A Guide to Using the Abyss Safely and Efficiently

Joltia

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I <3 this guide <3: Im going to try rcing on w18. i heard its acually better because abby pkers are too scared to pk us there :thumbsup:

~~~~~~~~~~~99 fletching~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~99 cooking~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~92+ fishing~~~~~~~~~~~

Huge fan of the TET crew, Good work guys

~"By the end of this ya'll be wearing gold-plated diapers!" "What does that even mean?"~

• 2 weeks later...
First of all, great guide. :D But a little question: when you aren't able to pick up more bearheads, but can with telegrab, is that a bug?

I am not totally sure, I'd say it is, but even if it is, it's a bug that doesn't really give you an advantage in the game, so I don't think Jagex will even bother fixing it.

I suggest that you suggest to use saradomin brews. They heal a LOT of hp and increase your def and hp beyond maximum. Lot of pkers call me def noob when they keep hitting 0-0 with dds specs lol.

Razz

There is a section in the Tips and Hints section of the guide about bringing extra sharks or prayer potions etc. I'll make sure to add in Saradomin Brews aswell soon.

I <3 this guide Love Im going to try rcing on w18. i heard its acually better because abby pkers are too scared to pk us there

Thanks (also to everyone else who commented). I wouldn't really suggest using World 18 to RC on, most of the time people don't really "need" to Pk at the Abyss (and let's face it, most people probably spend more on the runes/pots/weapons they buy than they get back from the glory they have a chance to get :-s ) they just do it because you're there, and they see an opportunity to get a free glory ammy. Whereas if you RC on a world with less people in Edgeville bank (or in the wilderness) you're less likely to attract Pkers.

Nice guide! You may want to add sara book - I think it gives +10 mage defence.

Thanks again for your comment, I'm glad people appreciate it, I did put alot of work into writing it. ::'

Actually the Saradomin book (when complete) gives less magic defence than the Mind Shield, and also weighs more. I did have it as part of the Suggested Equipment untill the Mind Shield was released.

I will be making a major update to the suggested equipment section of the guide, very soon. :)

Are you aware that when you're teleported in, you're always either next to the rocks obstacle or the agility obstacle, and that the walk-through passage is always on the other side of the circle to where you teleported in?

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

Ok info, not EXTEREMLY helpful, but gave me a few tips :P Also, I RC alot, and have never seen this abbyssal passage. Is it a extremly rare thing?

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

This is a very handy guide! Lots of good information, including some setups for protection I hadn't thought of. I also didn't realize that the mith pickaxe weighed less than the others! Thanks for saving me some time!

It might be a good idea to add that an easy way to replace the pouches is using the fairy rings. I didn't read through the pages, so I don't know if it was mentioned.

And personally, I use teleport crystals. They're easy to obtain, and once you have a lot, they're easy to recharge. Cheap too at 150gp for three charges. Far easier than having to craft teleport tablets in my opinion.

I like! =D

Are you aware that when you're teleported in, you're always either next to the rocks obstacle or the agility obstacle, and that the walk-through passage is always on the other side of the circle to where you teleported in?

Yes, it is mentioned, I believe.

very informative guide, but one little tip for you:

[image Removed to Save Space]

as soon as you right click over pouch, you have cursor above empty

Thanks for the tip, I've seen a few different set ups like this. I'll leave it for now, as I don't think it's overly important.

Ok info, not EXTEREMLY helpful, but gave me a few tips :P Also, I RC alot, and have never seen this abbyssal passage. Is it a extremly rare thing?

Uh...thanks, I think? :? Yes, the abyssal passage is always on the opposite side of the Abyss when you are teleported inside. It's not used much, but just thought I should add it in. :)

This is a very handy guide! Lots of good information, including some setups for protection I hadn't thought of. I also didn't realize that the mith pickaxe weighed less than the others! Thanks for saving me some time!

It might be a good idea to add that an easy way to replace the pouches is using the fairy rings. I didn't read through the pages, so I don't know if it was mentioned.

And personally, I use teleport crystals. They're easy to obtain, and once you have a lot, they're easy to recharge. Cheap too at 150gp for three charges. Far easier than having to craft teleport tablets in my opinion.

I like! =D

I'm glad you liked it, I have put alot of effort into writing and maintaining it. :o

Neither did I until I was rewriting the new Equipment Reccomedations and thought I'd give it a try, knowing that Mith is lighter than most other metals. I also expected Addy to be heavier, but it wasn't. :P

You are correct, I should have added it in. I forgot to add this in becuase I don't have much experience using it, because, I am yet to die and lose my pouches. :-w

And lastly, regarding the teleport crystals, I also used these for some time before Construction was released, bringing with it Teleport Tablets. I have mentioned why I choose House teleport tablets over other forms of teleportation. If you teleport away into your house with a teleport tablet, and then die from poison or delayed attacks, you will still retain all your items (you will simply respawn outside your house), whereas if you teleport away to the Elf city with the Teleport Crystal, you have to rush to the bank to deposit all your items before you are killed. And I think price shouldn't be a problem, you would only be using 1 Tablet every 20 runs at the most, which I think is abysmal in comparison to the amount of money you would have made from the runes you crafted during those runs. For people with 91+ RC, that makes nearly 600k. They are also a bit bigger in size compared with the Teleport Crystals, which in the frantic situation of being attacked, can be handy if you don't have to squint at your inventory in search of the tiny Teleport Crystal.

Thanks for all your responses, they're all appreciated. ::'

Nice guide Jolita, most of it wasn't new to me but i learned a few things. Never knew there was an Abyssal Passage!

You can use a bronze pickaxe instead of the mith one, it works just as fine.

Yes but it weighs a kilogram more.

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

Another thing is, why bring a tele tablet when u can bring a p pot. if you are attked, the p pot can definatly save you, but a teletab is useless if they Tb you. If you have that one space, i see how you can argue that you might forget your glory 2 times in 30 min, but i think you'll be more careful when you 4get the first time.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

As you already know, I have told you that your guide is sooo great it makes me want to dance \'

Im just posting here to say how much I love your guide. It is the best Abyss guide that I have ever seen and I dont think it can be topped :)

EDIT: Wow!! this is my first post and I joined in November 2005 (shows you how great this guide is lol)

I read your first guide this ones just as good if not better. How come its now AOW yet? :|

Thanks, it's basically the same guide, just that I've updated it alot.

It's listed in the AOW sticky, it just hasn't been moved to the actual forum.

pwnage guide dude =p.

i have never understood how the abyss works, but now i do.

thanks!

Thanks, I hope now you'll get out there a give it a go yourself. :)

Another thing is, why bring a tele tablet when u can bring a p pot. if you are attked, the p pot can definatly save you, but a teletab is useless if they Tb you. If you have that one space, i see how you can argue that you might forget your glory 2 times in 30 min, but i think you'll be more careful when you 4get the first time.

Bringing a prayer pot is already listed in the guide, although I have to disagree to what you're saying. If you have a teletab and you manage to teleport away, you're instantly safe. If you only have a prayer potion to protect yourself, you can only put on protect item, steel skin, and a protection prayer, all of which can be hit through, and of course if the PKer is using smite, you prayer could be drained. Even through a protection prayer, you still do get hit.

As you already know, I have told you that your guide is sooo great it makes me want to dance Dancing

Im just posting here to say how much I love your guide. It is the best Abyss guide that I have ever seen and I dont think it can be topped Smile

EDIT: Wow!! this is my first post and I joined in November 2005 (shows you how great this guide is lol)

Haha, thanks once again. <3: