More F2P Bank Space! [BANKSPACE ACHIEVED!]

Prankster_King

I understand how importent F2P is to RuneScape, and I kinda feel sorry for SOME non-members. A couple more rows of bankspace won't really hurt the game at all and plus all the suggestions or '''whining''' would wind down a bit. Agree.

adventurer86.png

suggest.gif

ORLYSIGLMAHFAO-3.gif

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this all the way! As a former f2p, Dropping all those extra items is murder...

Two or three more rows wouldn't hurt, and it would benefit members at some point. There are so many skilling items that go through the hands of f2pers that eventually benefit members, any enticement to the game for f2pers will eventually benefit all members!

kongjy5.jpg

Thx to pink for ownage sig!

87/99 fletching, started 3/24/07

Break from RS 4/01/07 to 5/01/07

4,080,643/13,034,431

erkid"]Give me reasons why you deserve bank space. If you answer that and I don't have any bad responce to it, I will agree.

Apparently you don't realize how important f2p is to RuneScape as a whole. And not just non-members want this update. A lot of members and former members like me really want more f2p bank space.

I'm a former member and now f2p and I find it easy to fit everything in. And yes, f2p is important to Jagex because it's pretty much the trail verison of the main game. But the average player becomes member around level 50-70. I don't see them having a filled back by this point in time.

Quit RuneScape :)

I dont think there are any valid reasons why F2P should have more bank space. The reason F2P is set up the way it is, is because it forcibly shows people that if they want more things, more skills, more weapons, more items, MORE BANK SPACE, then they should join members. Thats the entire purpose of F2P.

Arguing for more bank space in F2P is like arguing for more weapons, more quests, more skills. Its not going to happen, thats what members is there for. If you find yourself short on space in F2P, get rid of some stuff or shell out 5 bucks a month.

The real tragedy is when the people who ARE paying dont have enough bank space.

F2P could get at least 12 more blank spots. But, this isn't essential, and isn't much of a neccessity. You can still play without 12 bank slots, as holiday items can be destroyed, but can be recovered back from Diango, or in the crate of marionettes! Random items can be limited, such as frog outfits, which can be kept as frog tokens. Easy items you can attain from general shops such as tinderboxes, hammers, pots, buckets, etc. don't need to be kept in your bank, as it is only an easy 1-2 coins! How much trouble can that be!

.signature your in this put ,backwards this read to enough smart your If

The reason F2P is set up the way it is, is because it forcibly shows people that if they want more things, more skills, more weapons, more items, MORE BANK SPACE, then they should join members. Thats the entire purpose of F2P.

I agree with this. The limited bank space is part of the incentive to become a member. If Jagex gave F2P'ers more bank space, they would ultimately lose money from some people deciding to stay F2P, however small this amount is.

However as being F2P myself at the moment, I wouldn't mind the extra bank space, but I disagree that it is totally necessary and it's possible to live without it.

Its really up to Jagex if they want to give us the bank space to make all it's F2P'ers a lot happier, at the cost of possibly losing a small amount of money.

The reason F2P is set up the way it is, is because it forcibly shows people that if they want more things, more skills, more weapons, more items, MORE BANK SPACE, then they should join members. Thats the entire purpose of F2P.

I agree with this. The limited bank space is part of the incentive to become a member. If Jagex gave F2P'ers more bank space, they would ultimately lose money from some people deciding to stay F2P, however small this amount is.

However as being F2P myself at the moment, I wouldn't mind the extra bank space, but I disagree that it is totally necessary and it's possible to live without it.

Its really up to Jagex if they want to give us the bank space to make all it's F2P'ers a lot happier, at the cost of possibly losing a small amount of money.

I must agree, to a degree. Limited bank space is an incentive but more often than not, the person who has bank troubles and doesn't want to deal with them just quits. Either that or they create a second account to store unneeded items on. This is against the rules, but I have seen many people doing it.

It is not totally necessary and most of us can live without it, and of course it is up to Jagex. If they really wanted to, they could wipe out all of F2P, reset all accounts, shut down Runescape as a whole, etc.

People store and wear random event items because they look good? This is one of the reasons people keep wearable rares (partyhats, Santa hats and H'ween masks). They look good. If you ask anyone why they wear random event items, you will probably get the response, I like how they look or something along those lines. People also store random event items in ? They can store them in their player owned home, but they still store them. It is not just free players that like to store them, it is also for subscribers.

Unknown has just reiterated a point I made long ago, but is good that he brings it back up. Pressuring the free-version community does often lead to people creating another character to store items on. This is against the rules, but guess what? They don't have any other place to put them. Also, if you just keep buying and selling your equipment, you waste a lot of time selling it and buying it back.

