp. I like to high alch them myself better than give them to a PKer, but I can take an occasional air battlestaff loss.

If the PKer is still around see option 4.

6.Law running

No staff allowed, use home made tablets, or Letya crystal or ectophial as teleport backup.

I personally rather do this over Draynor, and not abyss.

When repairing pouches I just craft natures or deaths. And tele back to Draynor. When you use this technique wear a duel ring as backup this is safe over Draynor and takes no inventory space.

Oops, I forgot to say, I am high agility and thief, so those are the obstacles that i go through, this of course saves me the space for a bronze axe or pickaxe.

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

OK, here is my favorite way to do abyss.

1. Make runecraft pkers' life miserable:give them no loot by carrying the 1 dose prayer pot: you keep your glory through item protect prayer and you still have the advantage of the fast teleport and the small protection it gives against the abyssal monsters.

I never wear armour this also makes the PKers' life miserable, no d hide drops.

I wear: glory, air battle staff = protection and also teleport, legends cape, boots of lightness, sara book and family crest gloves. All these things are usefull and the only thing left when I die is air battlestaff, they still high alch for 9300gp, still a low price for the pker.

2. Run all the timecarrying the above will make you eat from time to time in bank, I use my 5k leftover strawberries for that, any low level food will do.

Because your weight is low, you can drink potions in bank and never stop running.

When pkers are there, stop running, let the skeletons attack you, until you think you can make the final dash. Often you can report the pker for cursing you =P~

3. Teleport whenever you see something coming for you.I hate being teleblocked at Camelot, but I just avoided being PKed.

4. Vengeance is sweet and makes the future a little easier:

If you were not teleblocked, use your glory, take 3 items and go for the PKers throat. When he attacked you he got skulled and gave you the option to attack him without being skulled unless he logs out.

PKers do not like me attacking them with crystal bow :D i often teleblock them just for the heck of it.

If I see them again, I do not wait to be attacked, I just get out my crystal bow and 1 item him/her till they are blue in the face. I just keep coming back till he or she logs out/gives up.

5. Worst comes to worst: you try to tele, too late. You try to run, you are entangled. Drink your prayer pot, protect item. Now drop your pouches as soon as possible.

You die, get full prayer and lose skull.

Use glory, go edgeville, bank glory, run to pick up your pouches, sara book, family crest gloves and boots of lightness, you just lost an air battle staff.

If the pker kills me again, i get 4 items (always pouches first) and die with again protect item.

The sara book you get back in lighthouse (5k), the gloves in Varrock (for free). Boots of lightness you will have to wait/work a little to pick up some.

Air battles i make myself and are good craft exp. I like to high alch them myself better than give them to a PKer, but I can take an occasional air battlestaff loss.

If the PKer is still around see option 4.

6.Law running

No staff allowed, use home made tablets, or Letya crystal or ectophial as teleport backup.

I personally rather do this over Draynor, and not abyss.

When repairing pouches I just craft natures or deaths. And tele back to Draynor. When you use this technique wear a duel ring as backup this is safe over Draynor and takes no inventory space.

Oops, I forgot to say, I am high agility and thief, so those are the obstacles that i go through, this of course saves me the space for a bronze axe or pickaxe.

I like to make the PKers get really aggrivated because their magic spells bounce off me 5 times in a row, but your way seems fun also. :mrgreen:

Very good guide...I used to always get owned in the abyss. But since I read this, haven't died(except for one pker...)

Thanks, I've never died while using this method, just make sure to click your form of teleport as soon as you can't move, and you should be fine. :)

Yeah, I thought the extra ess was better than the tele. #-o

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

Very good guide...I used to always get owned in the abyss. But since I read this, haven't died(except for one pker...)

Thanks, I've never died while using this method, just make sure to click your form of teleport as soon as you can't move, and you should be fine. :)

Yeah, I thought the extra ess was better than the tele. #-o
The tele is the most important thing you can bring, the D-hide is just so the spells bounce off more than they hit - saving time + teleport tablets. :thumbsup:

very good guide :)

One thing: if you gonna die you should your pouches since they disappear. I know this because at the only time I died, I got teled to fally by the life ring and died there from the poison. I waited for my stuff and only the pouches were missing.

mualemjuggle.png

I hope this thread doesn't get removed again, I'll have to try and keep it on the first or second page. <.<

I don't think it was removed, I think it is on the Archive of Wisdom forum.

