A Guide to Using the Abyss Safely and Efficiently

Joltia

I don't think it was removed, I think it is on the Archive of Wisdom forum.

Well if it isn't, it really should be. Inspired me to start runecraftin nats first time in my rscareer and I like it. Now I just have to get some starting cash to start some serÃÆÃâÃâíous runecraftin. :)

u5zhkTY.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I died and lost my pouches just now so this is why i'm looking thorugth guides.

Would you tell me what you think of my set up (i'm level 91):

Full black dragon hide

Femmy shield (-1 mage defence +30 meele defences)

Mind helmet (befroe i lost it today)

Ring of life

Boots of lightness

99 woodcutting cape

and a glory

I also carry a camlot tele tablet (might change them to fally tabs), 3 pouches and 24 essance.

Thanx nashy.

TheRunecraftlook_124358.jpg

mithmwccape,nashy19.gif

nashy19.gif

mypet.jpg Click the image to pat my pet!

I died and lost my pouches just now so this is why i'm looking thorugth guides.

Would you tell me what you think of my set up (i'm level 91):

Full black dragon hide

Femmy shield (-1 mage defence +30 meele defences)

Mind helmet (befroe i lost it today)

Ring of life

Boots of lightness

99 woodcutting cape

and a glory

I also carry a camlot tele tablet (might change them to fally tabs), 3 pouches and 24 essance.

Thanx nashy.

TheRunecraftlook_124358.jpg

I don't see why you'd need the fremmy shield, a full set of black D-hide should provide more than enough Melee defence for the monsters, and why use a mind helmet? The Mountain Daughter quest is just as easy, if not easier than completing the Elemental Workshop series, and it gives you some Melee bonuses on top of the magic defence. It's also alot easier to replace, I always hate making prime bars in that workshop. :?

• 2 weeks later...

a way to get away from teleblocker is bring a sara brew and prayer pot if u get teleblocked and entangeld take a dose of each and turn on ur prayer sara brew raies defence and hp so ya and prayer pot well alows u to turn opn prayer it helps as i havent been killed by a teleblocker yet :)

iFishcopy-1.png

nice guide havent read it all yet but it looks very good

Heh, thanks, I know it can be a long read. :-w

:thumbsup: guide

Fastest way to recharge glories : http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=480193

OR you could use a Games Necklace (Saphire Necklace, enchanted) to teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room, then you simply run South to the Hero's Guild. If you have more than 29 glories you can use the Rogue's Den to bank and charge all your glory ammys.

a way to get away from teleblocker is bring a sara brew and prayer pot if u get teleblocked and entangeld take a dose of each and turn on ur prayer sara brew raies defence and hp so ya and prayer pot well alows u to turn opn prayer it helps as i havent been killed by a teleblocker yet :)

That's mentioned in the last section. Thanks.

OR you could use a Games Necklace (Saphire Necklace, enchanted) to teleport to the Burthorpe Games Room, then you simply run South to the Hero's Guild. If you have more than 29 glories you can use the Rogue's Den to bank and charge all your glory ammys.

i've been member only for one week so i just didn't know anything about moving around in the members area and i walked several times from edgy to heroes' guild to recharge my glories. if you'd just mention briefly this in your guide, maybe it'll help some other beginners :wink:

but what happens to penance gloves if i somehow (kinda unlikey when this guide has been read) lose them? do i have to go through the barbarian assault games again?

i've been member only for one week so i just didn't know anything about moving around in the members area and i walked several times from edgy to heroes' guild to recharge my glories. if you'd just mention briefly this in your guide, maybe it'll help some other beginners :wink:

but what happens to penance gloves if i somehow (kinda unlikey when this guide has been read) loose them? do i have to go through the barbarian assault games again?

I can't believe I forgot to put it in there in the first place! I'll definatly get on it soon, I've been pretty busy lately, it should be done by this weekend definatly. #-o

Regarding the Penance gloves, I'm not 100% sure, because I've never actually died while using the abyss/with my penenace gloves on, but if they're anything like the Fighter Torso (which they should be) you can just go back and pick them up if you get back in time. I don't really want to be the one to test it, it'd help if someone who has died with them on could post some info on it. Thanks. :-k

Thanks to everyone else who posted, I'm glad I could help. ::'

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice guide! I have a suggestion for the Paddewa-way-to-come-back-to-Edgeville.

Use a smoke rune! :D, and with fast-free-laws you dont loose anything.

Oh yeah, about if youre caught without glory or teleports, you can always go to the Body Rift, because the Body Altar is very close to Edgeville (Just a bit north-east). But if you already entered the (most common) Nature Rift, you can go to Shilo Village, grab a Glory, and go on!

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

insteresting, you have helped me see what separates the AOW guides from the non AOW ones that are like 11/10.

the presentation(as in underline, bold, color and size excessively) and the quality of covering all aspects (which includes excessive amounts of pics) of the subject from your title.

this guide has certain parts that are better than the abbys guide currently in the AOW but some (if even only a little) room for improvement.

9.5/10 :thumbsup:

keep up the good work!

newsignature1fs8.png

insteresting, you have helped me see what separates the AOW guides from the non AOW ones that are like 11/10.

the presentation(as in underline, bold, color and size excessively) and the quality of covering all aspects (which includes excessive amounts of pics) of the subject from your title.

this guide has certain parts that are better than the abbys guide currently in the AOW but some (if even only a little) room for improvement.

9.5/10 :thumbsup:

keep up the good work!

My guide is in the AOW, under skill guides: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=333760

I don't understand the next bit, I'm not sure if you're saying I'm using too much underline, bold, color and size, or not enough...? :?

And if you could tell me what needs improvement, it would be appreciated. :-#

well its just that as i look through the guides on AOW they all have jsut under an excessive amount of text editing.

like if you would look at the other abbys guide in pmg you would see that mario sunny uses slightly more amounts of text sizing and color and also has one thing you dont: the ctrl+f find function tabs in your table of contents.

if you got that in along with some links to offpost pics, such as your monster pics, and added a few more maps and pictures in general along with links to other sources that prove(not that i dont take your word for it) what you say.

add that and this guide will be 10/10 for sure ::'

newsignature1fs8.png

well its just that as i look through the guides on AOW they all have jsut under an excessive amount of text editing.

like if you would look at the other abbys guide in pmg you would see that mario sunny uses slightly more amounts of text sizing and color and also has one thing you dont: the ctrl+f find function tabs in your table of contents.

if you got that in along with some links to offpost pics, such as your monster pics, and added a few more maps and pictures in general along with links to other sources that prove(not that i dont take your word for it) what you say.

add that and this guide will be 10/10 for sure ::'

I'll try and make it look "prettier" then. :P

great job, by the way dragon slayer is only required to wear a green dhide body, I'm pretty sure you can wear any other dhide.

9/10

You're right, I'll change it now. Thanks, its really appreciated. :)

• 2 weeks later...

What would you suggest wearing instead of dragonhide and ghostly robes? I'm wearing dhide at the moment, but I want to try something that weighs less. I can't wear ghostly, because my prayer lvl is 1.

What would you suggest wearing instead of dragonhide and ghostly robes? I'm wearing dhide at the moment, but I want to try something that weighs less. I can't wear ghostly, because my prayer lvl is 1.

Ghostly robes don't have any stat requirements, so you could wear them, and to get access to them, you don't have to actually complete Desert Treasure. You do however need 53 thieving, which I see you do not currently have. Another alternative to Ghostly Robes are Larupia top and legs (they're already listed in my guide). They provide a small melee bonus (which could help, seeing as your defence isn't listed in the hi-scores) and weigh nothing.

I hope I helped. :)