Also, some people are referring to the free-version as a demo. I would really like to know where Jagex calls the free-version a demo? I want you to find me one place where Jagex does call it a demo version. I have already found countless places where Jagex doesn't say demo version. If you really think it is a demo version, prove me wrong. I dare you. No one bothered to prove me wrong on my last post, but for some reason, people just don't bother reading this thread before they argue. Most of the arguments that have been brought up have been repeated many times over. If the argument failed the first time, it is going to fail the next thirty times it is brought up again!

tfssig.png

F2P players make up the bulk of the RuneScape Community. It is precisely because Jagex doesn't add bank space for the F2P players that made me decided not to become a member. You may think this is nonsense, but what if my subscription runs out? Won't I not be able to fit all my P2P stuff in my bank for that few weeks? I stress that F2P is not a DEMO! You people heard of Warcraft 3 right? F2P is something like Warcraft 3: Reign of Chaos, and P2P is the expansion set (Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne)! Most members are just so arrogant that they are members and that they pay, why we F2Pers pay Jagex too! We see those pathetic ads everytime we play and those make Jagex the most amount of money, more than what the members pay! Someone suggested throwing away random event sets, I beg to differ, would you want to throw it away? Some outfits that you get so rarely, would you throw it away? Think in OUR shoes before you members talk so much rubbish! You think we never throw away stuff like hammers, tinderboxes? Oh please, we are not idiots. So, more BANK SPACE for F2Pers!

vader2fz.png

I whole heartedly agree! JaGEx has far too long ignored the "underclass" of RuneScape, when they arent even a lower class at all. It is time they gave F2pers their rights!

Add me to the petition!

Respectfully Submitted,

Player 72985

There are 10 types of people in the world:

-Those who understand Binary

-Those who dont

2utre3s.gif

I wouldn't neccesarily be angry if F2P got bankspace, (frankly, I couldn't care less) however I don't feel they deserve bankspace.

My reasoning -

Members pay for additional services. Ergo, they deserve more than F2P.

Also, F2P don't get the whole game, but rather have the option to upgrade to members if they feel they would enjoy it. Therefore, the game is a demonstration of what the game would be like - a demo.

I don't see F2P and P2p as different races, rather different groups of the same people that can alternate, a bit like the tocean. The tides make the water move from place to place, but it is still an ocean.

Also, what you said about Jagex not having Members to begin with... let's not forget that 95%+ of Members areas and items didn't exist at that time. Bank space then was probably nearly the same as it is for F2P now.

And finally, please don't complain about holiday items, you can always pick them up from Diango again. Therefore, the only items that you really need are those that you use regularly.

Summing it all up - I don't support.

Aresgodowar wrote:

F2p is the demo form

F2P was never a demo. P2P has been the expansion set all along. F2P was out long before P2P, continues to be updated, and has no limits in available skills. There is much more on this further back in the thread, so I will leave it at that.

you are soo 100% right, and why doesnt jagex respond to all this?. p2p is getting bigger like every 2 weeks, and don't tell it isnt big enough either. well that just is , even mods agree? rofl why dont they respond. i dont get this. f2p's deserve bankspace too? AGREE

These issues and been discussed by hal020wns, I have no arguement. I have been a 4 year f2p player for years, and first of all, Runescape classic was a very minimal bank space for everyone I'd have to agree. Now I see more updates to members, and very few percentage of an update for f2p. If there's a protest or a sudden disappearance of f2p, then surely, JaGex will be in trouble.

One of the oldest articles of the weekly report was about if there's no f2p players, meaning there's no pixels. No pixels, no game improvement. Why spend playing if we don't get what we want? :x

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

I broadly agree, if Jagex are going to let the f2p'ers have all these extra items, surely logic follows that your going to need somewhere to put them.

For the short amount of time I was on f2p, I cant recall running out of bank space that often, but no two people play this game the same.

What I'm trying to put across here is that if Jagex just stonewalls with seemingly industry standard "You don't pay" blurb it will drive away more people than it will 'force' into p2p just so they have a bit more room in there bank.

The hole that Jagex appear to have dug for themselves in this issue is that should they now decide to grant extra bank space to the f2p'ers the 'braying mob' will get it into there heads that if they create enough demand over any single issue they can get what they want.

My only reservation would be, that if players (possibly future paying members at that) see issues being dealt with like this, ie; f2p'ers making demands, Jagex trying to push people into membership, the majority refusing, some going over to p2p, then some sort of compromise made with the f2p'ers, is not going to be too encouraging for players to make the move over to p2p of there own free will, if they can stay on f2p and just join the massed chorus of people that are demanding improvements to there version of this game.