They moved alot of guides, and they probably tried to move this one too. Since the link on the Archive of Wisdom sticky is a dead link, it must have gotten lost in Dimension X. That place steals alot of my golf balls too.

I wish you would have posted this in the Archive forum though. Now we have to wait for a mod to move it. :P I'll fix the link once it gets moved.

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

I hope this thread doesn't get removed again, I'll have to try and keep it on the first or second page. <.<

I don't think it was removed, I think it is on the Archive of Wisdom forum.

They moved alot of guides, and they probably tried to move this one too. Since the link on the Archive of Wisdom sticky is a dead link, it must have gotten lost in Dimension X. That place steals alot of my golf balls too.

I wish you would have posted this in the Archive forum though. Now we have to wait for a mod to move it. :P I'll fix the link once it gets moved.

This thread created when the Archive of Wisdom was just a sticky in this forum, I'm sorry for the hassle. #-o

if you only have 1 glory ammy, you could use it up, then go with the empty ammy and a enchanted saph necklace. go through abyss, use necklace, charge glory, tele to edgeville with glory. 1 minute extra and 1 slot on 4 trips but saves the hassle of walking there. It also works with more than 1, use all of them, then take all of them once they've all been used. Just that it's alot to lose if u get caught on the run with all ur ammys..

2kwooada.png

if you only have 1 glory ammy, you could use it up, then go with the empty ammy and a enchanted saph necklace. go through abyss, use necklace, charge glory, tele to edgeville with glory. 1 minute extra and 1 slot on 4 trips but saves the hassle of walking there. It also works with more than 1, use all of them, then take all of them once they've all been used. Just that it's alot to lose if u get caught on the run with all ur ammys..

That is possible but I suggest having atleast 10 glory amulets to use the abyss to it's full portential, any less and you might as well just use the actual altar itself.

I saw you in-game the other night, but you tellied away just before I could "HYT" you one. This is a pretty nice guide you've made. I can't say that I knew about the bearhead, but the others are kind of standard RCing equipment so I'm glad to say that I wasn't THAT far out to lunch when I RC.

I have one question though. If one were to, let's say "die" :-w where do you think I could get the bearhead back? I haven't done the quest yet, but it's #1 on my quest to-do list.

Thanks for any help you can give. And in 5 days time I'll be back to Rcing going for lvl 80.

Slack_Tide.png

Thank you for this guide. I always have been queasy around places with poison and where you can die :oops:

Heh no problem, I can assure you, you're not the only one, I'm actually surprised how many people avoid the abyss. :?

I saw you in-game the other night, but you tellied away just before I could "HYT" you one. This is a pretty nice guide you've made. I can't say that I knew about the bearhead, but the others are kind of standard RCing equipment so I'm glad to say that I wasn't THAT far out to lunch when I RC.

I have one question though. If one were to, let's say "die" Whistle where do you think I could get the bearhead back? I haven't done the quest yet, but it's #1 on my quest to-do list.

Thanks for any help you can give. And in 5 days time I'll be back to Rcing going for lvl 80.

Oh I'm sorry you missed me, I'll be sure to keep an eye out in future. :wink: The bearhead is a pretty uncommon, yet very useful item, I'm just glad more people are realising it's potential now. I'm not 100% sure on how to get your Bearhead back as I have never actually died while wearing it (I think that's a good sign? :mrgreen: ), but if I ever do end up losing it, I'll make sure to post on if/how you can get it back. :)

EDIT: Confirmed, you can get your bearhead back by simply talking to the Chief in the village, I got a few more myself. Read the note in inventory for details.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Whats weird is that I've crafted over 15,000 nature runes in the abyss and I've never seen the Abyss Passage :-k (the one that requires no skill)

Nice guide though. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Same.. I've crafted 350k+ nats in the abyss now and I've never seen it.. Then again, I may just have missed it. My mind is always in "auto pilot rc mode" so I don't really pay much attention to what I'm doing.. I just do it :shock:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Whats weird is that I've crafted over 15,000 nature runes in the abyss and I've never seen the Abyss Passage :-k (the one that requires no skill)

Nice guide though. Two thumbs up! :thumbsup:

Same.. I've crafted 350k+ nats in the abyss now and I've never seen it.. Then again, I may just have missed it. My mind is always in "auto pilot rc mode" so I don't really pay much attention to what I'm doing.. I just do it :shock:

It's on the opposite side of the abyss when you're teleported in, try it for yourself if you'd like. ::'