Runescape on XBOX360?

Clan_Chat_Op

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was over at a friends house where he had a projected hooked up to his computer to project a big screen image. So I kicked back for a couple hours and played runescape on a big screen tv. It was pretty cool. So it is possible to have runescape on your tv without using a console I think you just need the right cables.

Dudeonthenet.png

Dudeonthenet.png

I'm always buying snapdragon seeds, name your price.

dude i have an xbox 360 room in my house

its this 16 foot screen with a high def projector...

and ive already hooked my comp up to the projector... it looks awsome

but heres a tip

there are chords that you can buy the hook your comp to your tv

so you can play it without the xbox on ur tv...

Barrows:3 v tops1 g spear 2 t helms

3 ahrim top 1 ahrim bottom

Other drops:73 half keys

2 d meds1 half shield3 lava battlestave

12+ sets red mystic7+ sets white mystic

^ Runescape is already in HD? I would of never guessed, it just doesn't appear so.

Moniters have more pxels than the majority of TV's because they need to cram in all the text and so on, all high definition means is more pixels really. Just because something is in HD doesn't mean it'll look better, it can be sharper etc but usually you'll have to have the extra details in the coding.

For a while i had moble web on my cell phone :twisted: But i couldn't get past the world select page :?

Mobile web on phones isn't worth it, unless you have unlimited minutes. Waste of minutes :wall:

(Sorry for the off topicness)

• 9 months later...
on psp it is possible but the screen is very very bad

:cry:

never owned a PSP. I have a friend who does, i'll see if i can play runescape on a PSP during class sometime.

can psp's get wireless internet? lol

Yes, psp can go online wirelessly.

Only problem is with the 222Mhz processor and the 4MB of DRAM, I don't think RS would run very well :?

You cant run Runescape on PSP because it doesn't support java code. Im a psp hacker :P

i think the 360 is the strongest computer out there (excluding customized super computers anyways)

No. There are hundreds of thousands general gamers PCs that are a LOT faster than Xbox 360's, Playstation 3s are also faster than Xbox 360s.

-EDIT: After reading the date of the post, even then back in that time, there are hundreds of thousands of general gamer's PCs that are faster and more powerful.

Oh and for the record, the graphics on RS whatever way you project or play, will NEVER look better.

mwp9oo.jpg

i think the 360 is the strongest computer out there (excluding customized super computers anyways)

No. There are hundreds of thousands general gamers PCs that are a LOT faster than Xbox 360's, Playstation 3s are also faster than Xbox 360s.

The Cell is great for number crunching whilst the Xenon is generally designed for General Purpose processing, you can't really compare the two processors because they're so different in architecture.

On paper it sounds great but it's hard to develop games etc that can optimize the cell. You're not seeing a great use of physics or AI in PS3 games in comparison to 360 titles, when we get two third or fourth generation titles devs may have enough experience to get the most performance out of both the Xenon and Cell, at that point you'll be able to compare the two.

PS: As for the PS3 being faster with load times it has a standard HDD that can be used to cache information, but you're also looking at a lower read speed with the blu ray drive in comparison to the DVD drive within the 360.

Edit: Another point to take into consideration is the fact that the 360's Xenos GPU smokes the RSX GPU witgin the PS3 (due to the fact NVidia met the original deadline whereas Sony pushed back the 360 due to the blu ray drive, meaning when the PS3 launched the chip was already fairly old)

in fact, you could plug in usb mouse and keyboard through the usb ports but I dont know if my 360 will recognixe it

I guess it could be possible to Mod the console so that it does recognize them.. but that would be pretty pointless to scrap a shiny 360 to play RS on a tv.... Way more convenient on the computer.

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

As many of you know, you can run scripts in media center to load webpages and programs. Currently, I play Super Nintendo and Sega and gameboy games on my 360.

:-k How would I go about doing this on my 360?

barrowsmconscape,Colint94.gif

Colint94.gif

Yes, the 360 would infact pwn if it had a mouse and keyboard to play runescape..altho a computer would be alot more convenient. And as for why I bumped this thread, I was looking through old threads and got caught in the moment as to why the PSP can't run runescape and that all of these guys are phonies saying they made it to the log in screen on PSP. :P