I'll get down off my box now.

Good luck with your cause.

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Hello, i'm a mage in rs and i have to store all sorts of runes, from air to death, so it takes a row and a half, and some mage eqipment so its 2 and a half rows + money + random event items + holiday items + ......

I WANT MORE BANK SPACE!!!

What can i say? Nobody can touch me!

Hello, i'm a mage in rs and i have to store all sorts of runes, from air to death, so it takes a row and a half, and some mage eqipment so its 2 and a half rows + money + random event items + holiday items + ......

I WANT MORE BANK SPACE!!!

You forgot please :P

"Boy, sure would be nice to have some grenades, don't you think you think?"

1840554111_a0023e3d17.jpg

Though I don't think that every F2P needs all thos items, my opinion is that the bank of F2P is way two small... few rows more space would cost nothing to Jagex...

FormerTip.It mapper | hello?

I really hope that we can make this become real. As you say new items gets added to f2p every now and then but not ever anymore bankspace. And dropping items and then rebuying them when you need them is like so unneccessary. I strongly agree with you and hope we can get his through. =D> \' :thumbsup:

It has come to my attention that people continue to spam and flame in my thread. I'm only going to say this one more time. After that, any spame or flame baiting will be promptly reported. Do not post in here just saying "You dont pay, you dont deserve it." I'll just have you know that not everyone can waste 5$ a month on a game, and no one is going to pay just for some more bank space. Believe it or not, real life comes first, and real life requires all the money some people can get. If you must argue with us, only post here with a well thought out argument. Flaming will not be tolerated, and neither will the common spam. Keep arguments civil. Flame baiting will just show us how immature you are. Keep it clean in here.

So you are saying that members should lose a benefit that we pay for? And if you aren't going to pay why should you get it? Jagex giving more bank space to F2P would cost money. ALOT of money. And who would have to pay for it? Members, it might only be a tiny bit (maybe going up to $6) But why should we pay for something we aren't getting? As you so rightly said not everyone can blow $5 a month on a game. So you are asking members to blow more money on a game when it's not even benefiting them. :|

IMG]http://sig.runeweb.net/sig/12/Superstyle4.png[/img]

Xbox Live Username: ILINI

So you are saying that members should lose a benefit that we pay for? And if you aren't going to pay why should you get it? Jagex giving more bank space to F2P would cost money. ALOT of money. And who would have to pay for it? Members, it might only be a tiny bit (maybe going up to $6) But why should we pay for something we aren't getting? As you so rightly said not everyone can blow $5 a month on a game. So you are asking members to blow more money on a game when it's not even benefiting them.

How exactly did you get that idea? Let's analyze this.

So you are saying that members should lose a benefit that we pay for?

No, the rows added to f2p would be added to members too.

And if you aren't going to pay why should you get it?

Already been answered, I'm skipping this one.

Jagex giving more bank space to F2P would cost money. ALOT of money.

It wouldn't cost ALOT of money. It would cost money, but not enough to even put a dent in Jagex's profit.

And who would have to pay for it?

Who pays for the game in general? Members will pay for the bank space they will use, and f2p will continue having the ads they have all the time. As simple as that.

Members, it might only be a tiny bit (maybe going up to $6)

There has been a lot of updates lately. Big updates, updates that actually cost a lot. Has the price gone up? No. It's called marketing. You invest money to make your product more appealing. Jagex wouldn't make members more expansive for 2 rows of bank space. It would be a bad business move.

But why should we pay for something we aren't getting?

Because you would get extra bank space too.

As you so rightly said not everyone can blow $5 a month on a game.

True, and that's why everyone should be thankful that Jagex has F2P up and running. So instead of demanding, we should ask for more bank space. As some people say, F2P doesn't pay so they shouldn't get updates. But F2P updates are a good business move. It's all the basics of marketing, folks.

So you are asking members to blow more money on a game when it's not even benefiting them.

Both points already explained.

Hope this isn't considered flaming or something. Wasn't my intention to flame.

tetsupportsig2.jpg

Need a countdown? Don't know where to find one? http://www.pending.me.uk/

Retired TET leader.

Not sure if i posted this yet, but no support. You guys are just moochs on Runescape's Servers. Your too cheap to pay to be a member and support Jagex. I think you should have nothing. They should give you less bankspace for complaining.

Beggers cant be choosers, and neither can f2p.

Bluemoon Inn: For those who wish to buy and sell particular things. Join us, #bluemoon